Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

[quote name='Gold Coast Cruisers'][SIZE=3]I was wondering if anyone had elected to disembark in Southampton to stay a couple of days in the UK and fly to Dublin to rejoin the ship there....:eek:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jillybean[/SIZE][/quote]

guess they will have the added bonus of a few extra days in dublin and a nice flight over to the us lol

blog alert!!! blog alert!!!

sitting infront of the tv while watching the climax to a thriller and googling dawn princess world cruise .... well doesn't everyone....

I found another blog that has slipped under the radar ....

[url]http://simpsonsrtwtrip.blogspot.com/[/url]

and can you believe he talks about people getting off and meeting the boat in dublin eeeek!!!!!

joanne

just read a couple of emails from my friends on board... I think people are unhappy with the lack on communication... by the sounds of it the captain didn't tell them any reasons till later in the day ... so no one could understand what went wrong

[quote name='Kiwi Kruzer'][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue]

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/cam%20shots%202/16dublin4.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Hi All I have friends on this cruise just wondered what Site you use to track Dawn Princess???

Many Thanks

[B]16/7/2010 - Call at Dublin CANCELLED! [/B]

Got up this morning and noticed that the ship had made a U-turn in the harbour, a little while later it was announced that the call to Dublin is being aborted for "Safety" reasons due to high winds.

So we're looking down the barrel of a week at sea! People are really annoyed - especially some people who were supposed to get off in Dublin (British Health inspectors, people who had weddings to attend in Dublin, etc).

It's hard to argue with safety as a reason - I suppose at least I've had the chance to catchup on the blog today!

Ireland looked like a nice place - at least in the binoculars!

In 7 days we'll be in Boston, USA

Captain had done a “snow job” on us. Once again, it was the old story of a lack of communication by the Captain. Tonight, one of the staff told us that in Dublin there is just a window of opportunity for docking when the tide is just right. Because of the wind, we lost this window of opportunity this morning. What a pity the Captain did not explain this to us at the outset.

[quote name='packetau']blog alert!!! blog alert!!!

sitting infront of the tv while watching the climax to a thriller and googling dawn princess world cruise .... well doesn't everyone....

I found another blog that has slipped under the radar ....

[URL]http://simpsonsrtwtrip.blogspot.com/[/URL]

and can you believe he talks about people getting off and meeting the boat in dublin eeeek!!!!!

joanne[/quote] SUPER find - thanks Jo - how nice would it be to do this trip in a suite!!!

At least they can have Beatles concerts 24/7 for the next week with the band still on board, they were supposed to get off in Dublin. Friend of mine on board, John, was supposed to meet his long lost daughter who lives in Dublin, yes many unhappy cruisers. At the end of the day, Captain's call. Not the end of the world, still plenty of places to see.

[quote name='NSWP']At least they can have Beatles concerts 24/7 for the next week with the band still on board, they were supposed to get off in Dublin. Friend of mine on board, John, was supposed to meet his long lost daughter who lives in Dublin, yes many unhappy cruisers. At the end of the day, Captain's call. Not the end of the world, still plenty of places to see.[/quote]

All the more reason to go back. That is very sad for your friend, how long since he has seen his daughter? I hope they can get the opportunity to catch up in the future.

[SIZE=3]From comments we've received and read from the passengers on board, the Captain is not popular, he lacks in communication and is not 'people person'.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The previous Captain had great communication skills and generally was more 'out there' to his passengers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]A lot of unhappy people on board. If the communication had been better they probably would have accepted the outcome with more understand than they have.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Don't blame them for being angry and upset, even though, apparently it was safety as the reason for the turn around.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]They'll never know.:rolleyes:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Jillybean[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gold Coast Cruisers'][SIZE=3]From comments we've received and read from the passengers on board, the Captain is not popular, he lacks in communication and is not 'people person'.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The previous Captain had great communication skills and generally was more 'out there' to his passengers.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]A lot of unhappy people on board. If the communication had been better they probably would have accepted the outcome with more understand than they have.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Don't blame them for being angry and upset, even though, apparently it was safety as the reason for the turn around.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]They'll never know.:rolleyes:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jillybean[/SIZE][/quote]

Communication is the key, it is how you tell people and keep people informed. There is nothing worse than being kept in the dark. Yes you do have to feel for these people, a lot of planning has gone into the cruise and money.

I wonder how the passengers who were to reboard in Dublin will get on with travel insurance?

