The things I HATE about cruises...

I hate being "nickle & dimed" by the cruise line and their total disregard for the passenger if there are any problems/complaints.

I hate their denials.

I hate that the service and food quality has declined so much over the years and no one seems to care because they are on a cruise.

I hate the travel and aggravation it takes to get to the ship and home from the ship.

I hate being made to feel like I'm in grammar school by the cruise line.

I think I'm in the majority:

I HATE rude people who come on board with a sense of entitlement saying stupid things like, "It's my vacation, and I'll behave any old way I please" -- the idea that they can save seats by the pool, push their way in the tender lines, etc. That one's far and beyond anything else that I hate.

I dislike the muster drill, though I recognize that safety is vitally important and I would never skip it.

I strongly dislike the cruise line taking away chairs from the majority of cruisers in favor of suite cruisers, especially when those much-needed chairs sit empty.

I strongly dislike packing on the last night, and that's one of the main reasons I pack light.

Other than that, I have no complaints!

People can flame me if they want, but I believe that there should be an age limit for flying. It would be great if children had to be at least 18 months old to fly. It has to be a scary/painful experience to have their ears popping, they have no idea what is going on, they have to sit on their parent's lap the whole time, and they are just always miserable. Infants don't belong on a plane. Either wait to go on vacation until they are older, or leave them with grandma.

You choose to have kids, and sometimes those decisions mean you have to wait or deny your gratification for a few years. Think about the children first, then the other passengers.

There, off my soap box.

I flew every where as a baby and as a child. Also I live in Alaska and sometimes its neccesary to fly to even get from the hospital where one is born to the place/villiage/town where one lives. That was the case with me. I was born in Anchorage and we lived at the time in a very remote part of Alaska and had to fly in a plane to get home. They could not have waited for 18 monthes to take me home thats not practical either. Just giving another side to this issue.

Adri :)

Chronic complainers. OMG....go home!!!! Why are they even on the cruise??? Hate, hate, hate hearing "the food was much better on the......ship" "The service is much better on the .....ship". We had a single man sitting at our dinner table on the Explorer. All he did was complain. The whole table was so fed up with this man. When someone asked him what he did for a living, his response was a little bit of a mumble. After repeating the question he responded a little louder..."I am a bus driver" OMG...complete silence. Now, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being a bus driver, but this man acted as if he was the CEO of AT&T. I hate arrogance. There are all walks of life, some rich, some poor and some in between. Arrogant people do not impress me, so please keep your complaints to yourself. We do not want to hear them. We work hard all year to afford a vacation and we do not want it ruined by you. (when I say "we"), I mean all of the people that are just lucky enough to be on the ship to begin with.

I am with you all the way here!

I am the type who's last cruise always seem like the best till I go again!

Complainers are the worst kind of bores.

I am a little nervous about my upcoming Mariner cruise, because my husband and I will be on our own for the first time. We have such a large family, and I sometimes host groups, so we have never cruised with less than 12 people before. We are set for late seating at a table for 6, hope we meet nice people:rolleyes: i am sure we will.

I cured the packing thing for myself by trying to pack early in the day on the last day. That way I can tell myself hey I'm done and can enjoy and relax the rest of the day and evening. But let's face it the last day can be a downer cuz you know it's back to the real world.

The first meal off the ship, whether you cook it or pay for it is just the worst!:eek:

Like the other posters, complainers are an absolute pain in the posterior. Next come rude people who believe they are better than others. Then there is the little minded people who like to talk about others. Finally comes the ones who feel like they are the enforcer of the rules.

It is a vacation and everyone on the ship is there to relax and have a good time. Treat everyone the same as you want to be treated. Come expecting to have a good time and bring a positive attitude.

Other than being forced to get off the ship, the only thing I have ever hated about cruising, at least on RC ships, is being forced to listen to Fox for any news. :eek: My husband is a "news junkie" and Fox seems to be the only station we can consistently receive when he needs to get a "fix". :D

Sherri :)

People can flame me if they want, but I believe that there should be an age limit for flying. It would be great if children had to be at least 18 months old to fly. It has to be a scary/painful experience to have their ears popping, they have no idea what is going on, they have to sit on their parent's lap the whole time, and they are just always miserable. Infants don't belong on a plane. Either wait to go on vacation until they are older, or leave them with grandma.

You choose to have kids, and sometimes those decisions mean you have to wait or deny your gratification for a few years. Think about the children first, then the other passengers.

There, off my soap box.

I hate when people forget that they were a child at some point of their life and think that the world revolves around them.

I dislike:

Having to go back to work

Losing the weight I've gained

Not being able to cruise more often :)

And packing on the last night

All that and.. uh, hmmm

Actually, that covers it perfectly, well said!

