Bon Voyage Experience Questions

AlaskaGolden

As I read the thread, I did not see a direct answer, are booked guest (cruising) allowed to board early with BVE participants if they know each other (as I booked it for my friends driving us to the pier)? I did ask Princess to cross reference my booking. Sorry if the answer is buried in the thread and I overlooked.

We did the BVE on the Sea Princess in SF in May. We weren't with booked guests, but I specifically asked this question at the pier. I was told yes, booked guests board early with those doing the BVE.

As I read the thread, I did not see a direct answer, are booked guest (cruising) allowed to board early with BVE participants if they know each other (as I booked it for my friends driving us to the pier)? I did ask Princess to cross reference my booking. Sorry if the answer is buried in the thread and I overlooked.

We are sailing on September 15 for Alaska and have booked the BVE for my DD, SIL and 2 granddaughters. There are 20 of us on the cruise and we all want to board with the BVE. I have asked my TA to get written confirmation that ALL of us can board with the BVE group. She has been told on the phone that we can but I want it in writing so that there aren't any misunderstandings at the pier.

I am going to talk to her again tomorrow and hopefully we can get that written confirmation soon.

I'll let you know what I hear.

Yes. On our BVE, there were several passengers who boarded with us as they were accompanying people on the cruise. We all boarded together. Twenty is a very large group to board early this way but since you've booked and paid for four people, I don't see that there would be any problem.

When you get to the terminal, make sure you're all together and let the rep at the door know you're with the BVE. Keep on telling reps along the way that you're with the BVE so they know where to direct you. You will check in with those on the BVE (which is also regular check-in... ours was with the Aloha deck people) and be seated separately near the boarding entrance.

Yes. On our BVE, there were several passengers who boarded with us as they were accompanying people on the cruise. We all boarded together. Twenty is a very large group to board early this way but since you've booked and paid for four people, I don't see that there would be any problem.

When you get to the terminal, make sure you're all together and let the rep at the door know you're with the BVE. Keep on telling reps along the way that you're with the BVE so they know where to direct you. You will check in with those on the BVE (which is also regular check-in... ours was with the Aloha deck people) and be seated separately near the boarding entrance.

Pam thank you for your answer. There are enough strong willed people in our group that they would be happy to let everyone know who they are with! Our cabins are on the Dolphin deck so if we can't board with them we would have to wait until after 2:30 to get on board. And that is not what we want to do.

I have done the BVE in SF a few years ago when it was new. We invited 4 folks on board and we boarded with them. I have also seen larger groups boarding in advance - being part of a wedding party. So would guess if your TA communicates about your large group with Princess and you have something in writing that has occurred you will be fine. I agee - get something in writing for those at the dock. Have a great time.

I have done the BVE in SF a few years ago when it was new. We invited 4 folks on board and we boarded with them. I have also seen larger groups boarding in advance - being part of a wedding party. So would guess if your TA communicates about your large group with Princess and you have something in writing that has occurred you will be fine. I agee - get something in writing for those at the dock. Have a great time.

I definitely want something in writing. That way the local Princess personnel can't argue with us!

Less than 50 days to go and we are getting excited.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can use the $39 FCC applied to your next cruise that is already booked or if it can only be apllied to new bookings?

New bookings only. I had two cruises booked and I had to book a third so my BVE wouldn't go to waste. Ha ha, I spent a lot more money just so I wouldn't lose my BVE credit.

New bookings only. I had two cruises booked and I had to book a third so my BVE wouldn't go to waste. Ha ha, I spent a lot more money just so I wouldn't lose my BVE credit.

I'm sorry you had to book another cruise! That's so sad. lol

Oh well, we planned on booking another cruise anyway! I guess this will force us to do it sooner.

Happy cruising.

Archived