Re shorex in Dublin, those who booked ship's tours have no problem, no charge.
HOWEVER, those who booked and prepaid for private tours might have a problem getting there money back. I don't think travel insurance will pay up.

Australian Family, been 5 years since my old workmate on board, John L saw his daughter, as I said he was going to meet her in Dublin.

Just looking quickly at some of the blogs and it seems that people are changing dining table arrangements.

I guess being on a world cruise would be a long time to put up with some people at your dining table. And it would make it difficult for good conversation, laughs and general happiness. Would be nothing worse than having to eat your meal in a hurry to get away from fellow diners.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]I wonder how the people who left in Southampton to go touring and/or visit friends and then planned on joining the ship again in Dublin will get on?
They will be faced with an extra weeks accomodation,plus a Trans Atlantic flight to Boston, and most of their gear will still be on the ship:eek:

That will be a tricky insurance claim:mad:

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Australian family']Just looking quickly at some of the blogs and it seems that people are changing dining table arrangements.

I guess being on a world cruise would be a long time to put up with some people at your dining table. And it would make it difficult for good conversation, laughs and general happiness. Would be nothing worse than having to eat your meal in a hurry to get away from fellow diners.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Thats quite usual on a WC Jilly. We have only been on segments of a WC, but everyone seems to have a shuffle around at the end of each sector.

If you found yourself at a table that was not suitable, a word to the Maitre de or Head Waiter will solve any problems.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Australian family']
So we're looking down the barrel of a week at sea! People are really annoyed - especially some people who were supposed to get off in Dublin (British Health inspectors).

[/quote]

I would have presumed that someone like that would have gotten off with the pilot... if you remember yesterday just before she turned around the ship tracker showed the pilot right up against the dawn princess...

joanne

[quote name='NSWP']Re shorex in Dublin, those who booked ship's tours have no problem, no charge.
HOWEVER, those who booked and prepaid for private tours might have a problem getting there money back. I don't think travel insurance will pay up.

[/QUOTE]

I would have thought so. Is that in the fine print somewhere?

[quote name='NSWP']Re shorex in Dublin, those who booked ship's tours have no problem, no charge.

Australian Family, been 5 years since my old workmate on board, John L saw his daughter, as I said he was going to meet her in Dublin.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MMDown Under']I would have thought so. Is that in the fine print somewhere?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Thats why if you book a private shore tour,
only book one that you [B]pay for on the day.[/B]
If they want pre payment,look around for someone else.

The ones having the hassle will be those who left in Southampton on their own, planning to rejoin in Dublin.
Princess wont owe them anything, and I dont think they would even contemplate a refund.
It will be up to how their own Travel Insurance Company will view the claim.
Technically the ship called there, it is not Princess's fault they could not dock.
The tour they took away from the ship will be at their own risk.

At any rate they will still have to pay for a weeks hotel and a flight to Boston out of their own pockets and then make the claim when they get home.
I trust they have plenty of credit on their cards.
Short notice flights are not cheap:eek:

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I know of pax who have lost money on prepaid private tours, i.e. when we missed Raratonga in the Cook Islands on Regal Princess, September 2007. More than a few 'fly by night tour operators' around, now you see them now you don't.

Call me a dinosaur but we do ship's tours or take local public transport, I would never pay a for a private tour upfront. No doubt Dawn Princess is buzzing with hard luck stories at the moment.

[quote name='NSWP']I know of pax who have lost money on prepaid private tours, i.e. when we missed Raratonga in the Cook Islands on Regal Princess, September 2007. More than a few 'fly by night tour operators' around, now you see them now you don't.
Call me a dinosaur but we do ship's tours or take local public transport, I would never pay a for a private tour upfront. No doubt Dawn Princess is buzzing with hard luck stories at the moment.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Depends on the port Les.
When we did the Baltic cruise we used Red October
for private tours on the both days our ship was in St Petersburg.
They did not want a deposit and you paid in
[I]crisp clean brand new [/I]US dollars at the completion of the second day.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kiwi Kruzer'][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Depends on the port Les.
When we did the Baltic cruise we used Red October
for private tours on the both days our ship was in St Petersburg.
They did not want a deposit and you paid in
[I]crisp clean brand new [/I]US dollars at the completion of the second day.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
David, no worries, sure I would take that, pay in notes at the end or during a private shorex with a fair dinkum tour operator.

Archived