Most Traveled Passengers Luncheon

asctony

Checked the patters from the Island Princess Hawaii cruise. They are asking for passengers with over 200 seadays to check in with the CC Host. On our Alaska cruise last September it was 150.

Well, I guess that lets me out for now that is. I have 61s day- LONG way to go. Oh well.:D :D

Marilyn

What would say would be the LEAST number of cruises or sea days to qualify? I understand it varies each cruise, but just wanting a generalization.

Here is our experience so you can get a general idea that there is not set number of cruises, number of sea days, or what you will be invited to. It all depends on the "traveled passengers" aboard, the Circle Hostess's plans around ultimately the Captain's choice.We have also been told it's the most sea days. Told on the Dawn, 7 day cruise, 2 sea days, that it was a cocktail party because of the limited number of sea days.

We were first invited on the Dawn with 101 days on our 11th cruise to a cocktail party. It was a b2b and for the 12th 108 days also invited to a cocktail party plus tour of the bridge.

On the Star, 13th, 115 days a wonderful luncheon. We enjoyed sitting with the Food/Beverage Officer and learned a great deal about that end of the ship's operation. Still on the Star, 14th, 127 days no invitation.

On the Dawn, 15th, 139 day no invitation (Thanksgiving cruise).

On the Grand, 16th and first Elite, 139 days no invitation (Christmas cruise).

On the Diamond, 17th cruise, 159 sea days another wonderful luncheon with cocktails preceeding it. This was a very talkative Captain and he really mingled. We sat with the Chief Technical Engineer and that was extremely interesting hearing all of what he does. Following was a private galley tour while they were working in the galley - sure beat the "cattle drive" tours.

We found that there was more interaction with the Captain and First Officers during the 2 luncheons than the 2 Cocktail Parties. For those that have not been to one of the cocktail parties I will tell you they are nothing like the Captain's Circle Party every past cruiser is invited to. The drinks are special and the "spread" they served easily could substitue for a dinner.

We like the personalized menus and place cards we receive at the luncheons and save them along with our photos. The photos taken at these functions in addition to them being free and with the Captain are some of the best we've had taken on the ships. The last time they took 2 not liking the first and we were given both. We couldn't tell what was wrong with either of them.

For those that haven't yet had an invitation just keep booking those cruises and you will find one day that special invitation does show up. I can't imagine anyone booking a cruise just to be invited but think cruises that attract more first time cruisers, 7 days and Caribbean or Mexican Riviera - not at Christmas/ New Years or Thanksgiving, increase your chances. Longer, exotic, or cruises that are b2b have different itineraries attract more "most travelled passengers" so there is a decreased chance for an invitation.

My first invite was at 75 days on a Caribbean cruise.

I hate to let this out of the bag buuuut, see the Hostess and let her know you would accept a last minute invite. Sometimes the invite list has a cancellation and she will attempt to fill all tables. It worked for me.

I was invited to the cocktail party (Nov 03) and the lunch Dec 04). Both were equally nice, with the cocktail party being much more social mix and mingle. The reason for the cocktail party was due to the port intensive itinerary we were on not many days for a lunch if everyone is in port.

The lunch fell on New Years Eve being a formal night and previous reservation for Sabatini's so it was too much food for one day. The captain came and took the picture but did not stay for the lunch. We sat with the Senior First Officer Marcello and he was a great table companion.

I too thought it was how many days not how many cruises.

"Captains Cocktail Party for all passengers.

Captains Circle Cocktail Party for all Captain Circle members (usually 50-75% of all passengers are eligible)

Captains Luncheon/Cocktail Party for Captains Circle members with the most cruises.

Captains private cocktail party for Officers and their guests.."

At first I was getting confused as to what party everyone was talking about as we got invited to the CC Cocktail Party on our second Princess cruise (where you get a photo with the captain and then very watered down drinks are served, and then the top three cruisers as to number of cruises were given prizes). So I guess you folks aren't talking about the one for all CC members then.

