Table Hog Poll

dosp

Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?

• Yes, and I was upset
    • Yes, and and I was NOT upset.
    • No, I didnt' notice, I ALWAYS got a seat, with hot food.
    • No, I don't care if I eat a cold breakfast.

[quote name='celtic selke']And they were from Bensonhurst, NY.:p

So there!

celtic[/QUOTE]

So you mean they were making fun of people from Joisey?:confused: Who would've thunk that?:confused: :D :D Well at least I learned something today!

jc

[quote name='celtic selke']No, they just spoke English with a Brooklyn accent. Geez, lot you know about your heroes.

celtic[/QUOTE]

You are sure that the Brooklyn accent says Joisey because they speak that way. I would have thought everyone in Brooklyn at one time made fun of the quaint people from Joisey. What am I missing here?;)

jc

[quote name='hstrybuf']ROFL! Well, I guess it all depends on where you're from as to how it's pronounced. MizzourE, MizzouRAH, etc. And I only say Joisey if I'm joking. We all know it's NEW Joisey. :D[/QUOTE]

it certointly is!:D :D (misspelling intended;) )

jc

[quote name='hstrybuf']ROFL! Well, I guess it all depends on where you're from as to how it's pronounced. MizzourE, MizzouRAH, etc. And I only say Joisey if I'm joking. We all know it's NEW Joisey. :D[/QUOTE]

Ha! This from a woman that hails from the thriving metropolis of Praire Village in the bustling state of Kansas.:rolleyes:

The noive!!!!!!!

celtic

[quote name='xpcdoojk']it certointly is!:D :D (misspelling intended;) )

jc[/QUOTE]

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_2_4.gif[/img]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='celtic selke']I think it is more "soytoinly"; no r.

celtic[/QUOTE]

[i][size=4][color=darkred]Wrong, its SOY-TIN-LY! NEUCK, NEUCK, NEUCK!:D [/color][/size][/i]
[i][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/i]

Steve don't flame me for straying off the topic slightly, but all this talk about "Joisey" and "Cawfee" reminds me of my first airplane trip with my youngest daughter. She was only 5 years old at the time. We were changing planes in Chicago, and stopped at McD's for something to drink. A woman in front of us who was obviously from NYC said something like "I'd like a DEE-CAFF CAWFEE", and my daughter got the strangest look on her face. When I explained that what she heard was a NYC accent, she decided right then and there she wanted to go to NYC to hear all the people talk like that. We finally took her last summer and she loved it. She now says it's her favorite place in the world (so far)!

[quote name='celtic selke']Ha! This from a woman that hails from the thriving metropolis of Praire Village in the bustling state of Kansas.:rolleyes:

The noive!!!!!!!

celtic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's eatin' all that roadkill that does it. :D Neuck, neuck, neuck!

YES...I read the thread....

I have been on several cruises where there was nowhere to sit at prime time but we always do a "stake out" first...One gets the table and the other goes for food. The last cruise in November was the worst because the Windjammer was packed no matter when you went...

I said..."It's their cruise...do what they want." I did not mean it to be that whoever wanted to would monopolize the ship and leave people standing around waiting for a table...while they drank coffee and played cards...

Common courtesy would be the awareness of someone who is looking for a place to eat and offering your table to them if you are done and simply staring out the window....unfortunately, some people just don't get it!!!

[QUOTE=]YES...I read the thread....

I have been on several cruises where there was nowhere to sit at prime time but we always do a "stake out" first...One gets the table and the other goes for food. The last cruise in November was the worst because the Windjammer was packed no matter when you went...

I said..."It's their cruise...do what they want." I did not mean it to be that whoever wanted to would monopolize the ship and leave people standing around waiting for a table...while they drank coffee and played cards...

Common courtesy would be the awareness of someone who is looking for a place to eat and offering your table to them if you are done and simply staring out the window....unfortunately, some people just don't get it!!!
.[/QUOTE]
Well, sgttami, I am very gratified to know that your comments didn't actually mean what I thought them to mean. I am continually stunned by the folks in here who really DO take the "it's my cruise and to heck with you I'll do what I want" attitude. Nice to know you're not really one of them! :)

LeeAnne

Archived