Shipboard account - listed per seapass?

Our extended family is staying in the Royal Family suite and connecting balcony. At the end of the cruise, will we be able to figure out who charged what, or is it all listed on one printout for the suite?

I think I remember that I can list different credit cards for different people for onboard charges, but I've never taken advantage of this because it's only been my immediate family.

What's the best way to handle keeping the charges straight?

Our extended family is staying in the Royal Family suite and connecting balcony. At the end of the cruise, will we be able to figure out who charged what, or is it all listed on one printout for the suite?

I think I remember that I can list different credit cards for different people for onboard charges, but I've never taken advantage of this because it's only been my immediate family.

What's the best way to handle keeping the charges straight?

I believe each cabin usually has one master account that everything is billed to. The charges for the individual seapass cards are listed per card but are credited back and then billed to the master account. At least that's how I remember it.

Aubie

If you want to set it up under different credit cards, then you will be able to see who charged what. Other than that, I think it does show the whole bill as one (though I am not sure, I only know that if you are under a separate card, you are good to go).

I just cruised with a friend (one cabin, 2 people) and each of our seapasses was tied to a different credit card. Mine with my card and her seapass with her credit card. We did that all at check in, no issues.

Enjoy your cruise and family,

Lori

I believe each cabin usually has one master account that everything is billed to. The charges for the individual seapass cards are listed per card but are credited back and then billed to the master account. At least that's how I remember it.

Aubie

That's correct, the master bill will also have the folio number next to each charge, the folio number is on the individual seapass

You can request separate accounts with no problem. Like you mentioned you have seen where you can list each person to be charged on a particular credit card, and the accounts are billed on individualy, and the bills are delivered that way. Our daughter often shares a cabin with us and her account is separate to the one for my husband and I.

Hope this helps:)

When we sailed, earlier this month, with DS in cabin, he did his own set sail pass listing his credit card and all his charges went to his card. You can do multiple set sail passes and accounts for each cabin. The process was quite transparent and worked well. DS had more charges than the two of us.

Each person, if desired, can use a different form of payment....it doesn't have to all be charged to one person's payment method. Mom and Dad will probably use the same cc, BIL can use his, Aunt J. can use hers.....(for example!) Someone can even give them cash and charge against that. It's entirely up to you!

Each person, if desired, can use a different form of payment....it doesn't have to all be charged to one person's payment method. Mom and Dad will probably use the same cc, BIL can use his, Aunt J. can use hers.....(for example!) Someone can even give them cash and charge against that. It's entirely up to you!

Exactly. You can do all this when you fill out your online docs.

You will get a folio for every card associated with your cabin delivered on the last night and also you will be able to keep daily track on the inroom TV menu...We have had as many as 6..but then of course Mom (me) combines them all as a last minute surprise..that way all the kids think their paying for themselves and they didn't get carried away !!!

Each seapass has a unique number assigned to it. Once you get your statement you can see (via that unique number) who charged what, when and how much?

For example....5400 Dad, 5401 Mom, 5402 Son#1, 5403 Son #3

5400 wine/Schooner Bar 5/27 3:40

5403 soda/Pool bar 5/27 4:00

5400 wine/Champagne Bar 5/27 7:38

So how does that work if you have OBC - $100 for the cabin? Say 2 people are sharing a room . . . can you designate who gets the OBC? Does it automatically split it between the two? Or can you split it percentage-wise?

The master account will belong to the key person on the reservation. Your account will break down by individual user

1400 dad

1401 mom

1402 son

1403 daughter

You'll be able to see who charged what, how much, when and where.

I have always traveled with friends up until just last year when I took a cruise for my honeymoon. We have always kept everything separate on separate credit cards and never had a problem. This was always taken care of at check-in.

Good luck!

Archived