NEW Falmouth, Jamaica Cruise Port

Thanks for posting, Radio!!!

I also wanted to let you know how much I love your Live posts. I've bookmarked your site, and I've been working my way through reading them all. :D

Wow ! Thanks. . . It will take a long time to read ALL of those "LIVE" posts. . .

The older ones ("LIVE" Posts) do not have any pics. . . (The Club Photo Server I was using went out of business):o

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

What a pathetic post:rolleyes: If you dislike Jamaica so much why did you even bother reading this thread?

He is welcome to his opinion. So are you. I really don't care for Jamaica either but have been to worse....

We got to see the port two years ago as our guide was eager to show us where it will be. Rows of old ware houses that were very old. Falmouth is not much, but at least it is not hunkered down in the middle of Mo Bay. Should be a good option for RCI to get out of the crowded and congested areas in the other ports. I wish them well with this new port.

we have vacation at Falmouth a few times, I love that area more than Negril and Ochio Rio. It is great that the ship will dock there, will bring lots of job for the locale. Unfortunately, it will also destroy the natural of the Luminious Lagoon.

Martha Brae is nearby and it is a great excursion. Unfortunately, lots of cruiser won't be able to tour Luminous Lagoon, because you can only see the wonder at night and I don't think most ship would dock there late at night.

Thanks for the update on Falmouth. I was looking at cruises for July 2011 and kept seeing this port, but knew nothing about it. I hope it will be as nice as the pictures... A little leary going to Jamaica again, but this looks really nice. (we stopped at Ocho Rios once, and we were constantly stopped by locals to buy drugs walking from the ship to Margaritaville)

I can't wait to read the posts of those first cruisers who stop there.

I don't see why you think the phospherescent creatures would be destroyed or move somewhere else just because the ships are docked down the way??? It's not right in the same bay as Glistening Waters. It looks like over 1.5 km or so away from where the port is going in.

Thanks for posting the artist drawings. Everyone needs to remember that RCI is the one putting up the money for this port area. I think it will be a gated port area that way they can keep the people they dont want out. It still could be bad once you get outside of the port area.

Here are a few more renderings of the project.

It appears that passengers will be able to visit many local Falmouth Port attractions without leaving the port facility.

I will post more details as they become available. . .

Radio

Foundry Yard Rendering

F6.jpg

Tharp House Rendering

F4.jpg

Historic Falmouth Cruise Port (Appleton Rum Tour Interior Rendering)

F10.jpg

Rum Tour Interior Rendering 2

F11.jpg

Rum Tour Interior Rendering 3

F12.jpg

Rum Tour Aerial Rendering

F9.jpg

Wow! The renderings are certainly impressive. Anyway, I realize that the 27 February sailing of Allure is right on the cusp. I wonder if it will be the firts mega-ship to dock there or, with my luck, Allure will be too early to dock there and we will end up back in Costa Maya. I am really hoping for Falmouth to be ready.

As of now the first scheduled docking of an "Oasis" class ship for Falmouth is the Allure Mach 13th sailing.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the pictures. We have a group of six people cruising January 23, 2011 on the Freedom of the Seas. Falmouth is one of our stops. Two of our friends are new to cruising. I am hoping that the weather, sea, and ports are great so that they want to cruise again. I am also hoping that this is a wonderful port. I have heard a lot of bad reviews on Ocho Rios. So I am excited to stop in this port instead of Ocho Rios. It looks wonderful. You have made me excited to see this new port. Thanks.

Thanks for the photos and drawings! We were in Ocho Rios on the FoS last week and will be in Falmouth with the FoS next April...I'm glad to see this change. Having been to Ocho Rios before, we opted to use the Ocho Rios day last week primarily to relax on the ship. Getting off the boat for an hour to walk around Island Village, we received offers for more substances than we care to admit.

Ocho Rios was our least favorite port on the itinerary by far...even despite our making the mistake of being the first shoppers in the Artisans' Market in Labadee a day earlier (quite an experience.)! :o

We look forward to visiting Falmouth.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the photos and drawings! We were in Ocho Rios on the FoS last week and will be in Falmouth with the FoS next April.........

Ocho Rios was our least favorite port on the itinerary by far...even despite our making the mistake of being the first shoppers in the Artisans' Market in Labadee a day earlier (quite an experience.)! :o

We look forward to visiting Falmouth.

Do elaborate on your Labadee shopping experience (or point me to a link where you may have already explained.)

Which sailing will you be on in April?

Erika

Keep in mind that this project is being done in phases....only the first out of 5 phases are scheduled to be completed in Jan.....so it will be some time before the project is fully completed.

The entire project is supposed to take four or five years to complete.

So are any other cruiselines going to be stopping at Falmouth or only RCI? It looks like its going to be a very beautiful port. I hope its ready for Freedom by May '11. Thanks for posting the great pics and renderings. Good find!

RCCL is helping with the financial aspect but other cruise lines will visit. RCCL ships will have priority docking.

Archived