Live and very upset from the Rhapsody

I have to report what our experience has been like the last two days. We purchased a suite and can't even open the door to the balcony. Something smells so bad from the ship you can use your balcony. If I wanted a cabin with a window I would have paid for an outside cabin. I am so mad we spent all this money and can't use the balcony. The purser's desk said they can't do anything and a formal complaint has been opened. They said it may not be fixed during our stay.

I have to report what our experience has been like the last two days. We purchased a suite and can't even open the door to the balcony. Something smells so bad from the ship you can use your balcony. If I wanted a cabin with a window I would have paid for an outside cabin. I am so mad we spent all this money and can't use the balcony. The purser's desk said they can't do anything and a formal complaint has been opened. They said it may not be fixed during our stay.

sorry you are experiencing this.. hope everything else picks up and enjoy the cruise

i am so sorry this has happened. i don't feel you are out of line in requesting a credit for days you do not have use of your full stateroom. if they are unable to move you, they should be able to work out some credit.

t

I was on the Rhapsody a few weeks ago from Sydney to Honolulu. The smell was getting stronger towards the end of the cruise. It was very noticeable, especially in the Centrum. Thank goodness it was not down in the Cabin areas!!:eek:

There was also issues with the airconditioning as well. The theatre was so hot for 2 or 3 days.

I hope they get the issue fixed ASAP.

They won't really say what the smell is. Something about the new "green technology". It's broken and they are trying to figure out what is wrong.

I hate to hear this and I hope they get it fixed for you. On a side note, has anyone ever seen any green tech that actually worked? Just a thought.

I hate to hear this and I hope they get it fixed for you. On a side note, has anyone ever seen any green tech that actually worked? Just a thought.

I'm sorry to hear about the OP's predicament, it would be so mad if that happened to me!

Green technologies that work. Yes, here are four I know about from personal experience: solar panels, solar water heater, heat pump, and composting.

On the other hand, friends who live far away from a city sewer have installed their own green sewer plant under ground (with a small pipe for venting to the outside) and that smells pretty bad at time if you're near the vent. I don't think the technology is quite there yet.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune! The GSM and Hotel Director would have been the persons to contact, and you can still write to Miami, and they can check with the ship, and be able to give you a credit......if there was a problem.

We, too have experienced problems on a couple of ships........and have alway been compensated......when they acknowledge that there is a problem in your cabin/suite.;)

Rick

There has to be more than just one cabin experiencing this. I would knock on my neighbor's cabins and find out if they are affected as well. If so, get them to file a complaint as well. If more cabins complain, something more definite may be done during the voyage.

Sorry this is happening.

MARAPRINCE

Archived