We've been invited to both, luncheon and cocktail party. Either one is fine with us; we're just pleased to receive the invitation. On one hand, the food is exceptional at the luncheon but we were confined to talking only with the passengers placed at our table. On the other hand, we learned so much from various senior officers about the ship, cruising, whatever while mingling with them during the cocktail party. In fact, there were so many rumors "afloat" (pun intended...) among passengers on our recent cruise that we ended up getting the straight story from the very friendly and willing-to-explain officer we chatted with at the cocktail party.

We're Elite members with 250-ish days, 23 cruises. Years ago, Capt's Circle awards were given based on number of cruises. But like was pointed out above, that was unfair to those who took many short cruises vs. those who took some really long ones. So they changed it to total days. I have come in second with only 120 days, and even with 250 days, been miles behind on others. In fact, also on our recent cruise (last month), there was a woman (retired TA) who had 94 (yes, 94!!!) cruises. I told the CCH that I thought she should not be considered along with us regular folk. Give her a recognition or something, but we though it was unfair to count all of her TA cruises. It's like comparing apples and oranges. ...just our opinion...

And just for the record, even if she had NOT been awarded first place for number of days, my 250 days only would have moved me up to fourth place. So my opinion is not based on not receiving top three.

Also in the past, the top three received more than a bottle of champagne. My parents are long-time cruisers and have won at various times. They have many commemorative plaques, display plates with the ship painted on it, etc. as their "prize".

CFL, let us know how many days the top three are, ok? Just for curiosity.

Everyone, like has been previously stated, ya just never know! Some cruises attract a lot of first-timers, so chances are better. Some attract lots of passengers with huge numbers of days.

And has been said also above, I came in second with 127 days (now have 250) and haven't come close since, except for this past cruise when the TA with 94 cruises took first place and third place was ~260. That's the closest I've come since the second place with 127.

I am not sure why you would not want a TA to count their days. They pay for the cruise (although at a discount), take days away from their job and that is all we do. By the way, I am not a TA or in the travel business. We have a TA on the East coast named Maria that has well over a 100 cruises. She has taken her name out of the running as she has been tops so many times she is feeding her animals from the plates. She is known by all Waiters as she brings photos back to them. They love that.

ERSecurity: I think the TA you refer to has the right idea. It just seemed like this 94-cruise retired TA sure was eager to get that on-stage recognition. She told a lot of passengers everywhere throughout the cruise of her 94.

In my opinion, she and other TAs should be gracious and not include themselves in the running for most traveled. Yes, they pay their fare (although reduced), but it just seems like "apples and oranges", esp with this recent 94-cruiser.

Thanks to you on the cruise who have posted! Greatly appreciated. Please tell us more about the Captain's Cocktail Party for the most traveled cruisers.
Where is the place that it was held?
What did they provide to eat?
Did they take photos?
If photos were taken, did they give you a free copy?
Who is the Maitre-d?
Thanks again! Happy Cruising!!

On our last 3 cruises we were invited to the Captain's lunch for most number of cruises. The first time we had only 110 days with Princess. The only time we've been invited to a special cocktail party hosted by the Captain was when we were in a minisuite on the Royal Princess. Of course there are the Captain's Circle cocktail parties which I don't rush to go to because there are so many people attending them now and the lines are usually long to get in.

I enjoy the special lunch because I get to meet other ship's officers and have learned quite a few interesting things from them. The Chief Purser, who we sat with on our last cruise, was very helpful regarding our return flight and really tried to help us out. He gave us some good pointers about other things too. Twice we were at the Staff Captain's table. The Captain was always there except once on the Grand he had to leave to attend to business. Also, we get to eat dishes that aren't served on the regular menus.

Our CC party had the usual upscale canapes and some prosciutto wrapped breadstick which I passed on because I couldn't figure out a way to eat them without looking like a pig.
They did take pictures (like they've done during the luncheons) but I haven't seen them yet.They were free then and I hope they don't expect us to pay for them.

