Table Hog Poll

dosp

Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Have you (previous cruisers) waited to seat, while others waited to be "served"?

• Yes, and I was upset
    • Yes, and and I was NOT upset.
    • No, I didnt' notice, I ALWAYS got a seat, with hot food.
    • No, I don't care if I eat a cold breakfast.

Let's all 4000 of us sit at the same table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's eat from the same trough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's partner swap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I love "people". Several tablemates are friends for life. A COOL THING!:D

I am now trying to eat breakfast. I have plans for the day, which may include an excursion. Although this is a cruise ship, it is patently UNFAIR for you to tell me while I am eating breakfast with my wife, that you are automatically invited and therefore welcome, at MY breakfast table. I've seen posters incorrectly refer to the Windjammer as a "cafeteria". It is not. It is a "buffet", simply meaning "serve yourself". Those that do not understand the difference, are those that probably turned air travel from an exciting experience, into a bus ride.

Now, perhaps I am being a bit harsh, as many recent posters obviously have NOT read the entire thread or even the title, but a certain modicum of respect is due your fellow passengers.

As we travel as a couple, if we want a quick breakfast to discuss the upcoming day, our festering Norwalk, or any other topic, if ONE of us saves a table while the other gathers their repast, and vice-versa, YES, IT'S TRUE!!!! We WILL have a table. However, we will not eat hot food together.

I might be delighted to see you at my table for breakfast. Maybe I won't. However it is not for you to decide my seating arrangment for me. I HAVE, IN SPITE OF WHAT YOU ARE THINKING WHILE YOU ARE READING THIS, INVITED BREAKFAST WANDERERS TO MY TABLE!!!!!!!!

Why????

Because inconsiderate "table hogs" were waiting 30 minutes before eating to be serviced by family or friends, while others stood over their rapidly cooling food looking for a spot. Or, they were playing Pinochle (double deck) in the "cafeteria", instead of the lovely card rooms overlooking the water on deck 11.

There are at least 30 extenuating circumstances to the above issue. Please do not post them, as they have been covered, ad nauseum on previous posts.

Others have asked why this topic is being covered AGAIN; we DO have a large number of new cruisers/browsers that would like to participate. But again I report that approximately one third of cruisers have experienced the problem. That is 20% GREATER than the amount of people who contracted the deadly Norwalk virus 2 weeks ago on the Mariner. But more people have wide and varied advice about this particular non-issue, than those that repeatedly suggest you "wash your hands" on the other thread.

I do enjoy the reparte with many of you, Southerners and Northerners alike, but that is NOT what this thread is about. It is about BEING CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS.

I know I have been considerate and will continue to do so. Do NOT seat yourself at my table. You will know me, I'll be the one with the 357 MAGNUM on the table.

Now, you, as many of my CC friends who know me and my previous posts can all wonder.....

AM I SERIOUS......

OR...............................................................NOT? ;)

Best cruising to you,

Steve

Yo Seaside....

I guess if you've been around you KNOW that post counts were reset due to a systemwide upgrade. I also had a different name prior to that......................................................Could it be???????????????????

Steve

[quote name='dosp']
There are at least 30 extenuating circumstances to the above issue. Please do not post them, as they have been covered, ad nauseum on previous posts.
Steve[/QUOTE]

Then why do you get to continue posting them ad nauseum?:rolleyes:

This thread gets more entertaining as the day goes on:D

And I just realized I have been guilty of sitting at a larger table with just the two of us. At the time, it was the only available table. Just when we started to eat, a nice couple asked us if we could trade tables because they had six in their party. The showed me a smaller table that just became available just a few feet away. I had no problem in moving whatsoever because it was not a big deal and I understand the whole family wanted to eat together.

Now if they would have asked me to move just because they wanted to play cards.....I might not have been so nice:D

Personally, I see two actual, albeit mostly trivial, values to this thread.

1. It allows potential table hogs to recognize the folly of their ways, so that next time they are cruising they might actually pay attention to the poor schmucks wandering around with their food, and then it might dawn on them that they should leave when they are done with their meal so said schmucks could eat their own.

2. It provides endless entertainment to those of us warped enough to keep coming back here to see dosp's latest screaming-meemee diatribe. :rolleyes:

Man, I really need to find some other way to get my jollies...

