Help Create a NEW "Cruising on Royal Caribbean FAQ"

On 10/7/2023 at 2:17 AM, HansSlinger said:

The Ship App says Gangway up at 4pm, but that is when we are due to board.  Do we need to get there earlier?

Depends on if it's the embarkation port or just a visiting port. For a regular port stops that's fine, for an embarkation port you want to be there a bit earlier.

On 8/25/2023 at 12:42 PM, CCW84 said:

Booked our first cruise on Voyager of the seas, 7 nights in Europe. We have an inner cabin, so  2 pullman beds. Does the cruises ever have trundles in the cabin or could we put the mattress on the floor? With younger kids the bunks wont work great and we are used to sharing our beds when needed anyways. What are our options for configuration here? 

You may have already gotten some info by now, but there will be very little floor space to try and put a mattress on the floor, not to mention it would be difficult to get the mattress off the pullman bunk. The pullman beds do have rails on them down the sides, so you can't really roll off. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

we purchased the 3 night dining package for our Nov 2024 cruise. I am unclear on how this works. do I use the app to make reservations for the 3 restaurants we want prior to boarding or do I have to wait till I board and go to each restaurant to make reservations. thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to our 1st cruise since late 2019 and we are preparing to go on Icon in October. I just want to ask/confirm some of the following to refresh my memory (We have done 3 previous RCCL cruises)

1) soda beverage package. If only 1 person in our group of 3 wants it, you don't have to pay for 3 packages right? Is there a time limit on refills at the machines? Realistically I'll be the only one drinking soda.

2) At the same beverage machines, you can use any type of water bottle to get water/ice for free right? (I remember this from last cruise on Adventure)

3) Is there any technical roadblocks for Voom internet. It's obviously cheaper to order " 3 devices for 1 person" vs " 1 device each for 3 people" Does it know or tie into your Royal app on your device? Like do I login with my royal app on all 3 devices? Does internet even care if the royal app is on the device or not? What's the biggest discount you've seen for Internet?

4) We have a stop at St. Martin and this time we want to head to Maho beach. For the score excursion It's really pricey. what do u get for your money on that one? I'm reading you can get a taxi for $15-20 each way instead.
5) For everything available for purchase pre-cruise thru the RCCL App, can you cancel and rebook if it goes cheaper or do some have a disclaimer saying you can't

Thank everyone.

2 hours ago, clockwork58 said:

Looking forward to our 1st cruise since late 2019 and we are preparing to go on Icon in October. I just want to ask/confirm some of the following to refresh my memory (We have done 3 previous RCCL cruises)

1) soda beverage package. If only 1 person in our group of 3 wants it, you don't have to pay for 3 packages right? Is there a time limit on refills at the machines? Realistically I'll be the only one drinking soda.

2) At the same beverage machines, you can use any type of water bottle to get water/ice for free right? (I remember this from last cruise on Adventure)

3) Is there any technical roadblocks for Voom internet. It's obviously cheaper to order " 3 devices for 1 person" vs " 1 device each for 3 people" Does it know or tie into your Royal app on your device? Like do I login with my royal app on all 3 devices? Does internet even care if the royal app is on the device or not? What's the biggest discount you've seen for Internet?

4) We have a stop at St. Martin and this time we want to head to Maho beach. For the score excursion It's really pricey. what do u get for your money on that one? I'm reading you can get a taxi for $15-20 each way instead.
5) For everything available for purchase pre-cruise thru the RCCL App, can you cancel and rebook if it goes cheaper or do some have a disclaimer saying you can't

Thank everyone.

1.Not everyone needs to buy the soda package.

3.Voom is not device specific. So buying 3/4 devices for 1 person is the cheapest way. All of you will use the same login and password then. 

5.Yes book now and watch prices if they go down cancel and rebook.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, clockwork58 said:

) At the same beverage machines, you can use any type of water bottle to get water/ice for free right? (I remember this from last cruise on Adventure)

Beverage machines that accept computer chip will not refill your water bottle.  You get a computer chip bottle with soda package or other drink packages.

Edited by Tom47

7 hours ago, clockwork58 said:

Thank everyone.

2 - You should be using a cup to refill your water bottle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Explaining the Royal Suite Class:

There looks to be three things one must understand.

The first is, What Royal Caribbean ships are part of the Royal Suite Class?

Is Royal Suite Class Available in all Cruise Ships? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Next thing to understand is: Is my suite in Sea, Sky or Star class and what perks for each category?
What benefits are included in each Royal Suite Class Tier? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

What rooms are included in the Sea, Sky or Star category?

What Rooms are Included in the Royal Suite Class Program? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/20/2024 at 11:17 AM, clockwork58 said:

In regard to your 4th question…

This is what we have done numerous times on St. Maarten. I can't remember how much exactly the taxi cost though. Just one piece of advice, make sure to leave enough time to get back to the ship because we have hit traffic on the island a couple of times and it can delay your return.

Edited by QTBabyNurse
Edit