I know all of us love Carnival, but if you...

Tapi

I absolutely would. I dont believe in loyalty to any cruise line. The whole loyalty to a cruise line thing has always been just a bit absurd to me. I'm well over Platinum on Carnival but so what?? Gerry Cahill wouldnt spit on me if I was on fire. Variety is the spice of life.

Same price, or twice the price, I will be sailing Allure next summer. I'm a fan of mega ships and a bigger fan of innovation and creativity (something Carnival has been sorely LACKING these past few years) so Oasis and Allure are extremely appealing to me.

i am not brand loyal to any brand. cruise companys, car companys or any other company you can think of. the first thing in my mind when spending money is me, not the corporation i may or may not have chosen. i cruise carnival for the price. period. if RCCL had consistently lower prices than carnival, i would cruise RCCL. but they don't. its me and my money first and i could really give a flat dime how that affects this or that corporation. carnival nor RCCL love me and i dont love them, or any other coorporation for that matter.

OP - yes, if the price was lower to cruise oasis, i'd book it with no hesitation.

I'd go for one reason only...The Hairspray themed cruise where they perform the Broadway show Hairspray onboard. Other than that, I have no interest in sailing with so many others, no matter what the price is. My family loves musical theatre, so the Hairspray themed cruise sounded great, but when I priced it was over $5000 for a family of 4 in two inside rooms!!

Only if the ship was sailing at half the passenger capacity.

That's right. Can you imagine pulling into Grand Cayman and 5,000 wanting a tender at the same time:eek::eek:. It's tough enough with 3,000 pax.

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

Of course OOS, it's a brand new ship and the biggest ever!!! If the prices were the same I'd go see what all the raving is about, but there's no way I'm going to spend all my vacation dollars on a overpriced mall either.

I'll stick with Carnival while their rates are good, unless they get much more restrictive.

Cheers, Carole

I've been dying to try the Oasis since it was previewed on one of my cruises with RCCL.

I'm not going to lie though. So far RCL is my favorite line that I've been on. Granted I've only been on one Carnival cruise. It was wonderful, but there were a lot of unsupervised children and things of that nature. BUT I'm going on another Carnival cruise in October so I'm keeping my mind open that this one will be a wonderful trip.

If worms had machine guns the birds wouldn't eat them, if the Oasis was the same price as Carnival I would give them a shot. Regarding the loyalty thing, I'm loyal to Carnival because I've experienced their product and I've been nothing but pleased with the value. With that in mind, when I hear people looking down their pious noses at me for riding with Carnival, it does make me want to defend the boats that I've had such great times on! Especially when it comes from NCL people with their Freestyle cruises--Freestyle is french for, "there's an extra fee for that"!

I have no regrets on the money I spent for my Oasis cruise last February. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was a fantastic experience. We are planning on doing Allure in the fall of 2011. It isn't necessarily the way I want to cruise every time, but RCCL really pulled out all the stops. It is a beautiful ship with a very impressive design (and yes that includes passenger flow :rolleyes:).

If I could get a rate comparable to the solo 1A rate I get on Carnival, I'd definitely be willing to try some other cruiselines. My favorite line is Princess but I just can't justify paying the additional price. Whenever I'm looking at cruises I always price shop and Carnival always has the best price for me. Then again, there are some lines I'd be hesitant to try no matter what the price, just because I don't think they're a good match for me.

Not me. I didn't even care for the Carnival Dream. I'll sail on the Dream or the Magic or Breeze if the itinerary and price interests me, but even at just 20,000 more tons they are bigger than I like. The Oasis is not just too big for me, I don't care for the more inward focus of the public areas.

The Conquest class ship is just the right size for me and I'm glad they will be around for a long time.

I totally agree!! We saw the Oasis of the Seas in St Maarten and the outside was not impressive so it must be the inside that is all that! ! I will stick with Carnival.

The policies and attitude of Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines made me angry in 1985. I vowed then to never spend one red cent with that bunch. I see nothing in the huge ship to change my mind.

Doc

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

Sorry, I don't have a favorite. I have enjoyed every cruise we have been on. I do not understand being exclusive to one cruiseline unless it is for discounts because you are frequent cruisers. I liked our Carnival cruise in April and as you can see we are sailing in November on the Spirit. I expect an excellent vacation. I look for good deals with good value. We sail off season...as do others. We have an E.S. balcony, 8 day cruise for $539.00. It's a great deal. If RCCL can match that, I would sail with them.

If not, tough luck. I doubt that they will match it or even come close.

We sail off season...as do others. We have an E.S. balcony, 8 day cruise for $539.00. It's a great deal. If RCCL can match that, I would sail with them.

If not, tough luck. I doubt that they will match it or even come close.

Wow!! :eek: That's an awesome deal! I can't wait until we're able to cruise off season!

That's right. Can you imagine pulling into Grand Cayman and 5,000 wanting a tender at the same time:eek::eek:. It's tough enough with 3,000 pax.

Well, since Oasis doesn't do tender ports that won't be a problem will it? They only go into ports they can dock at precisely for that reason. In fact, they dredged Nassau Harbor for Oasis and built the pier at Labadee.

Duh!

:rolleyes:

Archived