LeeAnne

[quote name='hstrybuf']You bet, JR! I love meeting new people.

Now there is one thing that really bothers me and that is when 2 people hog a table that can clearly seat 6 or more. Just doesn't seem right now, does it?[/QUOTE]
How can two people hog a table for six unless they are saving it for some friends who are on their way?
I would not want to break up their party at all.

[quote name='colette5479']This thread gets more entertaining as the day goes on:D .........Now if they would have asked me to move just because they wanted to play cards.....I might not have been so nice:D[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=6]LOL! [/SIZE] [/COLOR] Thanks for the chuckle, collette.

Carol

On our first cruise I was little taken aback that you are expected to eat at the same table with total strangers (I knew nothing about cruises) and I wasnt sure if I liked the idea because I have always been a quiet person. Now I wouldnt have it any other way. It is alot of fun to meet different people from all over.

I would never tell anyone that they couldnt join me at a table at the Windjammer. You just might meet a life long friend.

In the dining room on RCI for breakfast and lunch you do not have assigned seating, and they take you into the dining room and put you at a table for 10, the next 2 people enter the dining room, where do they take them? Correct (everyone but Steve) to the same table for 10 that you and your SO were placed at. So if they are placing us at "common" tables in the dining room, why should you expect a "private" table in the Windjammer? Because you are an anti-social person?;)

Seems to me that if the cruiseline intended for the dining experience to be private then there would not be common tables breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Seems self-evident to me, but apparently some people think they are special?

I love to play logic games with the "Devils Advocate"....:p

jc

I am a relatively shy person, but if there is nowhere to sit I have politely asked someone if I could join them. Once I saw an elderly lady sitting at a large table for lunch. I asked if I could join her because there were no other places to sit. She looked uncomfortable for a moment and then invited me to sit. We had a lovely chat for about 5 minute when about 4 other members of her family showed up. She had never mentioned she was saving spaces for them. I offered to find another place, but they all assured me it was fine so I stayed and we had a lovely lunch.

If I had felt I was intruding I would have excused myself and left immediately. I perhaps misread the lady in the beginning. I think I'll rephrase my question to 'Are these seats taken' rather than 'Can I join you?'.

Oh well, live and learn.

[quote name='dosp']Hey Seasick!

I forget who I am EVERY DAY!!!!

New names......new photos...............yessssssssss......who AM I????????

Today, I'm

Steve[/QUOTE]

So what's the big secret?

Don't forget to take those pills today! :D

Thanks buf, but I am on the IV today.....

Actually, no mystery, just a yarn,
I've been on and off the boards since before my first cruise. Forgotton screen names and/or passwords, new isp so they couldn't hook up my previous e-mail address to the new one, etc. No big deal, OR mystery.

But sometimes, I just like to wave a feather under your nose!

Actually, there are other cruiselines that permit open and/or private seating. So why then do I keep cruising RCI????? Because I love it. And, of course, reading my previous posts carefully (which I myself never do), I am not exactly anti-social ;)

I just want a place to sit, with/without others, who cares. Most of the hogs (the ORIGINAL point of this thread) is that some folks take MANY of the seats, leaving little or none for others to even share!

And why would you want to share a breakfast table with me???

I SMELL AWFUL :eek:

Steve

Scapel,

Pay no attention to that jc person. No one, particularly me, is from "Joisey".:eek:
I have never heard anyone in NJ say "Joisey". Maybe that is how they pronounce it "Masura".
As a matter of fact, when I was in New Orleans, people were asking me all the time if I lived in the Quarter. (I wish).
Now have you ever heard people from NO say "Joisey"? I think not.:D

celtic

[quote name='celtic selke']Scapel,

Pay no attention to that jc person. No one, particularly me, is from "Joisey".:eek:
I have never heard anyone in NJ say "Joisey". Maybe that is how they pronounce it "Masura".
As a matter of fact, when I was in New Orleans, people were asking me all the time if I lived in the Quarter. (I wish).
Now have you ever heard people from NO say "Joisey"? I think not.:D

celtic[/QUOTE]

Everything I know I learned from Moe Howard... he and Curly always said Joisey....

jc

Archived