Duty Free shopping in the Copenhagen Terminal

clojacks

Does anyone know if there is a duty free shop at the Copenhagen terminal that sells wines and booze before you board? We sailed on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan in April and were really apprehensive as the store salesgirls kept telling us we could buy booze in the shop and carry it on board in our carry-on bags....but we were able too. Nothing like having my own personal Sapphire and Tonic available in the room. Does anyone have any knowledge of the ability to do this in Copenhagen?

Does anyone know if there is a duty free shop at the Copenhagen terminal that sells wines and booze before you board? We sailed on the Caribbean Princess out of San Juan in April and were really apprehensive as the store salesgirls kept telling us we could buy booze in the shop and carry it on board in our carry-on bags....but we were able too. Nothing like having my own personal Sapphire and Tonic available in the room. Does anyone have any knowledge of the ability to do this in Copenhagen?

suggested that you get duty free in airport on your way over. they bring it to the plane. it is okay to bring on board flight if it is non stop to Copenhagen. liquior is very expensive in Denmark. whatever, you do have a great holiday...................

Not sure if it is duty free or not but the prices for boxed Italian wines were reasonable. It is located in the luggage area - right near the carousels. We were able to pick up a couple of boxes that lasted us thru the cruise. It wasn't great wine but we enjoyed it on our balcony before dinner (where we did buy some excellent wines).

The Copenhagen cruise terminal is a one-story building that is really a single room with a lot of chairs. No stores at all. They did serve water. And it was an easy embarkation, especially if you don't arrive too early to the port (unlike those who came straight from the airport at 7 or 8 am),, and if you are platinum (as I am) or better.

If you must, buy any liquor at your outbound airport duty free or from duty free on the flight.

Just curious......we often got on planes with duty free stuff.......like Shannon, loaded

with Waterford. Now that carryons are so limited, I wonder how that will be handled.

Over the water probably wouldn't be a problem, but how about your flights in the US.

In the case of liquor, I guess it will have been long gone before the question arises.

Archived