Can I change staterooms....

Hello I wanted to ask a quick question. I'll be on the Explorer this Aug and I already booked us a room on the right side of the ship. I was wondering if it's possible for me to switch our room now that I realized I booked us on the wrong side of the ship and if so can I get that room for the same price I booked it at since the price has went up drastically now?

I plan on calling RC tomorrow about this but I wanted to see what anyone could tell me now.

Thanks in advance.

Hello I wanted to ask a quick question. I'll be on the Explorer this Aug and I already booked us a room on the right side of the ship. I was wondering if it's possible for me to switch our room now that I realized I booked us on the wrong side of the ship and if so can I get that room for the same price I booked it at since the price has went up drastically now?

I plan on calling RC tomorrow about this but I wanted to see what anyone could tell me now.

Thanks in advance.

Will be no problem so long as you stay in the same category.

you can always change your stateroom as long as it's in the same category. I've changed mine 3 times. You can go to booking and see if there are any available rooms in the same category that you bought then call RCI with the room no.

There is no "right or wrong" side....you'll have wonderful views from all sides of the ship...and frankly, when we're docked with our cabin away from the port side, I'm happy! I don't like sitting on the balcony while the dock workers and other passengers stare up at me!

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to call RCI now to try to change the room. I'm sorry for the confusion. When I said the "wrong" side I meant for me and my family. My mother specifically told me to book a room that would be facing the dock or inland and I thought I did until I saw a poster's pics (Radio) showing the ship facing the dock with our room facing the ocean instead. I just called my mother and she really does want me to try to get a room facing the dock so that's what I'm going to try to do now.

Thank you again for the help.

My mother specifically told me to book a room that would be facing the dock or inland and I thought I did until I saw a poster's pics (Radio) showing the ship facing the dock with our room facing the ocean instead. I just called my mother and she really does want me to try to get a room facing the dock so that's what I'm going to try to do now.

Please be aware that just because the Captain docked to starboard once, in no way guarantees he will choose that position next time. Many times I've been on ships that seem to "normally" dock in one direction at a particular port, only to wake up facing in the opposite direction. Situations and conditions change, and the Captain's preference or decision may well change as well.

Not trying to discourage you from getting the view your mom wants, but it's really a bit out of your control. Good luck!:cool:

Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to call RCI now to try to change the room. I'm sorry for the confusion. When I said the "wrong" side I meant for me and my family. My mother specifically told me to book a room that would be facing the dock or inland and I thought I did until I saw a poster's pics (Radio) showing the ship facing the dock with our room facing the ocean instead. I just called my mother and she really does want me to try to get a room facing the dock so that's what I'm going to try to do now.

The ship does not always dock in the same direction.

The ship won´t dock the same way all the time, I don´t want to discourage you from changing your room, but be prepared whith whatever side you might end up, it still might not face the dock.

Yes, when I called RCI they told me the same thing, that the ship doesn't always dock the same way. I'm thinking we may switch our room to the other side anyway to be closer to our other family members. We will see.

Thank You!

Yes, when I called RCI they told me the same thing, that the ship doesn't always dock the same way. I'm thinking we may switch our room to the other side anyway to be closer to our other family members. We will see.

Thank You!

Good luck. Just as an FYI there really is no bad side in Bermuda. When we sailed on Explorer she was docked the opposite way. No way to tell until you get there!

I booked a week ago and have already changed my cabins 3 times LOL. :D 3x must be a charm! I was able to grab one of the elusive corner afts, 7388!!!

Now just hoping for some price drops.....

~Connie

Wow that's good. I saw an aft available awhile ago but we didn't want to be too far from the elevator so we didn't book it.

Archived