Straight up answer

I booked our cruise on May 13th. The cruise is next Feb. 6th on AOS. I have only put the deposit down, not paid fully.

How often are their price drops..and is there some place I can sign up where I will be notified of price drops or will I have to keep looking periodically on the RCI website?

Any helpful hints/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

There can be price drops and special rates at any time. I have gotten them a year in advance of a cruise. You just never know. I do believe you have to check RCI's web site yourself for resident, senior, military and fire/police special rates. Do a booking with the same date, ship and cabin catagory that you have booked and go up to the point before purchase to see if a special rate has been added to your cruise. Look often!

I booked our cruise on May 13th. The cruise is next Feb. 6th on AOS. I have only put the deposit down, not paid fully.

How often are their price drops..and is there some place I can sign up where I will be notified of price drops or will I have to keep looking periodically on the RCI website?

Really it all depends on how full the ship gets and how quickly, as the cruise gets closer, if they are not filling the ship then you may start to see price drops but they are never a gaurentee to see them. Sometimes they happen and sometimes they don't.

If you can, you should check the RCL website daily or every few days. You can 'save' the cruise and just click on the link when you log in. We were booked on FOS last year and our cabin category dropped 3 times!!! good thing we were watching...we saved a whopping $600 total. The price drops occurred randomly and all before the final payment was due.

Good luck! Sign up for roll call on here and the folks on there are typically your best resource. Someone on your ship is watching the prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Have your TA check it for you periodically.

I booked our upcoming cruise 11 months in advance at what I thought was an incredibly low price. I signed up on cruise fish dot net to monitor the price. 3 weeks later, the price came down 10%. I had never used cruise fish prior to this cruise, I always did the checking myself.

I booked our upcoming cruise 11 months in advance at what I thought was an incredibly low price. I signed up on cruise fish dot net to monitor the price. 3 weeks later, the price came down 10%. I had never used cruise fish prior to this cruise, I always did the checking myself.

Good information to have. I've never used it either will will now.

I have cruised about 12 times never once gotten a price drop so I wouldn't count on it.

Do you do a dummy booking daily to see if your cruise has been reduced?

We've had price drops on our last 4 cruises. The biggest one was last April when we got a $1000pp price reduction on our JS.:D

Cruises that are priced higher when itineraries are first released and that do book quickly are usually the ones to get reduced.

Archived