Cabin Assignments WHEN?

joanfred

That's probably the standard "line", but nearly everybody will get their assignments before embarkation day. Start checking your OnLine CheckIn page about 2 weeks out.

In my case, I would change that to OBSESSIVELY checking my OnLine CheckIn page...:rolleyes:

I do that too. By the way...the dog pic in your avatar is SO cute.

Thank you! That would be my fur-baby---Augie!

He is a "working dog" :rolleyes:(well, that is what I tell people- just a little white lie-- that lazy beast has never worked a moment in his life!:)).

In reality, he lets me sleep in his bed at night!

He allows me the priveledge of feeding him twice a day!

I am permitted to walk him on his command...

Well, you get the picture!:p

DH and I booked a guarantee only once and we did not find out our cabin until we reached the port. The luggage valets have the manifest and luggage tags, so it just took a minute to find our cabin and get our tags filled out.

That's probably the standard "line", but nearly everybody will get their assignments before embarkation day. Start checking your OnLine CheckIn page about 2 weeks out.

Not necessarily. When we cruised on the Oosterdam in January, our cabin was not assigned until embarkation day. When we checked online the day before there was still no cabin assignment so we printed our luggage tags without the stateroom number. I was a bit concerned but had not choice.

The porter did not have a list but assured as all would be fine and we'd get our luggage. We got our cabin number from the HAL rep inside but by then our luggage had been whisked away. In any case, it did indeed arrive at our stateroom later, around the same time everyone elses did. The stateroom was written on the tags by hand. Just be sure that you don't laminate the tags you print off the internet. We just used strong clear packing tape around the edges so HAL would still be able to write on them.

We booked a guarentee last weekend, and will sail in mid-July. I am hoping we don't have to wait until we get to port to get our assignment!:eek:

We got our best upgrades when we picked up the cabin number at the pier. At the pier you will have to find a person at the luggage drop off area with a manifest and they will look up your room number so you can put it on your luggage tags. Any porter should know who has the manifest.

Hope you get a nice surprise whenever it comes.:)

Not necessarily. When we cruised on the Oosterdam in January, our cabin was not assigned until embarkation day.

Please note that I carefully said:

Most everybody gets their assignment before the pier, but even among those, there are some upgrades at the pier.

Please note that I carefully said:

Most everybody gets their assignment before the pier, but even among those, there are some upgrades at the pier.

We didn't get our cabin assignment until we go to the pier and we got no upgrade. I guess this all just means that really anything can happen - upgrade or no upgrade, and cabin assignment early or at the last minute.

We didn't get our cabin assignment until we go to the pier and we got no upgrade. I guess this all just means that really anything can happen - upgrade or no upgrade, and cabin assignment early or at the last minute.
But nearly everybody will get their assignments before embarkation day.

We sail on Saturday, and still don't have our cabin number yet! It's now 9.15pm on Monday here and we leave early on Wednesday morning for our flight to Vancouver - so we are running out of time to find out before we go. It looks like we will need to wait till we get to the pier, an upgrade would be wonderful but I will be happy just to have a cabin! Roll on Saturday!!! :D

Have just checked and our hotel has a business centre where you can get internet access - so guess where I'll be heading once we are checked in!

Is it really bad to be so impatient? Or am I just normal among cruisers? Perhaps as they say 'good things come to those who wait' and I should just be patient :confused:

Have just checked and our hotel has a business centre where you can get internet access - so guess where I'll be heading once we are checked in!

Is it really bad to be so impatient? Or am I just normal among cruisers? Perhaps as they say 'good things come to those who wait' and I should just be patient :confused:

Please let us know if you have a stateroom assignment!!!

All of us with guarenteed rooms are rooting for you to have an assignment with an upgrade!:):):)

God grant me patience ... but hurry! :p I'm 115 days out, and I still check my CheckIn page every once in a while "just in case" it's there. In the last three weeks I'll be checking three or four times a day until it shows up! :D

God grant me patience ... but hurry! :p I'm 115 days out, and I still check my CheckIn page every once in a while "just in case" it's there. In the last three weeks I'll be checking three or four times a day until it shows up! :D

Yep! I believe that is why I used the word obsessive (regarding me) in an earlier post! I have already checked twice today!:)

Yep! I believe that is why I used the word obsessive (regarding me) in an earlier post! I have already checked twice today!:)

Try the HAL luggage tag printout feature after you check in online. Sometimes your cabin number will be found there before HAL officially notifies you. It worked for me in January. I have read of others who have found their cabin # using this `trick` as well.

Rich

Try the HAL luggage tag printout feature after you check in online. Sometimes your cabin number will be found there before HAL officially notifies you. It worked for me in January. I have read of others who have found their cabin # using this `trick` as well.

Rich

Nice tip! I will check...:)

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I reserved a MM guarantee for the Westerdam I have noticed 2 things

1 I only see 2 cabins label as MM does that mean I will get some type of up grade or is there a lower steerage level I am not a where of? :D

2 the MM is now selling for more the the category M any reason why?:confused:

1 I only see 2 cabins label as MM does that mean I will get some type of up grade or is there a lower steerage level I am not a where of? :D

There's N and NN ... but you won't get one of those. You may get an upgrade, or you may get an MM.

I just got the cabin assignment today for my DS and nephew for our June 12th sailing on the Zuiderdam. I booked a VH guarantee and they got a VB. I was very happy because now we are all on the same deck. That was the first time I have ever booked a guarantee cabin!

I sail in 12 days, and tried the "print your luggage tag" trick. Nothing...

I booked an inside guarantee (I think even NN...:eek:), so I probably won't have any huge surprises waiting for me. I have never gotten an upgrade when booking just a step above stowaway...

Archived