The things I HATE about cruises...

I'm another who doesn't like the word hate so much.

But, I dislike rude, pushy people. There is just no need for it, IMO.

I dislike the clutter of the photo and art auction areas.

I dislike the travel to get to the embarkation port.

I dislike elevators - mostly.

I hate child haters who go on cruises in school holidays, to child friendly places on child friendly ships... And I also hate flying with an infant that I can't stop crying and people look at me like I'm doing this on purpose... That is actually making me consider investing in a netjet card...

BnBx

I hate child haters who go on cruises in school holidays, to child friendly places on child friendly ships... And I also hate flying with an infant that I can't stop crying and people look at me like I'm doing this on purpose... That is actually making me consider investing in a netjet card...

BnBx

LOL

That's funny, because I'm not a huge fan of kids. However, DW and I spend 3 or 4 days at Disney every other year or so. When I go, I realize that I am entering their world (the kids) and leaving mine. We always have a good time by just adjusting to what we know it is.

BnBx

I've got a friend who goes to WDW in August and complains about all the loud children at the pool and it was a terrible trip.

Then goes on a DCL cruise in late May, complains about kids. I tell her to try another line and go off season. What does she do? Books DCL to the Med in August. :eek:

She's on the ship this week and the whole family can't wait to hear the "drama" trip report from her.

• 1 month later...
I anticipate the thing I'll dislike the most is coming home to my house and finding what state it will be in. I'm leaving my 3 young adult guys home for 12 days :eek:
From experience I can tell you that your shoes will stick to the floor in the kitchen and the bathroom with probably not smell too good. :D

I do not like the check in search/screening returning to ship from port.

Also getting on the ship and not having a place to sit in buffet due to early boarders who have packed in with luggage that take up room and sit until doors open at 1:oo

Just skip the buffet on the first day.

Go directly to the Sky Bar.

BnBx

Well, how about the adults that take the children out of school and ruin it for the ones that are trying to avoid having so many children on a cruise. No one wants to set next to a wailing baby on a plane. I always avoided flying when my daughter was a baby.

I hate disembarking.

I hate when people have no compassion for the infant crying in the airplane seat for a brief period as if they were brought on the plane just to annoy others.

Thank you.

My parents lived 2,000 mi. away until our son was around 8, so we has to take him on a plane quite often when he was small. Fortunetly he usually slept most of the flights. All you have to do is walk onto a plane carrying a baby and people start glaring at you. The first flight, he was 18 months and as I said, he slept most of the way and didn't really fuss. The woman in front of me had a very small infant who only fussed a little. A young woman sitting across from us stared daggers at the woman every time the baby made any kind of a sound. Obviously, the woman and I were in cahoots to ruin the flight.

Let's ban babies from airplanes or make the parents take fussing babies out on the wing till they stop fussing.

People can flame me if they want, but I believe that there should be an age limit for flying. It would be great if children had to be at least 18 months old to fly. It has to be a scary/painful experience to have their ears popping, they have no idea what is going on, they have to sit on their parent's lap the whole time, and they are just always miserable. Infants don't belong on a plane. Either wait to go on vacation until they are older, or leave them with grandma.

You choose to have kids, and sometimes those decisions mean you have to wait or deny your gratification for a few years. Think about the children first, then the other passengers.

There, off my soap box.

Hey! How about installing seats on the wings for people with babies?

A lot of airlines don't let you hold a baby on a plane anymore. You have to buy a ticket for the baby and use a airplane approved car seat. That makes the baby a paying passanger, same as whomever is whining like a baby.

What I don't like is the limited lunch times at the lido buffet. If lunch hours could be expanded till lets say 3-4pm then there wouldn't be crowded lines or table hogs. That is just my opinion and have a good day.

Well, how about the adults that take the children out of school and ruin it for the ones that are trying to avoid having so many children on a cruise. No one wants to set next to a wailing baby on a plane. I always avoided flying when my daughter was a baby.

Oh, I had better add that I am one of those parents who cruised in September and took my daughter out of school. :).

• 1 year later...

Cabins too small, shower is tiny, have dine with people you don't know, everything is too structured. It's my vacation, I want to eat when I feel like it, sleep when I feel like it, choose who I dine with, eat alone if I want, there's limited time at port or ship leaves without you, cannot relax at all in those circumstances. Never again, thank you.:(