Customs in Seattle from Victoria ferry

compozer

After our cruise, we are spending time in Victoria and planning to take the ferry to Seattle. What happens with customs???

thanks

Depends on which ferry;

Victoria Clipper; not sure

Blackball Coho (to Port Angeles); Immigration pre-clearance done in Victoria, Customs done in Port Angeles.

WA State Ferries (to Anacortes); Immigration and customs done in Victoria(Sidney).

thanks scottbee and budgetqueen.

One more question for you, budgetqueen: do we need to purchase our ferry tickets now? (would be traveling June 1) I still don't know where we will be staying post cruise for the three nights. Our cruise docks in Vancouver. Too many decisions with this trip!!!!

thanks again

One more question for you, budgetqueen: do we need to purchase our ferry tickets now? (would be traveling June 1) I still don't know where we will be staying post cruise for the three nights. Our cruise docks in Vancouver. Too many decisions with this trip!!!!

thanks again

Do you have your plans in place for WHEN you are going?? Are you taking a car? Walk on space is easy to get, a different story with a car (which I always have).

we are flying into Anchorage the May 18th. doing land tour and Princess cruise is 22 thru 29. We fly our of Seattle June 2. NO car yet but could rent one in Victoria. WE are boaters on Lake Michigan and would almost prefer to tour the coast by ferries rather than do land tours while in Victoria. I have read more guides on Alaska, etc and posts here and I hate to say it but I'm almost more confused now. Maybe I'm getting older and have a hard time deciding - think something better will come up after I make a decision and have paid.

Thanks so much for taking the toime to help.

we are flying into Anchorage the May 18th. doing land tour and Princess cruise is 22 thru 29. We fly our of Seattle June 2. NO car yet but could rent one in Victoria. WE are boaters on Lake Michigan and would almost prefer to tour the coast by ferries rather than do land tours while in Victoria. I have read more guides on Alaska, etc and posts here and I hate to say it but I'm almost more confused now. Maybe I'm getting older and have a hard time deciding - think something better will come up after I make a decision and have paid.

Thanks so much for taking the toime to help.

I suggest you find out WHAT you want to do, and where you want to be. Then look at the need for a car. IF you are just doing Inner Harbor stuff, then a car isn't necessary- probably. (depending on where you are staying? )

Can you clarify which ferries you intend to take? You will need to get from;

Vancouver to Victoria: BC Ferries from Tsawwassen (37km south of Vancouver) to Swartz Bay (30km north of Victoria)

Victoria -> Seattle; various options as I stated in a previous post.

Note that you were mentioning getting a car; it costs $50 to take a car from Vancouver to Victoria (on top of the foot passenger rate). It's actually cheaper, and no reservations rqd to just take the coach from downtown Vancouver to downtown Victoria. If you need a car on the Victoria side, rent it there.

As for Victoria->Seattle, the clipper doesn't carry cars, which is why I asked...

I've almost always just flown (Horizon Air - part of Alaska Air) YYJ/Victoria-SEA/Seattle, which is only a little bit more (normally around $125) than the cost of the clipper ($85) during the 25 years I lived in Victoria. The other option is Kenmore Air, who have floatplane service from YWH/Victoria Inner Harbour to LKE/Lake Union (and a shuttle to SEA), which is about $150/ea

Thanks for the help Scottbee. I looked up ferries a couple months ago and the Clipper seemed to be what we needed. Vancouver to Victoria and then Victoria to Seattle two days later. The Victoria to Seattle looks like it would offer some really neat scenery since we like boating. If we rent a car it would be while we are in Victoria. Does the coach go on the ferry???? Maybe I need to check it out. Don't have a hotel yet in Seattle but not sure what we want to do. I am checking out hotels for Victoria right now. I know I need to get things done this week since we leave in a week. This is a terrible time of year for us to travel but I need to get my act together and I am starting to with the help of all you nice people here. thanks.

Thanks for the help Scottbee. I looked up ferries a couple months ago and the Clipper seemed to be what we needed. Vancouver to Victoria and then Victoria to Seattle two days later. The Victoria to Seattle looks like it would offer some really neat scenery since we like boating. If we rent a car it would be while we are in Victoria. Does the coach go on the ferry???? Maybe I need to check it out. Don't have a hotel yet in Seattle but not sure what we want to do. I am checking out hotels for Victoria right now. I know I need to get things done this week since we leave in a week. This is a terrible time of year for us to travel but I need to get my act together and I am starting to with the help of all you nice people here. thanks.

Vancouver to Victoria is BC Ferries (bcferries.com); It leaves from Tswassen (s. of Vancouver) and arrives at Swartz Bay (n. of Victoria). Pacific Coach Lines (pacificcoach.com) offer a bus from downtown to downtown for about $45 (the coach loads on the ferry), the other option (which is nearly as fast) is local buses and the price is about $23.

The Victoria-Seattle ferry, is the clipper, a higher speed, passenger only boat.

Archived