Waht can we expect from the M&M?

Okay, we've got 44 registered for our M&M in a couple of weeks, which I think is a great number.

What can we expect? Are any of the ship's officers there, do we get food/drink, length of M&M?

Thanks for any input.

They vary enormously. We have had the Captain attend (a TA cruise with over 100 CC members), sometimes the Cruise Director, or more often than not, just the officer who looks after the C&A or future bookings. Refreshments can be anything from wine and rum punch to tasteless 'fruit punch'. Sometimes coffee, juice and donuts, sometimes fancy canapes. It all depends on the individual staff I think.

A lot will depend on the crew and who is organising it. Have been to two with very different atmospheres. Canapes provided at both. Raffle prizes at both though on Jewel they were actually really really good prizes and quite a few! We had had a very lively roll call which helped and we had organised a gift exchange too. We had group pics taken of the roll call. I guess it lasts about an hour. As I said it all depends if you're prepared to party or not. There were RCCL souvenirs for everyone..... notepads on lanyards.

Our LOS M&M last year was very nice. The hotel manager made a brief visit but the staff really did a great job. They had coffee, soft drinks, and light snacks along with a raffle. I think 5-6 things were given away. (Bags and hats). There's pictures and a couple of videos of the M&M at the link below.

Thanks!

NorbertsNiece, how did you handle the gift exchange? That sounds like a neat idea, but I don't want to get into a lot expense. We have a pretty good roll call and have an informal meet planned, too.

We will be on the Serenade if anyone has experience with its M&M.

Our M&M on the Mariner last summer was great. We had good canapes and soft drinks and RCI provided prizes for a raffle and we all got the notepads on lanyards. We also organized a gift exchange and a cabin crawl. It was great and part of what made it so great was after that, we had people to say hi to and chat with whenever we saw each other on board.

For our gift exchange, we just asked anyone that wanted to be part of it to bring a gift that represented their hometown or state. I think we said to not go over 15 or 20 dollars. I think we had the first person to arrive for the M&M pick first and then we just went from there.

The cabin crawl was super fun. We listed our cabin numbers and types and one of our M&M members organized it so we saw one of every type of cabin- even the second largest suite (So nice). We did a poker run during the cabin crawl. Each person (who wanted to play) put in 20 and at each cabin you get one card. At the end of the cabin crawl, the person with the best hand won the pot. (That was us! Of course, we won- we are from Vegas, baby!)

Thanks!

NorbertsNiece, how did you handle the gift exchange? That sounds like a neat idea, but I don't want to get into a lot expense. We have a pretty good roll call and have an informal meet planned, too.

We will be on the Serenade if anyone has experience with its M&M.

Hi,

We set a $10 limit. Had to be something from your home town. We placed them on a counter and then took turns to pick one up. I have some lovely coasters from last year.

We also had an unofficial meet before sailaway in the schooner bar. As it happens Chops and Portofinos had a food sampling at the same time in the same area...... almost as many turned up for that as for the official one!

Archived