Small Oceania World

Jancruz

Say it's KNOT So!

The Old name was such a PEARL!

This is like a NEEDLE in my Heart!

:D

I don't know which one of you wrote this, but you might want to take up knitting. It screams "I NEED a hobby".

See you on board Marina. This is going to be FUN.

Marilyn

O.k., with the chance I'll be banned for life from CC, my better sense is telling me not to post that now we have a couple of knitters, a couple of quilters and a hooker. Running away....................fast!

O.k., with the chance I'll be banned for life from CC, my better sense is telling me not to post that now we have a couple of knitters, a couple of quilters and a hooker. Running away....................fast!

And.... the knitting police:)

Quilter? Did I hear you say quilter? I am a quilter.

In fact right now am in the middle of a reno of my sewing/cookbook room, necessitated by a leak in an interior roof drain.

I keep wanting to be a knitter, but not quite making it! My daughter, on the other hand, is a great knitter.

Mo

Betsy and Mo, I just got on this thread and discovered you're quilters. I'm also an avid quilter/fiber artist. We're all on the Marina Maiden Voyage, in January, 2011, I believe. Maybe we can get together some kind of "sea challenge" during the trip, as we have a lovely art studio and seven days, nonstop, at sea. And all you knitters and hookers, you can join too. We can use each other's "scraps." Could be fun!

Kay

OK is this the old joke: "A couple of knitters, a couple of quilters and a hooker walk into a bar........" ?

"....and one has a parrot on her head, the other a talking frog, and the hooker has....."

But you have to look through that hole in the wall, to see what the hooker is doing with that chicken ! :eek:

crazy_chicken_190x320.jpg

Good job if you viewed my profile. The only thing missing from that picture would be of course, knitting needles.

I've been corresponding with Jan for several years and can't wait to put a face to the delightful calls and emails. Knitter, you and Betsy will likely get on well -- while she hasn't done a lot of kitting in the past few years, she is an avid quilter, and if they offer any craft courses in the Art Studio, she will be there.

My wife is an avid quilter as well. I'm sure both women would enjoy the Art Studio experience together but we are on SFO-MIA cruise after yours. In fact, we are in the same port, B4 cabin you will be vacating.

I swear I read "....the hooker had a piece of WOOD sticking out of her mouth...." Wood??? Now that I re-read it, it makes perfect sense that she would have wool coming from her mouth. If you followed the wool line, you'd see it was attached to.......................

Shall we throw a beader into the fray? (I really hate to see this thread unravel.) Beading is what I’ve been concentrating on for the past several years. I ran out of closets and bathtubs in which to store my fabric and yarn, so I had to take up a new art form. However, I’m not too sure how wise it would be to attempt beadwork onboard; can you imagine chasing loose beads all over the deck? Hmm, maybe cruising is why I stockpiled all that wonderful yarn. Hope to see some of you on board one of these days. We'll have to have some get togethers in the new art studio!

Marilyn

If your bathtub is full of yarn, I hope you have a shower somewhere.:eek: Beads in the bathtub are a natural, especially if they're "bath beads."

I have a sicko vision of little old ladies (me being one) going head over heels on beads that are rolling down the halls. (Seriously, it sounds like a lovely hobby and I would love seeing your work.)

So, knitters, quilters, a beader and a hooker. Hmmm, "The hooker wore a sweater she knitted and was sewing her quilt and adhering beads at strategic points for decoration." Sounds good to me.

Archived