Board/Swim Shorts for over 50

McDebbie

Have any of you found board or swim shorts that come up over the belly button and are at least mid thigh length? The ones under the belly button just won't do at my age. I want to be able to just throw on a pair and wear then all day like the guys do. I saw in one of my searching posts that one lady just buys the guy's shorts but I am short so when I tried that they hung down to my knees.

I have already searched most of the sites previously mentioned and the shorts are not long enough so I am only looking for sites that you KNOW have them. TIA

It is really difficult to find anything that will go over your bellybutton. Most of them have a low rise. Look for Patagonia, Carve, and Lole brands. Go to backcountry.com; they seem to have some there.

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Carve-Designs-Waikiki-Board-Short-Womens/CRV0093M.html?CMP_SKU=CRV0093&MER=0406&CMP_ID=SH_FRO001&mv_pc=r126&mr:trackingCode=8103F1DA-F061-DF11-9DA0-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA

That's where I buy all my board shorts. They offer them in two rises and three lengths, and I get the Relaxed or Snag-free style in Long (their Reversible style is a low-rise). They won't cover your belly button, but they aren't as low as some of their photos show either. If you email them, they will tell you the rise measurement for the size/style you're considering.

I've tried on a lot of board shorts and I agree that it's very hard to find any that would cover your navel. I've been wearing them for years and the majority are low-rise, with a few that are mid-rise. If you find some men's shorts with a suitable rise, you could always get them hemmed.

Good luck, and if you do find some, let us know!

Not really what I was looking for on any of those sites either, but thanks for posting. I found these on Columbia but am wondering what "authentic" fit means? I wish they would show them on a real person.

http://www.columbia.com/womens-swim-shorts/women-shorts-water,default,sc.html?start=2&sz=1#

I googled columbia & authentic fit...it says authentic fit means it runs true to size;, they also have items with a relaxed fit, which probably means these shorts are more fitted, I agree with you about not showing them on a model, can't tell where they'd hit on your waist.

Archived