Carnival sells it's bed mattresses online?

DanishDonut

Yes, its legit, they have been selling it for 3-4 years.

Thank you.

We recently returned from a 7 day cruise on the CCL Victory. The mattress wasn't anything special but we both slept great during the cruise. When we returned home I noticed our Simmons mattress isn't as firm or the pillow soft topping is the culprit.

Does anyone know who manufacturers Carnival's mattresses for them?

But damn nearly $1,500 for a Queen mattress and spring? Ouch.

Thank you.

We recently returned from a 7 day cruise on the CCL Victory. The mattress wasn't anything special but we both slept great during the cruise. When we returned home I noticed our Simmons mattress isn't as firm or the pillow soft topping is the culprit.

Does anyone know who manufacturers Carnival's mattresses for them?

But damn nearly $1,500 for a Queen mattress and spring? Ouch.

$1500 for a quality mattress and boxspring set is not unusual.

Here is the kicker though to this. If you take two of the same sets and sleep on one at home and one at sea you will most likely sleep better at sea because of the motion of the ship. It has a calming affect on the system.....;)

• Like 1

Fun, we actually bought the comforter, duvet and pillows about a year ago. I still use the pillows but after menopause started can't use the comforter anymore. Actually only used a few times. I am going to sell mine but it is wonderful.

I always loved the Carnival beds, but this last cruise on the Miracle, it was awful and hard. Alot of people were saying the same thing and waking up with all kinds of pains they don't usually have:( I don't know if they recently switched over to platform beds (there is no boxspring) or what, but it was not enjoyable unless you like an extra firm mattress.

The comforter and pillows are still wonderful though!:)

I have a neighbor that has the full linen set, sheets, pillows, comforter, the whole outfit. They have a $3000 mattress made to use in outer space or some such nonsense, so I don't think that they are going to buy the Carnival mattress any time soon.

I like the sheets and comforter, but the pillows don't have enough mass to them for my taste. I end up using two of them when I am onboard.

The main rule I live by is:

I don't purchase bedding or furniture from a cruiseline and I don't purchase cruises from a furniture or bedding store.

That's a rather odd main rule. I would think you were more of the Thou Shall Not Kill type. ;)

• Like 1

That's a rather odd main rule. I would think you were more of the Thou Shall Not Kill type. ;)

Well,,,, looking at it that way,,,, maybe that's not a good "Main" rule. A "minor" rule that has served me well,,,, how's that? :)

We have had the entire outfit (except the mattress ~ I am not brave enough to purchase a mattress I have not at least sat on) for several years.

I love it. As stated in an earlier post, I don't use the Duvet as much now that I am going through surigcal menopause....but oddly enough, it made the recovery from the surgery (lots of time in bed) BETTER!!!

The sheets and duvet are soooo comfy.....

However, it does require a couple of washings to get that soft feel you are used to on the ship.

Here in Canada we get radio ads put on by some association of mattress manufacturer's calling themselves "The Better Sleep Council" or something like that. In the ads they say you should replace your bed every six to eight years. Now of course they are in the bed business --- I'm sure they'd say get a new one every two years if people would believe them. I notice the ad every time I hear it because DW & I are still using the bed we bought in 1987 when we were married. Maybe they are right -- time for a new one.

How old is your bed?

We bought the duvet and duvet cover and sheet set in 2006. We still use them everyday. The only difference is I bought a different duvet cover and shams because I wanted something more than white. The duvet is lightweight but warm. We didn't buy the mattress because the reality is the sleep is better at sea because of the sea, not because of the bed. We boughtt a new sleep number bed this past Christmas and that's a good night's sleep, plus the sheets fit it fine.

Edited by BND

Never really got the raving over the Carnival mattresses. Never had a comfortable one to be honest. Any good sleep I put down to ship movement as others have said or alcohol.

It is legit. Most people spend a third or more of their lives in bed. Why not be comfortable?

I couldnt agree more!! I want to feel like I am sleeping on a cloud, so I bought an ultra plush pillow top set! Our mattress/boxspring set cost about $1200 and I think it was worth every penny!

I like Carnival's mattress well enough, the linens & duvet are really nice, but I prefer some color so I would probably never buy any of their bedding products.

Our Sleep Number bed cost $3,000 but it is warranteed for something like 20 years so we'll have it for quite a while. Most innerspring mattresses should be only used for about 10 years. To me, the Carnival mattress while comfy while on a cruise is just a regular mattress.

The main rule I live by is:

I don't purchase bedding or furniture from a cruiseline and I don't purchase cruises from a furniture or bedding store.

Ah, but what if the furniture or bedding store is offering a free cruise with the purchase of a bed?:D

We just left Paradise this morning...I couldn't believe how uncomfortably hard the beds were. This is my 10th+ cruise and I have always loved the beds...couldn't wait for my first nap Monday afternoon and woke up so stiff...It was a sad nap moment. LOL. I agree that the comforter and pillows are wonderful. I actually had a comforter for my bed here at home....loved it....not the same as the gentle rocking of the ship, but no complaints. :)