I was surprised they didn't mention the most cruised of the # of days.If they gave away a prize for youngest Elite passenger,my wife would win it everytime...hands down!

CD Dan said we could take the ice sculpture for our prize if we wanted it.

[quote name='asctony']Thanks to you on the cruise who have posted! Greatly appreciated. Please tell us more about the Captain's Cocktail Party for the most traveled cruisers.
Where is the place that it was held?
What did they provide to eat?
Did they take photos?
If photos were taken, did they give you a free copy?
Who is the Maitre-d?
Thanks again! Happy Cruising!![/QUOTE]
On the Dawn Princess it was held in a special suite of rooms that are not part of the passenger area of the ship.
All sorts of canopes very fancy and tons of them. You could have made a nice meal out of the spread - of which very little was eaten. It was held early afternoon after lunch and most people weren't very hungry.
Yes, a photo was taken with us and the Captain and we were given a free copy. It was given to us after we left the party delivered to our room.
Sorry, can't remember who the Maitre d was.

I also went to 2 on the Dawn Princess - I believe they called the room the "Ward Room" (could be wrong). I was also told it was near the Captain's Quarters - he uses the room for gatherings with the officers, etc. . Here are pictures (scroll down half way):

[URL=http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/alaska2004/PhotoAlbum47.html]dawn princess[/URL]

Our gathering was right at dinner time and one time it was right when the ship was leaving. There were tons of food and most was probably thrown away. Ironically - I went 2x during my 2 weeks onboard the Dawn and there were different items to eat from the first to the second week.

I've already posted above how the most recent most-traveled parties were on the Sun last month; won't repeat here. But I've been told by a CCH that it really is up to the capt on what type of event is held, and where.

We've been included in luncheons and cocktail parties, and much like the Vista Lounge Capt Circle party, one never knows how many days qualify a passenger for these private parties. A photo with the capt is complimentary.

And I will say that the only other thing we got was a bouquet of flowers. The capt realized that it was our anniversary that day, grabbed one of the floral bouquets made for the party, gave it to me, winked at my husband....both of whom then said "it's not every day [i]'I arrange'[/i] a private party with the capt for our anniversary!"" :-)

Years ago, we were invited to a private cocktail party in the officers' quarters. This was back in the Sitmar Cruises days (pre-Princess merger) and long before there were the most-traveled passenger cocktail parties or luncheons. This event was for several TAs, about 15 people. How we were included is unknown, but it was extremely nice and interesting to see behind closed doors of the officers' area.

[quote name='patti o']But I've been told by a CCH that it really is up to the capt on what type of event is held, and where. [/QUOTE]

I was also told that by the CCH on the Dawn Princess. Her name was Diane and she was the best CCH that I have met.

I've been to several of the parties and it sure is dependent on the cruise you're on. On the Sun to Alaska in 2003 I was on a B2B and was #3 the 1st week and #2 the 2nd week. We had a very nice brunch and I sat with the Captain the 2nd week, these were only #12 & 13 with Princess. Next B2B on the Dawn was a cocktail party in the Wardroom as Coral states. Very nice spread of food, on these trips I was about #10.

Last cruise was on the Sapphire to Mexico, my first with Elite status, and I wasn't anywhere close to an invite. I was told that there were 135+ Elite members ahead of me! Sure is luck of the draw.

I have another B2B on the Sun booked in May and hope I can get back in the top group, the private functions are sure nice to attend.

[QUOTE=Cruisin'Chris]I believe the invitation is based on days sailed. Our Captain's Circle hostess showed me the list which had names and days sailed right next to the names. I don't think it matters whether you're platinum or elite. (It is not beyond the realm of possiblity that a platinum member may have sailed more days than an elite member).[/QUOTE]

And then there's instant platinum lately for anyone who books a suite. It's true. First time ever cruisers with a Princess platinum card.

Archived