Joey

I wouldn't say that I hate anything..

what I dislike are

dress codes not being enforced on formal night

people wearing shorts and tshirts to dinner in the main dining room

staff not enforcing the rules regarding "NOT saving chairs on deck"

rude passengers

leaving the last day

WHAT I love is I am cruising in 173 days!

• 5 weeks later...

A cruise would be the perfect vacation without the people.

Okay, 5% of the people.

Here is a partial list that make me ashamed to be part of the human race and/or ashamed of my nationality.

Hands down my #1 complaint is the incredible amount of food wasted at the buffet. I can't help but walk past those empty tables piled with food and want to ask the diners . . . why? Maybe it's none of my business, but if so many people didn't waste so much food the cruise might be less expensive for everyone else. My travel companions and I are always members of the clean plate club, on purpose. If there is the possibility I won't like something, I will only take a tiny sample. Maybe some people don't understand that the buffet isn't one-trip only, you are allowed to return for seconds rather than waste the firsts. I read that some cruises don't have trays at the buffet anymore. That's a step in the right direction. If you don't want the pigs to waste so much give them a smaller trough.

Passengers rude or condescending to the staff. How about a "please" and "thank you" rather than an order. Enough said.

Passengers rude or condescending to fellow passengers. A cruise is a social and public vacation. If you don't realize that going into the trip and can't behave with respect and manners then just go hiking in the middle of nowhere.

Passengers with no self-respect. You dress for yourself and the respect of others. We don't care to see your sweaty muscle shirt and hairy armpits in the dining room. Is it too much to ask to take one minute checking your wardrobe and not look like a slob? It's one thing to be comfortable but you don't have to look sloppy to do so. We have to look at you, you don't. Show some respect and represent.

Passengers with unsupervised and/or misbehaving children. It's not a vacation from parental responsibility. Maybe you are immune to your kid's behaviors, we're not. Throttle your brats or take them to Wallyworld.

Passengers who won't follow the rules. Didn't we learn that in kindergarten? Don't block the stairwells disembarking means don't block the stairwells disembarking. Pay attention during the muster drill . . . and probably 100's of other misdemeanors that passengers feel exempt from following. I'd love to be hall monitor with disciplinary impunity for the duration of the trip.

Passengers who can't quit their bitching and keep their negativity to themselves. None of the passengers want to hear it, don't bring me down with your complaints.

Speedos and Bikinis on people who should not wear speedos and bikinis. Gross.

Passengers who leave their trash anywhere on the ship they feel like. Is it that much to ask that you take your empty glasses/dirty dishes to the nearest bar or at least a dining table?

Passengers who block or disrupt normal passenger flow on the ship. If you must stop in the middle of the crowded hallway during the stampede to the buffet, how about moving to the side? Keep to the right when walking, right? I find the face-to-face dance annoying when you can't keep to my left.

As for the cruise for the sake of the cruise? I've never found anything worth complaining about.

I have read several things I could agree with in some manner, but I am on vacation and try not to let these things interupt or dampen my freedom and relaxation. I have such a short visit on these ships, I want to make the most of time. I put up with worse almost daily. So I choose to make the best of it.

I dislike the fact that I cannot afford to cruise more often.

I dislike having to get off the ship and go home.

I dislike going back to work.

But I always look forward to my next CRUISE!

I hate the waiting until we sail away on the next cruise.

I totally agree!! I hate the days slowly passing by whille you are waiting until your cruise! Its horrible! And I hate packing on the last night also!:D

I hate that my dog isn't allowed on the cruise. He has voluntered to help the staff clean up the floor in the Windjammer. ;) He'd be great!!

I agree! I wish my dog could come! I miss her a lot when we are on the cruise! :(

I hate that my dog isn't allowed on the cruise. He has voluntered to help the staff clean up the floor in the Windjammer. ;) He'd be great!!

LOL! We love that, great idea, We wouldn't even mind pooches on the cruise and we're not "dog" people in particular.

Consider us two votes for "good dogs" on cruises.

We have a parrot, we'd love to bring him along.

I totally agree!! I hate the days slowly passing by whille you are waiting until your cruise! Its horrible! And I hate packing on the last night also!:D

They slowly pass by and then once the cruise gets here its gone in a flash :(

I also hate the last night packing............That is when reality slaps me right upside the head. :cool:

I figured it would be funny to hear what people "don't like" about cruising.

I think everyone will agree with me when I say that I HATE getting off the ship!!!

I also hate the amount of laundry I have to do when we get back! lol!

However.......the best thing we do is always book our next cruise while we are on one...that way, when we get back, we already have another one to look forward too! :D

Soooo.....what do you hate about cruises?????

Listening to other passengers at dinner, elevator, on the tender complaining about this and that and comparing ships blah blah blah.....And saying it loud so others can hear them.