Bayside Marketplace

None of the downtown hotels offer shuttle or breakfast. Shuttles are a waste. $10-15PP when a cab is about $15 inclunding tip from downtown.

Breakfast is expensive at all the hotels. We just go to the Latin American cafe at Bayside for cafe con leche and toasted/smashed italian bread. Plenty of food at lunch onboard.

If you want to be able to walk to Bayside, your best bet is the Intercontinental. Check some old threads for great pricing. The Hyatt regency is normally gotten for under $70 on the bidding site. I would rank the courtyard with HI-POM. It would definitely have to be a very good deal to stay there.

There are other hotels closeby that offer great port views, but a bit out of the way. They are the Hilton, JW Marriot and Doubletree.

I read here someone scored the Epic for $149. That's a great deal.

Thanks for the info. I have gone to Hotwire etc. a few times and have no idea what I am doing:confused: I may just stick with LaQuinta East and pay a cab to take us to dinner near a place that I can buy soda, water and wine to take on the ship. I will us SAS to take us to the hotel from FLL.

This hotel is cab ride to the bayside area? Which hotel would you reccomend. It is myself, my husband and my 15 yr old daughter. Thanks!

I would personally recommend the Doubletree for the great pool area, or the Hyatt Regency. The Intercontinental is really nice as well, but usually pretty expensive. I would stay at any of those.

Thanks so much Staci for your information. Do you know what the cost is for a taxi to go from doubletree to the bayside marketplace.? Also taxi costs for airport to hotel and to pom? Also what is exactly the people mover?

No problem at all...glad to help.

A taxi from the Doubletree to Bayside is about $6-$8 if I'm remembering correctly. It's really a short ride, right across the causeway. MIA Airport to hotel it's about $25 and Hotel to POM is about $10-$12.

Not sure about the People Mover, I was told never to ride that and that it's unsafe, so I don't. I think its just like a subway/train type thing.

Now my dilema, after everything i decided to book with the Marriott, i booked a room for 119 on their site. I asked for 2 double beds but right now says that they are not available. So i emailed and asked if they have a rollaway or something because i really need to know if my room will have 2 beds in it. They emailed back and said that they can not guarantee me 2 beds.. So now not sure if i should cancel and go to the HI POM? Any advice would be appreciated.. if the room with a king in the marriott has a couch she can sleep on the couch?

Now my dilema, after everything i decided to book with the Marriott, i booked a room for 119 on their site. I asked for 2 double beds but right now says that they are not available. So i emailed and asked if they have a rollaway or something because i really need to know if my room will have 2 beds in it. They emailed back and said that they can not guarantee me 2 beds.. So now not sure if i should cancel and go to the HI POM? Any advice would be appreciated.. if the room with a king in the marriott has a couch she can sleep on the couch?

Did you ask when you called the Marriott if they have sofa beds?? That would solve your problem.

We are staying at Intercontinental the night prior to our cruise. (paid $115 total via lastminutetravel) One of the things my dd and I like to do is hit local diners for breakfast the morning of our cruise. I would rather not do the breakfast at the hotel as I've heard it's a bit pricey and in my experience a smaller place has better and more everyday food.

Ideally, we would like to walk to breakfast, eat, and walk back before catching a taxi to the ship. I've played around on the Bayside website as well as Google maps and haven't been able to locate anything that looks to be what we are searching for.

I would love to hear if there is something that fits the bill from those of you who are very familiar with the area.

If your sailing on the Sunday morning then the Latin American it has to be as there is very little open at that time in the morning.

We have just got back off our cruise and stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 days before.

Dont forget the Walgreens nearby for anything you have forgotten

Archived