Small Oceania World

Jancruz

I was in my favorite knitting shop in Palm Desert this am and a lovely woman was helping me figure out what I was doing wrong (of course) the subject around the table became about travel and cruises and I asked the gal that was helping me if she ever wrote on CC..her answer "of course I do and I am going on the Marina next year, I am A Knitter and I said I am Jancruz1..we had a great laugh and a fun morning gossiping about all the interesting things that go on CC..I am so glad I met you A Knitter and I hope we travel together soon!!

Regards and see you soon,

Jancruz1

I was in my favorite knitting shop in Palm Desert this am and a lovely woman was helping me figure out what I was doing wrong (of course) the subject around the table became about travel and cruises and I asked the gal that was helping me if she ever wrote on CC..her answer "of course I do and I am going on the Marina next year, I am A Knitter and I said I am Jancruz1..we had a great laugh and a fun morning gossiping about all the interesting things that go on CC..I am so glad I met you A Knitter and I hope we travel together soon!!

Regards and see you soon,

Jancruz1

Jancruz, you are the best!!!! I plan to make that happen. I have read your comments for the past two years and followed your advice. Cruisecritic members, she is not only knowledgeable, but one of the best. Of course, she is a knitter..... I make wearable art. Don and Betsey, Stan and Jim. She is a Love, you will be knitting too!.. What a pleasure to have met you. Hugs Maria

I've been corresponding with Jan for several years and can't wait to put a face to the delightful calls and emails. Knitter, you and Betsy will likely get on well -- while she hasn't done a lot of kitting in the past few years, she is an avid quilter, and if they offer any craft courses in the Art Studio, she will be there.

Quilter? Did I hear you say quilter? I am a quilter.

In fact right now am in the middle of a reno of my sewing/cookbook room, necessitated by a leak in an interior roof drain.

I keep wanting to be a knitter, but not quite making it! My daughter, on the other hand, is a great knitter.

Mo

We cruised with the infamous Jan & Stu back in 2004 :)

They are a great couple

Met them again in LA in 2007 just by chance during an agent's tour of the ship

I was surprised Stu remembered us

we missed meeting the infamous Sharicruz that day...maybe someday;)

Lyn

I truly believe there are no accidents in life and Jan has been a customer in the shop quite some time but we didn't connect until yesterday. I knit wearable art and if any of you knitters out there are familiar with Prism yarn, that is what I knit with. The reason I chose the Rome to Miami on the Marina was to relax on the way home after a Safari. Since we have so many sea days, I will be able to relax this way. Don, tell Betty to bring her needles. My last trip to the Amazon, passengers asked me to please finish what I was making so they could see the results before the trip was over. :)

photo.jpg.e2a40f625fad58447aa2cb2c0570f79f.jpg

Thanks Potterhill and Esther. Didn't mean to get off the subject of the Thread, but it is amazing that we met on land instead of onboard. Happy Memorial to all and to those who have served to keep us safe whether it was today, 40 or 50 years ago. Thanks You.

That chance meeting was, what's the word for it -- seredipitous?

Great story. Makes one wonder who else we might have met but didn't because we turned left rather than right, or the light turned red, or some other chance event happened.

I was taking a walk one Sunday morning on 8th Ave in Manhattan, somewhere in the 20's, and just on a whim turned east rather than west (or vice versa, it doesn't matter which). Half a block down I ran into a woman I had met and spent time with on a Regent Alaska cruise almost a year earlier. If not for that chance turn, we would probably never again have run into each other. This was a "happy" reunion I should add, at least for me (and I hope for her).

Hi. I don't knit, though I have hooked rugs before, small ones.

I like to be around people knitting and crocheting, though. It reminds me of cats purring, which is also very relaxing.

We have been thinking about the 11-24-2011 T-A in addition to some other cruises, and I still haven't gotten around to acting on that wish. Do you suppose there are any midship, lower-deck cabins left?

Any groups with cabin space?

Speaking of small worlds, we remember having a nice chat with some folks from Palm Desert two years ago on the Symphony Jazz Cruise out of Los Angeles. Any chance any of you were there?

Hi all you knitters

I co-own a yarn shop in Tucson - my favorite knitting shop in the Palm Desert area is actually in La Quinta -- I am hoping to see some fellow knitters on a future cruise -- best way to spend those sea days

Hi. I don't knit, though I have hooked rugs before, small ones.

I like to be around people knitting and crocheting, though. It reminds me of cats purring, which is also very relaxing.

We have been thinking about the 11-24-2011 T-A in addition to some other cruises, and I still haven't gotten around to acting on that wish. Do you suppose there are any midship, lower-deck cabins left?

Any groups with cabin space?

Speaking of small worlds, we remember having a nice chat with some folks from Palm Desert two years ago on the Symphony Jazz Cruise out of Los Angeles. Any chance any of you were there?

Not me either, what ship was it on?? Might be some cabins left on that cruise..

Jancruz1

Not me either, what ship was it on?? Might be some cabins left on that cruise..

Jancruz1

The Marina 11-24-11 T-A. There are cabins available, but I am looking for a good price/amenities on lower-deck midship cabins. It would be our first T-A, and I want to increase the odds of a stable ride.

The Marina 11-24-11 T-A. There are cabins available, but I am looking for a good price/amenities on lower-deck midship cabins. It would be our first T-A, and I want to increase the odds of a stable ride.

The only low mid ship cabins are C Cat & they go really fast ;)

Lowest passenger cabin on the Marina are Deck 7 unlike the R ships where you you can get deck 3 .

Lyn

We are waitlisted for a C category cabin on the 11-14-11 Marina crossing, and also waitlisted for a B4 on the same crossing. We do have confirmed a B-3, which was our 3rd choice.

We made our reservations 4-5-10.

Archived