Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

Thank you, and these are good for Royal Caribbean? Just making sure before I use my ink up;)

There are 2 sheets per page and only adults have to fill them out. It doesn' take too much ink. I didn't print mine in colour.

Friends of mine went last year and didn't have to fill one of these out (at least she says she doesn't remember doing it) but I have forwarded the link to all in my group (there are 29 of us going) and they can do as they please.

I figure print them up either way.... then you have them completed already. If we don't need them - oh well - extra scrap paper for notes!! :)

The Room Service menu can be had 24 hours a day but a $3.95 charge applies if you want to eat between 12:00 AM -5:00 AM.

If you want to make a request for a special meal such as Kosher, Vegetarian or have an allergy please do so at the time of your booking and reconfirm it 1 week before your sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
I have not seen either of these drinks on Royal. Technically, no beverages are allowed to be brought on board, but they typically don't enforce the rule for soft drinks.

Since you have a medical condition that requires these specific drinks, I would not leave the issue to chance. I'd contact Royal's special needs department and make advance arrangements. You can email them at special_needs@rccl.com. Note the underscore "_" between special and needs.

I believe you are allowed 2 bottles of wine! Crazy they won't allow a few other things

• 3 weeks later...
Number of Formal Nights

3 to 5 Nights = 1

6 to 13 Nights = 2

14 & 15 Nights = 3

Some European 12 Nights Have 3 Formal Nights

BUT...they don't always follow this official schedule. Some 9 night cruises (even to Bermuda/Caribbean) have had a 3rd formal night. You won't be able to tell for certain until you board the ship :rolleyes:

Jane

BUT...they don't always follow this official schedule. Some 9 night cruises (even to Bermuda/Caribbean) have had a 3rd formal night. You won't be able to tell for certain until you board the ship :rolleyes:

Jane

Well it is a Guide-Line :p:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy Dog

We always bring a six or twelve pack of soda in our carryon luggage.

Our soda has never been taken away.

We sail out of Port of Tampa, Port Canaveral, and Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale).

Royal Caribbean also allows you to take two bottle of wine in your carry on also.

Wishing you a good cruise...

Dorothy

Dorothy & Dog (hmmm, why does that ring a bell? LOL):

On our last RCCL cruise out of Baltimore, we had a bottle of wine confiscated...even though we thought it was 'cleverly disguised' in a Wine Diaper (they did not, however, detect the Rum Runners!)

We also were allowed to freely transport a flat of bottle water, w/ luggage-tag attached. But I understand it is @ the discretion of the cruise port, vice RCCL 'policy'.

• 2 weeks later...
On Radiance class ships there is the SeaView Cafe. This restaurant is located on Deck 12 aft. There is no charge for food items, but there is a charge for soft drinks, beer, wine and alcoholic prepared beverages.

The menu which offers soups, salads, various sandwiches, fries, onion rings, salsa and chips, Nathan's hot dogs, fish & chips, chicken wings and a daily dessert is the same on Radiance, Serenade and Jewel. On Brilliance the menu is more Italian with many pasta dishes.

Hours during the day vary by port/sea day. The SeaView is opened daily from 9PM until 1AM for late night snacks. Dress is always casual.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do;jsessionid=00000H-ZeXqBvO3jmd4OanQ7m56:12hbioan0?exCode=540

The Radiance and Serenade of the Seas do not have this, and so will the brilliance by the end of the year. Not sure about the Jewel.

Dorothy & Dog (hmmm, why does that ring a bell? LOL):

On our last RCCL cruise out of Baltimore, we had a bottle of wine confiscated...even though we thought it was 'cleverly disguised' in a Wine Diaper (they did not, however, detect the Rum Runners!)

We also were allowed to freely transport a flat of bottle water, w/ luggage-tag attached. But I understand it is @ the discretion of the cruise port, vice RCCL 'policy'.

The allowance for two bottles of wine per stateroom to be brought onboard was added AFTER your cruise last June. We just cruised last week and had no problems with the wine. Spirits, however, are still banned.

When boarding the ship for your cruise, instead of heading to the (very) crowded Windjammer, why not visit Sorrentos on the Promenade and have lunch there instead. We did and it wasn't crowded at all!

Edited by silver_cloud

• 3 weeks later...

If you are traveling with an extra person and don't have a 3rd or 4th person cabin, try posting an urgent request on the cruise's Roll Call listing here on Cruise Critic.

We had that situation one time and learned that cruise lines CANNOT give grace on that extra person because of lifeboat, life preserver and other regulations. All the 3 and 4 person rooms were already booked. :eek:

I desperately requested help on the roll call, of course offering to pay the passage and explaining that we would use that cabin in name only - she wasn't going to stay there. I found someone with an extra bed in his cabin (a friend cancelled) and I booked that space via his TA.

Since my situation was with three kids in their early 20s, my kids and their friend were willing to rotate being the person who slept on the floor... :D

Once on board we gave the cabin steward $20 for his trouble. He was great about keeping our little secret - gave us extra bedding and slipped in an extra life preserver. At the end, the kids gave him an extra tip because he was so cool.

The Maitre 'D was also very cool about moving the person to our table.

It worked out great for the extra passenger as well as the person with the extra bed (each pax reduces the price of the the rest of the pax in their room). Once on board I met up with my savior and gave him the extra money from that reduced fare. (For instance, if one pax fare was $1000 and three were $2500, I only paid the $500 to the TA. I gave the $333 difference in cash to the Dad.) Plus there were only two people in that cabin instead of three!

Like I said, it worked well for all involved. However, you need a great place like Cruise Critic to find that kind of help!

sorry to say, but you should pack a bathrobe. that is always a big issue for me as well. in the suites they provide a robe, but in the other cabins they do not. maybe you could try asking your cabin steward to get one for you, but i'm not sure it would work, and you wouldn't want to be without for the entire cruise!! :eek: