Bayside Marketplace

There are your usual chain restaurants as well as a pretty good steak house and a Cuban restaurant on the water that's so so Just depends on what you are in the mood for that day. Just stroo around and check out the menus. You won't find outstanding dining in Bayside.;)

Bubba Gumps...always wanted to TRY and it was COOL they had it right there...we ENJOYED ours specially since we hadnt eaten there before!

there is a CVS on the corner about 2 blocks down from the Holiday Inn-which is across from Bayside...

We went to Bubba Gumps there and had a great time. We had never been to a Bubba Gumps before. If you haven't been to one, it's a fun place to try. Our roll call is meeting there for our next cruise too. It was reasonably priced and had a good variety.

We had 2 evening meals at the Trade Winds patio just at the water's edge and really enjoyed them. The burgers were huge - we could easily have split one between us, but we didn't.:p If you want something to drink order a Rumrunner - but don't order more than 1 or 2 or you won't be able to find your way back to your hotel.

We also had a lunch at the Latin Grill, I think it was called - it was okay, but I've had better Cuban sandwiches elsewhere.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

We had 2 evening meals at the Trade Winds patio just at the water's edge and really enjoyed them. The burgers were huge - we could easily have split one between us, but we didn't.:p If you want something to drink order a Rumrunner - but don't order more than 1 or 2 or you won't be able to find your way back to your hotel.

We also had a lunch at the Latin Grill, I think it was called - it was okay, but I've had better Cuban sandwiches elsewhere.

Trade Winds, exactly what's it next too?

Trade winds is on the lower level, just long the waterfront. I think one of the pirate ship excursions sails off from in front ot the rest. If you walk along the water it's heading towards the causeway that takes you to the port or away from the Intercontinental. Basically North. If you are looking at big shark statue, it's to the left. Good pub type food. Going the other way or towards the Intercontinental is the Latin American Rest, just OK and the Mambo Grill, food was OK atmosphere was nicer than the Latin American. They really added alot to the food court upstairs. There is also an Argentinian Steakhouse.

Bubba Gumps is there and the HardRock is there.

Plenty of choices.

There's live music on the weekends and you can grab a Pina Collada:) and just hang out.

There are alot of Bayside haters on this board, but we actually look forward to just have a nice relaxing night before the cruise.

You make up your own mind.

Been there several times, always had a good time. Hooters was a disapointment with very average food. Bubba's was excellent. And just to walk across the street to the HI was great! In addition to CVS, there's a Ross Store near CVS, for any clothing items you may have forgotten.

R&D

I will share with you our very favorite place in all of Miami, it's Bayside. You MUST eat at Lombardi's, get a outside table over looking the marina, enjoy the music and people watch. We order the Itilian items but they have a varied menu. Get there around sunset and you need to order a pitcher of sangrehia. Enjoy!:)

In addition to CVS, there's a Ross Store near CVS, for any clothing items you may have forgotten.

Are you serious? I was that close to a Ross and didn't know it? We don't have Ross stores up here in the "frozen tundra", and I would have given up my, well let's just say I would have loved to have spent a couple of hours wandering through the store. We went to the CVS a couple of times, and found the other drug store (I can't remember the name of it) a couple of blocks north of CVS. I'll keep that in mind the next time we're in Miami at the HI, POM.

There's live music on the weekends and you can grab a Pina Collada:) and just hang out.

There are alot of Bayside haters on this board, but we actually look forward to just have a nice relaxing night before the cruise.

That live music was a great surprise when we went before. I too noticed that people really talk badly about Bayside. I wonder why? It's a really cool area for a day before a cruise.

Are you serious? I was that close to a Ross and didn't know it? We don't have Ross stores up here in the "frozen tundra", and I would have given up my, well let's just say I would have loved to have spent a couple of hours wandering through the store. We went to the CVS a couple of times, and found the other drug store (I can't remember the name of it) a couple of blocks north of CVS. I'll keep that in mind the next time we're in Miami at the HI, POM.

I recently stayed at the downtown Hyatt. CVS and Ross are both a short walk from the hotel.

