Food Question!!!!

ksmommyof4

First cruise comming up June 19th and I havent found the answer to my question on here so here it is lol....Since they are cooking so many orders per night are you still able to order your steak the way you want it??? ie(medium well,well done etc).....and how about the prime rib to be more excat??? Thanks so much

Yes, you can order it any way you want .. how it comes is a different matter. I order filet mignon? MW, which I thought meant no red, it was pretty red, not pink, red inside.

But yes, you will be asked how you want it.

Yes, you can order it any way you want .. how it comes is a different matter. I order filet mignon? MW, which I thought meant no red, it was pretty red, not pink, red inside.

thanks for the quick response I dont do anything other then well done lol....so hopefully when I say that it dont come out black lol

Yes, you can order it any way you want .. how it comes is a different matter. /quote]

Excellent response!

There have been some cruise we have been on when only two choices were given... medium rare or medium well.

Not to say this in a negative way at all. I thought all of my food was wonderful on my last cruise. But when it comes to ordering steak (I like medium), sometimes it doesn't always come out perfect no matter who cooks it. But I will say, my prime rib was perfect and hopefully your steak will be too! ENJOY..........

These cruises are meant to be stress free and make you feel like you dont have a care in the world.....Anything you want, its your way....If you order something and its not right, which it should be, send it back like you would at a normal restaurant. I have been on two prior and never had anything I wasnt happy with.....If you order something, and you dont like it, dont be afraid to order something else....These people truly aim to please your needs!

I do know this. When you get it and it isn't the way you want it, all you have to do is mention that and they will make it right!

Yeah, I have never seen anyone who's food wasnt to there liking even get a comment or look from the server....Just pick it up, sorry you dont like this sir, is there something else you would like?

That being said, do they even do prime rib well done?????:confused:

Wherever I go here in my town and get prime rib I always get it well done theres no pink what so ever and its still dripping in juice lol

I once ordered a flat iron steak Medium. 1st one came Rare. The 2nd one came MW to Welldone. I just ate the MW part (4 bites). Didn't want to wait for a 3rd one.

That being said, most of the time the meat does come the way you ordered it.

I once ordered a flat iron steak Medium. 1st one came Rare. The 2nd one came MW to Welldone. I just ate the MW part (4 bites). Didn't want to wait for a 3rd one.

That being said, most of the time the meat does come the way you ordered it.

I cant eat half of what meat they give you. Its way too much. So, I ate the veggies and was full and ordered a big dessert. It wasnt a big deal.

I usually order something that doesnt come rare or well done. I had the spare ribs twice last week ...mmmmm

I cant eat half of what meat they give you. Its way too much. So, I ate the veggies and was full and ordered a big dessert. It wasnt a big deal.

I usually order something that doesnt come rare or well done. That's what I do, but it doesn't always work out. I had the spare ribs twice last week ...mmmmm

That's good that you ate all your veggies so you could get dessert.:D

I plan on getting the spareribs next week on my cruise.

Wherever I go here in my town and get prime rib I always get it well done theres no pink what so ever and its still dripping in juice lol

Yeah, I'm going to ask for my prime rib well done because from the pictures I've seen of it, it's too rare looking for me. And my husband, he likes his meat cooked into shoe leather, he would gag if they put that red meat in front of him. LOL

Oh well, if I don't like it and can't eat it, I know my son will. He loves steak and doesn't care how well done it's cooked.

thanks for the quick response I dont do anything other then well done lol....so hopefully when I say that it dont come out black lol

In most restaurants you cannot order filet mignon well done.Too thick. I have mine 'butterflied' and medium. Yum yum! ;)

Luv's Crusin'

You are much more likely to have it served well than you are to get it served rare.

There are some cuts that can only be served MR or MW which is why you are only given those choices.

I've pretty much given up on ordering steaks on the cruises. They used to be wonderful (had the best beef on my Elation cruise of any), but the beef on my 1st Miracle cruise (December 2007) was just awful (except for the Beef Wellington, my favorite dish, which they removed shortly after :mad: ).

I kept trying, and while it wasn't as bad as on that cruise, they just tend to be overcooked (I like VERY rare), tasteless, and tough. :(

So, sadly, I now only order beef if the other options just don't appeal to me and I always make sure when I look at the menu that I have a 2nd choice in case it is not what I'm hoping for. And I will ask for that 2nd choice without hesitation. Even the last prime rib I got, which was nice a rare, was tough and tasteless.

Of course, I don't really need all that beef and it's not like I'm going to go hungry. Why waste time ordering something that probably will not be up to my expectations? There are too many other options to spend my lovely time in the dining room being disappointed.

I had given up on ordering and receiving a decent steak on Carnival as well, but the last couple of cruises have proven that something has indeed changed. The steaks, and the prime were EXCELLENT on both of those cruises. Either Carnival has changed vendors for their beef, or they've started buying a better cut? In any case, don't be afraid to order beef now. I'll bet you'll find it to be much much better than it has been in a number of years. :D

"SKY"

Thank you so much for this info. I was wondering the same thing as I like my steak with just a TINY bit of pink, NO red and can never decide wheater to order it Medium or Medium Done or Medium Well. Most restaurants think that medium done and medium well is the same thing so I will just be safe and order it medium well. Thanks again. This was good to know.

I've had several chef's (not cruise chef's)tell me that the only way to order prime rib is medium rare, and the only way to order a london broil is rare. That being said, I never saw london broil, I didn't order the prime rib(which DH told me was fantastic) and given the choices some nights of only having medium rare and medium well, I chose medium rare. My friend who always chooses well done, thought medium well was too overcooked, and very tough. The length of time that you cook a steak effects the flavor of the meat, not only the consistency. But I think I choose underdone than overdone. If you send it back it may come back more done, but you can't get it back less cooked.

yup, pretty much my experience too, you can tell them how you want it cooked, but then what you get is usually not the same lol... The only place on carnival that got my steak right was the steakhouse.. it was really tasty!

I rarely order beef, but when I do I ask for it rare because they tend to serve more towards medium than rare. They don't like to serve rare beef because of possible health issues.

On a Princess cruise, I had to sign a waiver in order to get a medium-rare hamburger for lunch on day. Othewise, all are served medium-well.

This is the same reason you cannot get Ramos Fizzes on board - they won't serve anything that contains raw eggs. A terrible loss - this is the perfect breakfast food, comprising all of the major breakfast food groups: gin, egg, orange juice and milk.

Archived