Help with porthole

Chris64

Need some help from those of you that have sailed in a porthole window cabin before. Am looking at a porthole on the Dream (last cruise was a wrap around) so besides the shock any advice, good, bad?

Thanks

I assume you are talking about a PT?? The old 5As. On Dream I think you only have the choice of 2 decks, Riveria and Main, so not a ton of difference. Get one as aft as you can, less movement?

Iv seen some ask about portholes and turned out they were looking at a 1A porthole that dont have twin beds necessarily.

I woud be interested to hear responses as well.

DH and I are booked on the Dream in September in a cove. But this is a splurge cruise for us so I have been looking at PT's for future cruises.

Living in Jacksonville, we are open to sailing from any port from Charleston to Alabama and any Florida port. I'm honestly not familiar with the different classes of ships and don't know if PT's are the same thru-out or not.

So please, I would love to hear the thoughts, experiences and recomendations of anyone who has sailed in the PT cat on any CCL ship.

not sure about the Dream, but we did a porthole on the sensation, and the it was kind of like a bay window, My girlfriend enjoyed sitting in it and looking out. Its really not bad for an inexpensive cabin!! go for it

We've had porthole cabins on our only 2 cruises (and booked porthole for upcoming cruise). I think for the price, they are absolutely wonderful! :D

My husband thinks we'd be fine in an inside cabin, but when a porthole is the same (or nearly) the same price.... and I don't mind being at the front of the ship.

not sure about the Dream, but we did a porthole on the sensation, and the it was kind of like a bay window, My girlfriend enjoyed sitting in it and looking out. Its really not bad for an inexpensive cabin!! go for it

This sounds like it would be perfect for our girl's cruise in March.

Port holes offer very limited viewing. More for just letting the light in if that's important to you. You can make out a thing or two but not much. Don't know that I'd pay much more for a porthole than an inside.

I would advise not doing the porthole rooms if you have motion sickness issues. You are all the way forward where you get to experience "the elevator ride" if it gets rough:eek:. ( a rapid up and down motion as the ship pitches in bad weather).

I would do one for just myself, But no way for dear spouse, who can turn green in the forward part of the ship.

We had issues in a forward cabin on Destiny and that was no way near as forward as a port hole room. Rooms all the way aft we are fine.

Not worth saving a few $ if you are going to be sick.

Tom in Long Beach

Thanks to all of you that posted. Went ahead and took the chance and booked it. We are very easy to please, and (up until now) have never had any problems with motion sickness, even when we sailed thru a tropical storm.

Thanks again!

Now the countdown begins... :)

Make sure you don't have twin beds that cannot be put together. I booked a room with porthole windows where this was the case and I had to upgrade! Twin beds with my husband is not my idea of a good vacation.

Already checked that out. Our beds will make into one. We are cruising Valentines and sleeping in seperate beds would not quite be what I had in mind...:D

The window/porthole is to let light in...that's about it...there's not much of a "view", at least, not compared to a balcony!

I didn't know that those were available. http://www.cruisecheap.com/cruisestaterooms_popup.asp?ShipID=54223&CategoryCode=PT

I had a ocean view that I enjoyed very much:

Are the less expensive? How do they compare (price wise) to a inside cabin? :confused:

I didn't know that those were available. XXXXX

I had a ocean view that I enjoyed very much:

Are the less expensive? How do they compare (price wise) to a inside cabin? :confused:

I x'd out your first link in case it is a TA link, didnt want to take the chance on breaking rules.

A PT is priced the same as a 4A currently ..they used to be 5As and priced higher ... so it ebbs and flows and changes with Carnival over the years. Three changes. In between the 5A and PT there was another change to the inside category that it was on the same deck, so it was higher then too, than now for higher decks.

I x'd out your first link in case it is a TA link, didnt want to take the chance on breaking rules.

A PT is priced the same as a 4A currently ..they used to be 5As and priced higher ... so it ebbs and flows and changes with Carnival over the years. Three changes. In between the 5A and PT there was another change to the inside category that it was on the same deck, so it was higher then too, than now for higher decks.

Does Carnival list the prices or do you have to call? Didn't mean to plug any company just the sample of the category. Sorry! and Thank's

Does Carnival list the prices or do you have to call? Didn't mean to plug any company just the sample of the category. Sorry! and Thank's

As said already, if they arent sold out they will be listed as PT

Look on deck plans and you can see them near the front of ships, where the hull starts to curve so they cant put in a full window.

Archived