ugly ship

While I agree with the consensus about the general attractiveness (or lack of it) of the NCL Epic, is an RCI board really the appropriate place for negative comments about a ship belonging to another cruise line?:rolleyes: If you feel so strongly about this matter, wouldn't it be better to go to the NCL board and voice your opinion? I have done so and also raised some questions about other features of the ship, including the "one-way" glass looking out on the hallway from the interior studio cabins. That seems a much more appropriate venue for debating the relative merits of the ship, and in truth, the people on the NCL boards have somewhat mixed opinions on the ship but seem to be more willing to accept and discuss differing opinions than we sometimes see on here.:)

I agree, the NCL Epic looks a bit strange. :rolleyes:

The Grand Princess looks like shopping cart on steroids. However, the interior of the Grand Princess is pretty having been on her in December.

I am more concerned how a ship looks on the inside since I am not the one sitting onshore watching ships come and go.

As far as the Epic is concerned, I will be in my Courtyard Villa "inside" the ugly hat part while we are on the inaugural crossing from Southampton to New York.

I will report back to let you know if the inside is ugly. But I think my view from my bathtub will be pretty nice.

While I agree with the consensus about the general attractiveness (or lack of it) of the NCL Epic, is an RCI board really the appropriate place for negative comments about a ship belonging to another cruise line?:rolleyes: If you feel so strongly about this matter, wouldn't it be better to go to the NCL board and voice your opinion? I have done so and also raised some questions about other features of the ship, including the "one-way" glass looking out on the hallway from the interior studio cabins. That seems a much more appropriate venue for debating the relative merits of the ship, and in truth, the people on the NCL boards have somewhat mixed opinions on the ship but seem to be more willing to accept and discuss differing opinions than we sometimes see on here.:)

I think the main satisfaction of knocking another cruise lines ship is to make ones self feel better about what they are sailing on.To me all of these large vessels look silly in there own way (on the outside)but that doesn't take away from the fun of cruising

:cj

To me all of these large vessels look silly in there own way (on the outside)but that doesn't take away from the fun of cruising

:cj

I agree. I hated the look of the Oasis at first but I am looking forward to one day going on it. Same for the Epic.

I pick by itinerary first so neither are high on my list right now.

I like Epic, it seems cool and it sticks out because of that.

We shouldn't complain :rolleyes:

Yep, I swore to my DW that we would not do the Epic or the Oasis. My thought process is/was that both ships are too big with so much stuff that you can't really enjoy either ship during a 7 day cruise and also enjoy port days.

Thus the TA.:D

I do want to do the Oasis or the Allure for a relocation (TA) but I am restricted since my DW is a teacher and my two teenage sons have school.:(

I feel that discussion of the appearance of the Epic on the RCI board most valuable. By bringing these issues to my attention, it should significantly lessen the unintentional boarding of the incorrect vessel. If is was in port along side a ship with the physical characteristics of a vessel such as the Serenade of the Seas this information could prove invaluable.:D

I feel that discussion of the appearance of the Epic on the RCI board most valuable. By bringing these issues to my attention, it should significantly lessen the unintentional boarding of the incorrect vessel. If is was in port along side a ship with the physical characteristics of a vessel such as the Serenade of the Seas this information could prove invaluable.:D

No way would anyone ever confuse Serenade of the Seas or any other RCI vessel (or any other Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, HAL,or even another NCL ship) with the NCL Epic. :D

Yea, the Epic is pretty goofy looking. However, Carnival is giving it a run for it's money with the Fantasy Class that has the new balconies added.

Let's not forget....RC had a pretty weird looking ship back in the day also. Remember the Viking Serenade?

Archived