Sea Princess- good balcony stateroom?

utseabee

I am a first time cruiser, and have been researching Celebrity, and now am researching Princess for this summer's trip.

So, I'm checking out the deck plans, and noticed that there is an outline of something on the extrior of the ship. For example, the BF category rooms on the Caribe deck have the outline. Is this an obstruction?

Does anyone have a recomendation for a good balcony stateroom?

Thanks! (I am kind of lost here!)

I am a first time cruiser, and have been researching Celebrity, and now am researching Princess for this summer's trip.

So, I'm checking out the deck plans, and noticed that there is an outline of something on the extrior of the ship. For example, the BF category rooms on the Caribe deck have the outline. Is this an obstruction?

In a regular balcony stateroom on the Sea Princess, the size of the balcony will be the same no matter which balcony stateroom you book. Go with location only. The balconys on these Sun Class ships are all about 3 1/2 feet deep by the width of the stateroom, about 9 feet wide. I have never sailed on a Princess Sun Class ship (or larger) that had a balcony obstruction.

Are you talking about the little protrusion that's about the same width as three cabins? If so, that's just the bridge. And it is NOT an obstruction to any of the cabins (unless you're trying to look straight up). If you check out the same location on every other deck, you'll see that same outline. For some reason, they just show the entire shape of the ship, as if looking at it from the top down and drawing a chalkline around the entire shape.

I'd suggest doing a Google image search for the Sea Princess. Look at the pictures of the ship from the side. You'll see that it doesn't appear that there are any obstructions to any of the balconies (which are actually cut into the hull of the ship, instead of sticking out, on the Sea). So, you should be fine picking whatever suits you! :)

We returned last week from a balcony room on the Sea. As far as I know, there are no balconies with any kind of obstruction. The balcony as well as the rooms are smaller than other Princess ships. I believe it's 179 sq ft including balcony vs 234 sq ft on non Sun class ships.

As others have said, the balconies on the Sea Princess are cut out from the hull, different from the Grand Class ships. This means that the balconies are fully enclosed, with a cut out area open to the sea. The balcony cabins on the Caribe deck have a slightly smaller cut out than those on Baja or Aloha decks. The balconies are all the same size but the opening on the Caribe deck balconies is a little smaller, perhaps resulting in a slightly restricted view from those balconies.

The balcony cabins on Sea Princess are 178 sq feet (give or take a foot:)) including balcony which is really quite small. The balconies are very narrow too, but are completely private.

Glenda

Wow! Thanks for all of the great tips. I have been scrutinzing the Celebrity deck plan map, because of hearing these balconies are smaller, those are bigger, etc. Its nice to know that what I see is what I'll get on Princess!

The Caribe Deck balcony cut outs are significantly smaller and view restrictive...I refer to them as a “balcony port holes. “ Had one of those cabins once, never again. We now book on Baja or Aloha deck on the Sun class (our favorite ships)

Judith

I've sailed on the Sun Princess and Sea Princess, sister ships and have enjoyed every balcony cabin we've had, regardless of deck.

The outline you see above the BF cabins is the bridge, two decks up, so not an issue.

Archived