The things I HATE about cruises...

A few that have been said already

1. Rude cruisers (treating me like dirt because im in my twenties/chair hogs/ being rude to staff)

2.having to leave the ship

That haven't been said

1. Tipping procedure (add to it to the cost of the fare and be done with it)

2. Smokers (this is the 21st century..only should be allowed on top deck away from others esp kids)

3.Shop prices (lotsa moolah for tat)

4. Camera folk...hate the tacky pictures and how they ask you all the time

5.Leaving ports before its dark...wish cruises were extra long with more night stops.

6. Small pools

I "hate" it when I come across a really interesting thread like this one (started May 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM and the OP hasn't posted anything since February 2012) and discover it's almost 4 years old! LOL :D

Oh well, it's a good one so let's keep it going! I'm like others and "hate" waiting for our next cruise to begin! :p

Edited by JimAOk1945

I hate that I can only afford to cruise once a year, but I'm also glad that at least I can afford to cruise once a year! :D

One thing I really can't stand is when parents let their kids run wild and press every. single. button on the elevator! But that sort of thing bugs me no matter where I'm at!

Despite the few things that I don't like, I still love cruising!

I hate walking around in circles in the buffet with a full plate looking for a table and seeing numerous tables taken by people who are done eating and are just sitting there reading or looking out the window. There are all sorts of places all over the ship where you can sit and read or watch the ocean sail by. People who have a plate full of food would like to sit down at a dining table to eat!

I hate seeing some people who feel entitled act rudely to the staff or other passengers.

During sea days, all the GOOD things I want to see all happen at the same time. An hour later, there are 3 other activities and NONE are anything I want to see or do.

One port will have 5 tours or locations I really want to see but do not have time for all. Next port has 20 tours of which I am lukewarm for every one.

No fair, I say.

M

I figured it would be funny to hear what people "don't like" about cruising.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that I HATE getting off the ship!!!

I also hate the amount of laundry I have to do when we get back! lol!

However.......the best thing we do is always book our next cruise while we are on one...that way, when we get back, we already have another one to look forward too! :D

Soooo.....what do you hate about cruises?????

I hate a 3 day cruise because it feels like 1 1/2 day cruise.

I hate not making new friends on board.

I hate when booking my cabin the one I want is not available.

I hate long slow lines to check-in.

I hate long line to go ashore.

I hate sitting my luggage out the night before departure.

I hate getting up early for departure.

I hate disembarkation.

I hate paying for parking at the port.

I hate the 2 hour drive home from Port Canaveral, Miami 4 1/2 hours.

I hate unpacking.

I hate waiting another year to do it all over again.

Hmmmm...

I hate having to leave after a week (I always have so much fun!).

Not having enough time to do and see everything I want.

Oh, and it boils my grits when people are rude to the staff, and/or remove their gratuities. ALWAYS be kind to the people helping to make your cruise a wonderful experience.

I hate having to do the muster drill each time when doing back to back cruises. I did it last week...nothing has changed. So why do I need to do it again? I could understand having to do it if some time had passed or it was a different ship.

I also hate that it has to end, but alas all good things do.

My dislikes:

- People who complain about what others are wearing. It is their vacation and as long as the "naughty bits" are covered who cares. Like seeing someone wearing attire that is not perfect for the person is really going to affect you at all.

- Smokers who really do not care about their cancer sticks emanating their obnoxious odor.

- People who have cruised a lot and constantly complain that things were better "in the old days".

- People who violate the rules (whatever they are) and not having those rules enforced consistently or on a reliable basis. If the cruise line has rules, why do they not enforce them? And all the threads here on CC about how to violate those rules (Rum runners anyone?)

- People who drink too much and then behave badly.

- People who talk during shows. If you want to talk, leave the show!

Edited by reedl

Well, how about the adults that take the children out of school and ruin it for the ones that are trying to avoid having so many children on a cruise. No one wants to set next to a wailing baby on a plane. I always avoided flying when my daughter was a baby.

We didn't need to fly often with our infants, but I have flown NEAR them on many occasions. I will tell ya I am happy to sit next to a crying baby who isn't mine. Its got to be stressful and embarrassing at times when you feel like the people around you are angry at you. I would much rather be the stranger than the mother ( or father ). Obviously its a personal preference thing, but there are far worse seat mates for me to have.

I can think of several non-vacation, non- elective reasons that an infant would need to fly. I have my doubts that the folks who "always avoided flying with their infants" did so because they were concerned about ruining the other passengers vacation flights.

