Chef's Table

5waldos

No, it was a spun sugar nest and was unbelievable. It was in early February. No Easter Bunny to be seen.

It was very sad -- he never made it out of the galley . . . that night's menu featured Lapin a La Cocette.

Thanks for your honest replies and I totaly agree so I told my husband we would go to another special dinner. I would try all of it but him no go lol . I think he is relieved and I will wait to go with someone that would appreciate all the work that goes in preparing such a wonderful meal. Happy cruising

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread and have become very interested in the chef's table.

My husband and I are on the Sapphire Princess as I write this to you. We called and got on the CT list the minute we got to our cabin on Sunday. We made the final list and I have all of you to thank for your advice.

Our CT occassion is tonight and it could not come on a better date. Today is our 36th wedding anniversary!

Thanks to all of you...we are really looking forward to this!

Judith

Hi everyone,

I have been following this thread and have become very interested in the chef's table.

My husband and I are on the Sapphire Princess as I write this to you. We called and got on the CT list the minute we got to our cabin on Sunday. We made the final list and I have all of you to thank for your advice.

Our CT occassion is tonight and it could not come on a better date. Today is our 36th wedding anniversary!

Thanks to all of you...we are really looking forward to this!

Judith

Happy Anniversary, and I hope you enjoy the Chef's Table as much as we all did. Do come back and tell us all about it and about the cruise; meanwhile, happy sailing!

Hi everyone,....Our CT occassion is tonight and it could not come on a better date. Today is our 36th wedding anniversary! Judith

Judith,

Congrats on your many years together and making the CT list. I've been following this thread too and hope to make it to the CT on our Sept cruise. Another thing we share: next month is our 37th anny :) Looking forward to meeting you on the Sea. Ele

Me too....a chef's table reunion???:D

We actually tried to replicate some of the Chef's Table dinner for my parents and a few friends a couple of time. Complete with Risotto with shrimp (sorry no good lobster in the middle of corn country), and of course some nice midwestern beef. No flambeeing for us anymore (DW used wiskey once instead of brandy and almost burned the house down...) Had the same champagne and a variety of wines. My parents and our friends were very impressed. Down side is that we had to cook all the food as Nilo has yet to take us up on our offer to come here and cook for us at home. I actually just found the red wine from our last Chef's Table the other day, so guess we'll have to try another round of the home Chef's Table shortly......Or maybe I'll just have to book another cruise (Finding Nilo Lola????)

Tim

We actually tried to replicate some of the Chef's Table dinner for my parents and a few friends a couple of time. ..... My parents and our friends were very impressed.

Did you take them on a tour of your kitchen?

Did you take them on a tour of your kitchen?

Well since the kitchen is easily viewable from the dinning room, I guess that counts. Of course, it would be more impressive if we had a staff in there cooking for the neighborhood or something. I was really trying to get them to take the post dinner tour of the kitchen, particularly the dish clean up area.....:D

It was an experience of a lifetime! The quality of the food and the presentation was superb. We feel so lucky to have had this experience. The MD, cheif chef, servers treated us like royalty!

We had a great group of people, 6 couples. They are doing one more CT on the cruise.

What I want to let everyone know is that everyone at the table called on embarkation day between 11:30 - 12:30 to get on the list. Call as early as you can.

It will be a few years before we do it again but the memory of this is a treasure.

We also got an invitation to the captains lunch for the passengers with the most traveled days. This is our 2nd time for this and it is also a spectacular occassion much like the CT. Have any of you done that?

Ele...so nice to hear from you!

Judith

Archived