AOS Deck 6 Balcony

I read somewhere on this board that balconies on deck 6 have steel walls and no plexiglass..my question is:

If you sit in a chair on the balcony can you see the water or will be have to stand to see it?

also I noticed that the E1 catagory cabins are smaller than the D2..and I thought I was getting a great cabin at a good location....now I'm worried...I am the one who booked our cabins for another couple and am afraid they will be p*ssed..can you really notice the smallness?

Stateroom 6266, AOS May 2009.

I'm 6 feet tall and had no problem seeing water; water, water everywhere. The only time I couldn't see something while sitting was when we watched a "man-overboard" drill where they fishing a dummy out of the water right below our balcony in Aruba. If you get lucky and they dock on your side of the ship you would also have some limited viewing of the pier directly below, but we only docked on our side once. Honestly we didn't spend much time on our balcony beause there was too much to do.

Stateroom 6266, AOS May 2009.

I'm 6 feet tall and had no problem seeing water; water, water everywhere. The only time I couldn't see something while sitting was when we watched a "man-overboard" drill where they fishing a dummy out of the water right below our balcony in Aruba. If you get lucky and they dock on your side of the ship you would also have some limited viewing of the pier directly below, but we only docked on our side once. Honestly we didn't spend much time on our balcony beause there was too much to do.

We will probably only utilize the balconyin the mornings drinking our coffee, however, I would like to be able to sit in the chair and be able to see the water and not a steel wall...are the walls low enough for this?

The deck 6 balconies are different from the rest of the ship. There is no glass. The metal wall rises higher than the upper decks, and above that is the railing. They aren't that bad, but I recommend trying to get another deck.

I was a little concerned when I first booked a deck 6 balcony on AOS, but I got a hump cabin so I decided to take the chance. My concern was all for naught. You can definitely see water while seated (I am 5'8" and my wife is 5'2"). Plus, I like being just one deck from the promenade as we often stopped in for a quick sandwich in the afternoon.

Now, that said, if a similar cabin was available on decks 7-8-9, I would still probably take it, but the gain is minimal. So, don't be concerned.

OK, I called RC and the only cabins they have(have to be side by side) are near the rear, by the elevators...deck 7..what do you think??

Take them.....I personally like the back of the ship and I like being near the elevators.

OK, I called RC and the only cabins they have(have to be side by side) are near the rear, by the elevators...deck 7..what do you think??

I would absolutely grab these. I would take them near the front too, but that would be my second choice. We had 7650 on Explorer (sister ship to Adventure) and LOVED the location. We were upgraded to 1548 on Adventure (all the way in the front) and it was wonderful too.

If it's any help we've just got off Adventure and had cabin 7318 (hump cabin, starboard) that was by the elevators. Loved the location.

Here's a few photos of the balcony (follow the link below my signature for all our Adventure photos).

4635310773_19c89a00da.jpg

4635916326_c3b98a4882.jpg

4635920644_5bdefd1470.jpg

Hope these help.

Any more questions, please ask.

Aft cabins near the elevator are the way to go. Everything except the fitness center/spa and the theater is off the aft elevators. If you don't have to walk the long corridors, getting anywhere seems easier. My personal preference is deck 7 because it is a quick down to the promenade and the dining and a quick up to the pool deck or the sports deck. Also, the library is on deck 7 and is really serene. Deck 6 has the business center where they try to sell future cruises, and it can occasionally be really crowded.

If it's any help we've just got off Adventure and had cabin 7318 (hump cabin, starboard) that was by the elevators. Loved the location.

Here's a few photos of the balcony (follow the link below my signature for all our Adventure photos).

How exciting to stumble into your wonderful pics. We will be going on our very first RCI cruise next Dec 2011 and your cabin #7318 is our cabin too!!! Was it noisy being near the elevators? Thought the mid hump cabin would be great for balcony views. Thanks for posting your great pics.

How exciting to stumble into your wonderful pics. We will be going on our very first RCI cruise next Dec 2011 and your cabin #7318 is our cabin too!!! Was it noisy being near the elevators? Thought the mid hump cabin would be great for balcony views. Thanks for posting your great pics.

No noise near the elevators at all as people quickly move past your cabin down the hallway. Great location, 2 decks down to the Royal Promenade.

One more thing, I read somewhere that on the balcony cabins, you can't remove the partician (sp?) in between the balconies..is this true?

BTW, I went ahead a changed our cabins were are now in #'s 7546 and 7548

One more thing, I read somewhere that on the balcony cabins, you can't remove the partician (sp?) in between the balconies..is this true?

BTW, I went ahead a changed our cabins were are now in #'s 7546 and 7548

Those are a great location -- you'll be so much happier with the deck 7 balcony than a deck 6 one! Unfortunately, on Adventure (Explorer and Voyager), the balcony walls are made of steel and cannot be opened.

Those are a great location -- you'll be so much happier with the deck 7 balcony than a deck 6 one! Unfortunately, on Adventure (Explorer and Voyager), the balcony walls are made of steel and cannot be opened.

But it does make for greater privacy.

Archived