Dress Code for 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cruise

krman99

Headed out on 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cruise on RCCL next week. I know about the dress code while ROME but what about the other ports. Is shorts and a nice shirts ok. What do you guys recommend

Headed out on 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cruise on RCCL next week. I know about the dress code while ROME but what about the other ports. Is shorts and a nice shirts ok. What do you guys recommend

We just returned from Venice 7 night R/T, shorts and shirt w/zip was great for Greece, Croatia we were advised to wear long pants, shorts in Venice were common as long as you were not visiting churches.

As another said all holy places we visited in Italy and Turkey had some dress code requirements.

For around town touring in the summer that is about as safe a topic as what is appropriate versus accepted in the dining room on formal night. ;)

We just returned from Venice 7 night R/T, shorts and shirt w/zip was great for Greece, Croatia we were advised to wear long pants, shorts in Venice were common as long as you were not visiting churches.

Shirt with zipper???:confused:

Croatia we were advised to wear long pants,

Sorry, but this made me smile - see attached photo of a 'tourist' filming in the centre of Dubrovnik (Croatia) on a cruise we took a couple of years ago - including popping into churches to film :eek:

1765911627_cruise5061.jpg.5cc27899a9cc95ccf1215bb09e1d2cea.jpg

If you're a guy, try & find some cargo shorts that cover all or part of your knee, you will be able to go just about anywhere, (other than the sistine chapel) in those, lots of church will have a picture outside showing what's accetable, for men it seems long shorts ok, above the knee no, If you are female, I'd recommend a cool skirt & tee or tank top with a big scarf in your bag/backpack. You'll be cooler than in shorts, capris, able to go everywhere (make sure it covers most of your knee) & can use the scarf to cover shoulders in churches. Have fun!

Sorry, but this made me smile - see attached photo of a 'tourist' filming in the centre of Dubrovnik (Croatia) on a cruise we took a couple of years ago - including popping into churches to film :eek:

:eek: Thanks for the laugh! :D

My smile would be a "BIG GRIN" from ear to ear!:D He's better dressed than what we saw on a cruise stop at orient beach on saint maarten in 2008. If I could post that picture you'd all be ROTFLYAO.:p What memories bring

that is just not right :eek:

:D

What a look!

I wonder if he was European. The men love their speedo's over there though I didn't think it extended to street wear. I remember being on the beach in the south of France quite a few years ago and no matter how old or what the body shape the men wore tiny speedo's and women of all shapes, sizes and ages wore tiny bikini's. There is something not quite right in seeing an 80 year old man in skimpy speedo's.

Archived