Table Hog Poll

dosp

Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?

• Yes, and I was upset
    • Yes, and and I was NOT upset.
    • No, I didnt' notice, I ALWAYS got a seat, with hot food.
    • No, I don't care if I eat a cold breakfast.

[quote name='celtic selke']Do seals have lips?:confused:

celtic[/QUOTE]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]More importantly, how many toes does a fish have?:D [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='rykersdad']camel's don't have toes silly.... they have humps filled with butter, and spew disgusting saliva..... they pull legs, and are difficult to get onto to ride:D[/QUOTE]
Oh---yeah-----that's what I thought......my mistake.... :D :D :D

[quote name='rykersdad']camel's don't have toes silly.... they have humps filled with butter, and spew disgusting saliva..... they pull legs, and are difficult to get onto to ride:D[/QUOTE]

Now that's just plain mean. How would you feel if you were a camel and were flamed simply for doing what comes naturally?:D

Hey shanny have a good trip.

• 4 weeks later...
And now I feel stupid!

I thought Windjammer was some kind of laid back café that serves food.
This is to be my first cruise and I do watch out for those enoying things that you experienced cruiser dont want to see.

So I know that chair hogging is not good, if I'm not laying in it, take it.

But table hogging? What? If I'm at a restaurant I don´t sit there playing cards, but I might read a book if I'm there alone.

At a café I'll drink my coffea, eat my food or what ever, while I'm reading, again if I'm alone

As long as there's something in my glass, cup or on my plate I'll sit there and relax.

I wont rush since I got there in time and you did not.
But I will never take up a seat just to enoy anybody.

My point with this vacation is not to be stressed and have a good time. I wont let people with chips/rocks/boulders on their shoulder to bug me for the entire cruise.

I will be nice and polite and if I can make another person happy that day by doing or saying something I will.

But please say that I can read while I'm eating and having a coffeay in the windjammer, or if this is not good behavior please tell me where I can go with my coffea and book.

I'm trying to please here.

Have a lovely week.

• 1 month later...
Caxxandra:

You can read and eat in the Windjammer to your heart's content. There are few times when it is really busy; if you eat a little earlier or later than the masses you will not have any problem finding and keeping a table!

Enjoy your cruise, Ellen

I believe Everyone has different levels of comfort. There are some that are very social, like myself and there are others that prefer to be alone, like my DH. Should those liking to be alone not be allowed to go on cruises? They like vacations and fresh air just like the next person. I personally, do as other have posted find a table before getting the food, one of us sits and waits while the others go through the line. I will be traveling with 20 other people and we would like to enjoy each others company as it is a reunion and we all live in different parts of the country, grant it we most likely will not all eat breakfast at the same time but I would not appreciate someone sitting in a sit that I saved. When you go out to eat at a restaurant and you are seated at a table, does someone who is waiting to be seated sit down with you and order thier food? Please keep in mind that everyone has paid to be on the boat. To each individual, yes it is their cruise, and they are going to enjoy it the way they want. I know I will and I don't have a problem with anyone else enjoying thier time.

We often find a table first and have someone sit there while the others go get their meals. We don't necessarily stay in line to get our food together, going different directions. When we don't have a table ahead of time, it always seems like someone finds a table here and someone else finds one there. You wonder where someone is and then you find them sitting at a table alone wondering where you are. Having a table ahead of time ensures everyone knows where to go sit together and makes it a lot easier.

I don't get the gripe about people playing cards in the dining room. Personally, I'd rather go somewhere more comfortable. You are on vacation, so why let something so silly bother you? There are certainly alot more inconsiderate people around the ship (unfortunately, always to be found). We have never been unable to find a table so who cares?

People play cards in the buffet because the card room is full! My last cruise the bridge players had it staked out all day and into the night. I saw people trying to play games on little cocktail tables in the lounge!!

I do agree that playing games should not take precedence over someone with a need to sit down and eat.

[quote name='Serious Cruisers']My pet peeve is those that insist on using the Windjammer as a lounge area and sit there with one cup of coffee during sea days at meal times, or even better playing cards!!![/QUOTE]

The cards I can see getting annoyed with, but if someone is sitting there, having coffee, they have just as much right to be there as you do. For some people, coffee is their breakfast(or any other meal). I am one of those people. And I drink a WHOLE pot before I ever head out the door.:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][b]To the person who started this thread and feels it inconsiderate of people hogging tables while others with food trays cannot find a place to sit. Did it ever occur to you that YOU are a table hog? If you are sitting at a table for 4 or 6 and you are only 2, isn't THAT inconsiderate of others who cannot find a place to sit? I can't imagine enjoying my meal with two empty seats at my table while I see others walk around with their food getting cold with no place to sit. To me on a cruise, everyone is a stranger until they say hi. We're all in it together to relax and enjoy all that cruising has to offer. I guess people do have their own priorities and agendas. From reading this thread [/b][/color][/font][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][b]I will venture to say most agree with mine.[/b][/color][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]So, I will rise above rogue waves, chair hogs, table hogs, bed bugs, etc., etc., to have the best vacation I can have. If I have to worry before going on board, or even WHILE I am on the ship, I would never cruise. I just try not to sweat the small stuff.[/color][/font][/b]

[quote name='BonnieNYTX'][b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]So, I will rise above rogue waves, chair hogs, table hogs, bed bugs, etc., etc., to have the best vacation I can have. If I have to worry before going on board, or even WHILE I am on the ship, I would never cruise. I just try not to sweat the small stuff.[/color][/font][/b][/QUOTE]

Kudos to you....I agree 100%

[quote name='Babs66']Kudos to you....I agree 100%[/QUOTE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][b]^5 Babs. Glad you agree! I'm sitting here apprehensively waiting to be slammed by someone. LOL [/b][/color][/font]

Archived