Need gift idea for first time cruisers on their honeymoon...

Hello... I'm attending a wedding shower and I am in need of some gift ideas. The bride and groom are going on their first cruise as their honeymoon. I thought it would be neat to give them some cruise related wedding shower gifts.

In addition to the T-shirt or hat with "Honeymooners" or something similar...what else can I give them?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!! :-)

Almost all cruiselines will allow people to either go online or call the cruiseline directly and prepurchase gifts. Everything from buying them an excursion, to drink coupons, to flowers, to a bottle of wine.

All you would need is their last names, dates of sailing, and their booking number. And of course the name of the cruiseline and ship they are on.

Almost all cruiselines will allow people to either go online or call the cruiseline directly and prepurchase gifts. Everything from buying them an excursion, to drink coupons, to flowers, to a bottle of wine.

All you would need is their last names, dates of sailing, and their booking number. And of course the name of the cruiseline and ship they are on.

In addition to these great suggestions, you could also prepurchase onboard credits.

Onboard credits is always a plus, but if you want to give them something else you could get a beach bag and fill it with goodies such as each a monogramed towel, disposable camera, huggies to hold their beer or coke can/bottle and anything else that you would use on a cruise. This is only an idea. ;) Good Luck !

My dd & sil did a Med Cruise for their honeymoon 3 years ago, at her shower her friends bought her a bikinki that said "bride" on the bottom in rhine stones (hey, you're only young once right?) They also got flip flops that would impint "just married" when they walked on sand... sounds corny, but she said, they received many congrats & free drinks when she wore that bathing suit. Try advantage bridal .com lots of cute gifts there.

thanks for the info

regarding the OBC, how would I "present" to them that I got them OBC's at the wedding shower? Is there like a Royal Carribbean gift card or something? (forgive ignorance) ... I just dont wanna show up at the wedding shower with a email or receipt printout... you know what i mean?

i like the flip flop idea..and that would go well with the tote and towel.

thanks everyone! keep the ideas coming!!!!

:)

My dd & sil did a Med Cruise for their honeymoon 3 years ago, at her shower her friends bought her a bikinki that said "bride" on the bottom in rhine stones (hey, you're only young once right?) They also got flip flops that would impint "just married" when they walked on sand... sounds corny, but she said, they received many congrats & free drinks when she wore that bathing suit. Try advantage bridal .com lots of cute gifts there.

cute idea!

i will def take a look at that website...thanks!

thanks for the info

regarding the OBC, how would I "present" to them that I got them OBC's at the wedding shower? Is there like a Royal Carribbean gift card or something? (forgive ignorance) ... I just dont wanna show up at the wedding shower with a email or receipt printout... you know what i mean?

i like the flip flop idea..and that would go well with the tote and towel.

thanks everyone! keep the ideas coming!!!!

:)

oh and forgot...def a guide book!

You could buy certificate paper and create your own "gift certificate" for them - cruise line name, their names, the amount of the gift (OBC, bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, flower arrangement - whatever you choose!), a fun quote about sailing. Wrap it in a box for her to open or roll it with a pretty ribbon and add it to a beach bag if you are also planning to give flip flops, sun block, beach novel, etc.

In addition I would still give her the reciept - always good to have when they board or are checking their cruise details on line.

You could buy certificate paper and create your own "gift certificate" for them - cruise line name, their names, the amount of the gift (OBC, bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries, flower arrangement - whatever you choose!), a fun quote about sailing. Wrap it in a box for her to open or roll it with a pretty ribbon and add it to a beach bag if you are also planning to give flip flops, sun block, beach novel, etc.

In addition I would still give her the reciept - always good to have when they board or are checking their cruise details on line.

thanks for the idea!

I was married on the Dawn Princess and my honeymoon was a cruise to Alaska, so I have a bit of first hand experience with this question. :)

The best gifts we received were shipboard credits to use on shore excursions. We had spent quite a bit of money on the wedding so it was very nice to have some extra splurge money to spend on shore excursions.

I still tell my mom's best friend "THANK YOU" for the tram ride up Mt. Roberts in Juneau!

Don’t limit them with on board credit. Remember if they don’t spend it on board it isn’t refunded. Buy Visa, MasterCard, American Express gift cards, etc. and they can use them towards their ship board account or for buying a special souvenir in one of their ports of call.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

We did our honeymoon on a cruise too. Some friends and family paid for things such as chocolate covered strawberries, a special breakfast on our balcony, and an onboard credit for whatever we wanted (along with another plate of chocolate covered strawberries). It was all great! If you had to choose one thing, make it the onboard credit. I'm sure they can find something to do with it.

For presenting it to the couple, maybe make them a little "cruise gift basket" with a variety of items that will be useful for their cruise, that they may not think to bring (being newbies). Then nestle the gift certificate into that.

Peruse the various lists floating around on CC and throughout the internet of things to take on a cruise for ideas. My suggestions (off the top of my head) would be a basket filled with items such as lanyards (for putting their cruise cards on), a night light, a cute sign you made to hang on their door (that displays their names, wedding date, announcing they're on their honeymoon, etc), a pocket language guide (if they'll be in a port where a foreign language is spoken), ginger candies (for sea sickness), a roll or flat pack of duct tape (an oft touted cruise "necessity" for all kinds of unexpected emergencies), luggage tags (perhaps monogrammed ones would be a nice keepsake for this and future trips), a power strip or "squid" style extension cord (since the cabins often have too few outlets, especially in the bathroom), etc.

If its their honeymoon, I'd suggest a giant "Do not disturb" sign :D Make up a menu...one for him, one for her. Depending on how close you are to the couple, you can get as risque as they will allow. Have fun with it and let them know how much you want them to have fun and a romantic time.

Archived