Navigator & Voyager "NA" for 2010 fall TAs?

Just got back from our 6 week trip, so this may have already been addressed. But why are these 2 ships "NA". Surely they have not sold out this far in advance, especially on a repositioning cruise. Anyone know if someone/group chartered them?

To/from USA TA pickings seem to be slim. South of USA must be doing a lot of booking to have so many begin/end outside USA - darn (for us, anyway)! Not interested in flying south to get to/from Europe. May as well fly to/from Europe.

QM2 is available, of course, but her dates either don't give us enough land time or too much.

We booked the 11/7/2010 Voyager TA in early February of this year. Almost imediately the prices started going up and then sold out. I think only interior staterooms were left for a couple of months and they are gone now too. No groups booked that I am aware of. If we like this TA's, we'll book another one for next fall/winter just as soon as we return!

Just got email from an online agent offering balconies on the Voyager - strange. Have been regularly sailing RCCL for years & have never experienced them playing games with the cabins. Now it appears their website has the cabins as 'not available', but cabins are available. We even tried to book this ship/this cruise onboard & the RCCL agent said his info listed the cabins as unavailable. Can't understand the reasoning for RCCL to do so? Oh well, that's the way the ship sways, I guess. Need to look at other cruiselines for our fall TA.

Just got email from an online agent offering balconies on the Voyager - strange. Have been regularly sailing RCCL for years & have never experienced them playing games with the cabins. Now it appears their website has the cabins as 'not available', but cabins are available. We even tried to book this ship/this cruise onboard & the RCCL agent said his info listed the cabins as unavailable. Can't understand the reasoning for RCCL to do so? Oh well, that's the way the ship sways, I guess. Need to look at other cruiselines for our fall TA.

Know for a fact that RCI pulled all group space back from the Navigator months ago (hi Anita!!!). IF Voyager still has group space available that RCI has not pulled AND it is showing as sold out I would be VERY surprised (not shocked as RCI does some very strange things.....).

RCI is NOT playing games w/ these sailings (as far as I can tell). Simply believe they learned a leason from their 'pricing structure' for last years TAs. ;) These sailings were very reasonably priced, not saying there won't be space available upon final payments as I am certain there will be some.....

Bruce

If ships are refected full,

should cabins be held back (blocked)

with no persons assigned to cabins

and from cabins not being sold.:confused:

Either by RCI or travel agents?

Archived