Sky Suite on Millie - Yes or No ?

GermanBoy1977

Hello,

I really need some advise please. We have a C1 aft CC cabin (7206) booked on the Millenium for our upcoming January cruiseand I am thinking about going for a Sky Suite (S2) midship. What I don't like about these cabins is the relatively small balcony compared to the aft CC cabins. Any comment or advise wether we should book a Sky Suite woud be greatly accepted.

If it were me, I would stay with the aft cabin... I am truly partial to those cabins and those balconies are just the best for really being able to relax and enjoy your trip. But, if you would prefer more cabin space and the services of a butler, you may prefer to switch to the Sky Suite. Either way, have a wonderful cruise. :)

Keep the delicious aft and have your TA put "upgrade not accepted" on your reservation

I have stayed in 7206 and will have same cabin on next trip on Infinity. Nothing better IMO.

I agree about not taking the SS but I sure wouldn't put "upgrade not accepted" on reservation. We were upgraded to a Royal Suite on Millie once at check in and that would not have happened if we had had that on our reservation. Never close the door to possiblilities!!! You can always say "NO" if you don't like something they offer!!!

You can always say "NO" if you don't like something they offer!!!

Not necessarily - the OP could be upgraded to a Sky Suite and LOSE the aft because it will have been assigned to someone else. Could even happen at check in.

Hello, again,

I have taken pachecko18's advise and asked my TA to change our booking to 'no upgrades accepted' since we could also be upgraded to a Celebrity Suite and I am quite sure I dont want that to happen. The Royal Suites are booked already and this leaves Sky Suites right now to be upgraded to. I am quite sure now I would not want to loose the wonderful aft CC Cabin to be upgraded to a Sky Suite but if we still change our minds we can always book a Sky Suite in the future.....thanks to all of you.

We have been in both the aft CC cabin (7203) and the SkySuite (61631) on the Millie and on the Connie. There is NO absolute answer to which is better. It all depends on you, the individual.

We like the huge balcony the aft facinng CC's have furthermore the balconies on Deck 7 are the largest of the lot. We're divers so the balcony gave us a pace to relax, to entertain and somewhere to hang our SCUBA gear to dry. OTOH the CC cabins are smaller than SS cabins no matter where the cabin is located.

We really like the additional cabin space in two particular Skysuites, 6131 and 6132. These two are the largest of all the SS cabins and they have a large balconies as well, not as large as the aft CC balcony but still a very large balcony. We loved the extra cabin space and we also loved having a butler. We weren't sure about the butler service at first but having a butler has been one of the high points of our cruises.

If we couldn't get 6131 or 6132 then I think that the aft CC cabin is better. If 6131 or 6132 is available then I think the Skysuite is better. If the choice was one of the midship SS cabins or the aft CC I would go with the aft CC in a heartbeat. But again it all boils down to what things YOU like and want in a cabin.

This is of course just my $0.02 worth. Enjoy that next cruise no matter what cabin you decide on.

:):):)

Not necessarily - the OP could be upgraded to a Sky Suite and LOSE the aft because it will have been assigned to someone else. Could even happen at check in.

To each his own...I prefer to keep my options open....NEVER would have gotten that Royal Suite by eliminating the possibility......

We were upgraded at last minute because of late Royal Suite cancellation....certainly worked for us!!!:D

Hello, again,

I have taken pachecko18's advise and asked my TA to change our booking to 'no upgrades accepted' since we could also be upgraded to a Celebrity Suite and I am quite sure I dont want that to happen. The Royal Suites are booked already and this leaves Sky Suites right now to be upgraded to. I am quite sure now I would not want to loose the wonderful aft CC Cabin to be upgraded to a Sky Suite but if we still change our minds we can always book a Sky Suite in the future.....thanks to all of you.

Enjoy your Aft cabin...but they would NOT upgrade you to a CS without your permission...they DO understand the desire for balconies....I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise!:D

We actually switched from a Sky Suite to 7208 and 7206 for our kids. We were in a Royal Suite on Century a few weeks ago and loved having the butler and all the other ammenities that come with a suite. But when we really looked at what we enjoyed the most it was all the time we spent on that wonderful balcony. To us it seems worth it to be in the C1 afts and have all that balcony space over the suite space and butler.

Will be looking forward to a review in January to see how the cabin is as we will not be sailing until next summer if you don't mind :)

There is another aspect of the aft facing balconies that I forgot to mention. They are sheltered from the wind when the ship is underway. It's still breezy but not windy. The balconies along the sides of the vessel are WINDY when underway unless you have partial shelter where the ship transitions from wider to narrower i.e. behind a hump.

We still like 6131 best but the windy aspect may be important to some when at sea.

;):);)

Are the aft cabins on Millie covered on decks 7 or 8? I have seen pictures of the aft cabins on the Summit on 7, and they are covered and while huge, look too closed in for me. Trying to decide to keep CC 6144 or go for the aft. Thanx

Hello,

yes 2/3 of the aft balconies on Deck 7 and 8 are covered. This is one of the main reasons we are thinking about booking a Sky Suite midship on Deck 6......the disadvanage of the Suite will be the small balcony compared to the aft CC cabins.....we still haven't decided yet......greetings from Michael

As a previous poster mentioned the aft balconies on Deck 7 are partially covered which we think is a benefit. One third of the balcony nearest the cabin is covered with a hard ceiling. The middle third has a canvas cover while the aft one-third is open.

We went through two or three rain showers and when it rained we could duck back under the covered part of the balcony and still enjoy the view. When the rain stopped we could go back out in the sun if we wanted to. So IMHO having the partial cover gives one the best of both world's plus we hung our SCUBA gear up to dry in the part of the overhang nearest the cabin wall.

:):)

Hello,

thank you all for helping me with the decision we have made. We went on and booked Sky Suite 6145 on Penthouse Deck, it looks as if this cabin is worth the money....looking at some pictures on webshots I am quite sure we wil not be disappointed......greetings from Michael

We had 6145 on Connie and it is a fantastic cabin. Since you were struggling with giving up the aft, I'd say you made a perfect selection. The cabin is great, the bath is out of the world, and the veranda is massive. Enjoy your cruise!:)

We also booked sky suite 6145 on the Mille for our Oct cruise. We were in another sky suite when 6145 became available. After some research on CC we snatched it up. Will let you know how we like it.

• 1 month later...
We had 6145 on Connie and it is a fantastic cabin. Since you were struggling with giving up the aft, I'd say you made a perfect selection. The cabin is great, the bath is out of the world, and the veranda is massive. Enjoy your cruise!:)

TRadle,

Did you notice a lot of noise from PH suite next door on Connie. Have this same suite on Summit.

Archived