Trade winds is on the lower level, just long the waterfront. I think one of the pirate ship excursions sails off from in front ot the rest. If you walk along the water it's heading towards the causeway that takes you to the port or away from the Intercontinental. Basically North. If you are looking at big shark statue, it's to the left. Good pub type food. Going the other way or towards the Intercontinental is the Latin American Rest, just OK and the Mambo Grill, food was OK atmosphere was nicer than the Latin American. They really added alot to the food court upstairs. There is also an Argentinian Steakhouse.

Bubba Gumps is there and the HardRock is there.

Plenty of choices.

The live music is it just bands set up along the strip or is it certain restaurants that have the live music?

I will share with you our very favorite place in all of Miami, it's Bayside. You MUST eat at Lombardi's, get a outside table over looking the marina, enjoy the music and people watch. We order the Itilian items but they have a varied menu. Get there around sunset and you need to order a pitcher of sangrehia. Enjoy!:)

I was going to tell you Lombardi's as well....it's excellent! Also there is a Conga Bar next door with live salsa/merengue music that's great as well. Also connected to Lombardi's.

Second choice would be Bubba Gumps.

For a relaxing pre-cruise dinner and evening outdoors, BAYSIDE certanly fits the bill!

While I certainly haven't tried every place there, as favorite of our is MAMBOS, where you can get some great food and sit out on the boardwalk and watch the world (including ships!) go by!

Great food, service, and atmosphere. Also, very casual and icy cold drinks!

Try the Cuban Sandwich and ther unusal presentation of plantain chips. Both are delicious!

It keeps us going back!

I was going to tell you Lombardi's as well....it's excellent! Also there is a Conga Bar next door with live salsa/merengue music that's great as well. Also connected to Lombardi's.

Second choice would be Bubba Gumps.

My opinion is that Lombardi's is a distinctly below-average italian restaurant. It is also noisy and crowded. On the good side, prices are reasonable and service is decent. It is certainly not a terrible restaurant, but I would not recommend going out of your way to eat there. Not a fan of Bubba Gump, as well.

My opinion is that Lombardi's is a distinctly below-average italian restaurant. It is also noisy and crowded. On the good side, prices are reasonable and service is decent. It is certainly not a terrible restaurant, but I would not recommend going out of your way to eat there. Not a fan of Bubba Gump, as well.

IMO, those are the two best restaurants at Bayside. Neither are 4*, but I have enjoyed both several times. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Anybody have an opinion (LOL) about the best place to eat at Bayside Marketplace in Miami? Also, are there any stores there that sell beer to go? Not sure of Fla. liquor laws. Thanks!

House of Wine a& Liquor up SE 1st about a block from Bayfront Park. I believe the CVS store on SE 3rd, around the corner carries some brand of big beer in their coolers.

We went to Bubba Gumps for dinner. Now, 3 out of 4 were major seafood lovers (being from Maine, they know their stuff) and they all loved it. Then there was me...allergic to seafood. If you are not a seafood person, there is a very limited menu, but it was very good. Bayside is a great place to go the night before a cruise. It really gets you in the mood for cruising!:D

Bayside is a great place to go the night before a cruise. It really gets you in the mood for cruising!:D

I agree, The DW enjoys going there for a drink and dinner after a day of traveling, then a short stroll back to the hotel to rest up for the big day.

Last time, we stayed at the HI-POM. It was much better than I expected. Mind you, the Intercontinental is much nicer and we prefer the bedding at the Hyatt Regency, but we got a great rate and a HUGE room on the 9th floor. We had three kids with us and the sleeper sofa was great to have.

Everyone has different experiences and sees things differently. When we are on vacation, I leave grumpy daddy at home and make it the best trip possible for my family. These are the memories you keep forever.

Bubba Gumps if you love shrimp and that outdoors tropical atmosphere.

Latin American Steak House (not the cafe) for Mexican - go Left in between the two buildings to the left as you face the marina before the stairs and the hanging Shark. It is all the way at the end. When you see local people enjoying a meal, you know it is good food and the service was great.

The Mambo and Latin American Cafe are great for breakfast. Lombardi's is OK but noisy as mentioned.

Music, bands, singers perform daily and nightly at the band stand at the marina. You will see people dancing on the sidewalk. It is lots of fun to watch. There are a few tables and chairs and stair type seating below the stores.

Archived