Keeping it on topic. I do dislike standing in line for food. I'm not lazy or grumpy, but this is just something that gets on my nerves :p I don't mind a brief wait-my-turn, but constantly standing in line and shuffling along just ruins my appetite. I used to really dislike packing on the last night, but then I changed how I packed. I pack when I wake up on last cruise day and leave out what I need for disembarkation. If I have anything left out ( say dinner clothes) for the day, then that's the only thing that I need to pack before putting the cases out. It is SO NICE to be enjoying the ship on the last night while your cruise mates are all packing. Its such a quiet, un-crowded time to be out enjoying what the ship has to offer and a lot less depressing !

Not a lot that I Hate about any cruise.

1) Elevators and people who do not understand that people have to get off BEFORE you get on.

2) Rude buttheads who make NO allowance for wheelchairs and walkers. (NO I have full mobility but I have hip checked the odd waterhead trying to cut ibn front of a wheelchair).

3) Conversely, members of the gray beard motorcycle gangs who see their cane or walker as a weapon.

4) Pretentious morons who are condescending to the staff.

5) Nassau.

6) Nassau

7) Nassau.

That's about it.

Not a lot that I Hate about any cruise.

1) Elevators and people who do not understand that people have to get off BEFORE you get on.

2) Rude buttheads who make NO allowance for wheelchairs and walkers. (NO I have full mobility but I have hip checked the odd waterhead trying to cut ibn front of a wheelchair).

3) Conversely, members of the gray beard motorcycle gangs who see their cane or walker as a weapon.

4) Pretentious morons who are condescending to the staff.

5) Nassau.

6) Nassau

7) Nassau.

That's about it.

As the husband of one of the "gray-beard motorcycle gang" I applaud your hockey expertise. But "The Boss" (My DW, whom you know) would never use her scooter as a weapon, unless necessary. BTW John, tell The Medic Model and Homeless Crusier I said HI.

I really don't like seeing people belittle the employees. College kids were laughing at one employee for dropping a tray of glasses and he had to pick it all up. I was too far away to help in time. Or I would of helped him out.

Wish the RC would provide a place to wash my clothes. I hate paying them to

do it and hate taking home dirty clothes.

I never gain weight because I walk every morning. But people will go the wrong direction on the track or let their kids play on the track. It is a hazard for the runners.

I don't care if people drink but getting too drunk and making a fool of them

self . Making people around them feel very uncomfortable. And sometimes

not a safe situation.

I have more likes than dislikes on cruises. Try to go with the flow and not get all up tight with people on cruises.

Chair hogs are the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wake up at the crack of dawn and lay the towel in the chairs and disappear for breakfast for 2 hours and change and then come back. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! HAAAAAATE those people!

Waste.

I dislike the waste of:

* Food that doesn't get eaten. Take ONE small serving and see if you like it, THEN go back for more. There is more... we promise.

* Towels that get washed after barely being used (I don't mean that someone else should use your dirty towel,,, but when a one is used to prop up a book, and then left for the stewards to collect and launder) Instead, keep your dry but used towels throughout the week.

* Bad photographs. They're digital, and the photographer should delete the ones with closed eyes, underwear/bra straps hanging out, etc. long before they get printed and displayed. One evening, SEVEN photographers took series of photos without telling me about the stain on my blouse. I had no idea until we saw them posted -- and several would have been great.

* Dirty dishes. Abandoned glasses and ice cream dishes left on staircases, window sills, in hallways, decks. Leave them at the bar, in your room, or at the dirty-dish station in the buffets.

Waste.

I dislike the waste of:

* Food that doesn't get eaten. Take ONE small serving and see if you like it, THEN go back for more. There is more... we promise.

* Towels that get washed after barely being used (I don't mean that someone else should use your dirty towel,,, but when a one is used to prop up a book, and then left for the stewards to collect and launder) Instead, keep your dry but used towels throughout the week.

* Bad photographs. They're digital, and the photographer should delete the ones with closed eyes, underwear/bra straps hanging out, etc. long before they get printed and displayed. One evening, SEVEN photographers took series of photos without telling me about the stain on my blouse. I had no idea until we saw them posted -- and several would have been great.

* Dirty dishes. Abandoned glasses and ice cream dishes left on staircases, window sills, in hallways, decks. Leave them at the bar, in your room, or at the dirty-dish station in the buffets.

Photoshop could save your photos. Just scan them into your computer when you get home and photoshop the stain out.