Anybody else still woozy?

I'm a first time cruiser--just got off the Enchantment cruise to Bermuda yesterday. It's been 30 hours since I disembarked and I'm still feeling pretty woozy. How long is this supposed to last?! :confused: I never actually got nauseous and threw up on the cruise but I had a pretty rough go of it--especially that last sea day when we went through some rough water. A week before the cruise, I had a bad bout of vertigo so that may have been a contributing factor. My doctor had prescribed Meclizine (same thing in Bonine) and that took care of the vertigo. I wanted to be prepared for the worst on the cruise so I took Bonine (which I already had), the Meclizine, a Sea Band, as well as ginger pills. I used them all at some point on the cruise. I guess at least one of them helped to keep me from throwing up, but are they supposed to help with the equilibrium problem too? How long will it take to get my land legs back??? I'm still swaying...

Don't worry, it will go away! I get that too and it usually lasts about 3 days. I've noticed that if I rock back and forth, I feel better. It looks kind of funny at work though. :)

My husband and my mom don't have that problem but my dad and I both do. There's even a name for it - Mal de Debarquement.

I get it every time I'm on board .... Have discovered if it's a 4 day cruise I get it for 4 days after the cruise. Just came off a 7 day cruise and yup! you got it lasted 7 days!!! Kinda brings back good memories!!!

This may not be related to what you are experiencing, but in my case everytime i got off a cruise I felt that way for a few days. I just found out a few months ago through a regular physical exam, that my sugar has been a little on the high side, not high enough to be diabetic, but over normal limits. I got on a low sugar diet right away and in this cruise I ate all diet desserts, watched my carbs, no sodas and no alcoholic drinks :(. It wasnt much fun. :cool: Carnival only had one sugar free dessert, I was surprised becasue usually on RCI they have a few to choose from, but I always ate the one they did have. This is the only time I have not felt that rocky woozy feeling as I did in other cruises.

I always have that feeling after I get off the ship. It gradually diminishes but I've felt it for as long as 2 weeks. Nothing at all that deters me from anything, and not nausea at all - just some slight "sway". I like to think of it as a little extra souvenier to remind me of what a great time I recently had on the cruise!

I don't get seasick (or haven't so far, knocking wood) but that out-of-kilter feeling usually stays with me for about a week. I don't have nausea, I just feel like I'm still on the ship (which is odd since I don't even get that rocking sensation when I AM on the ship).

I've always felt this after a cruise, and the longer the cruise, the longer I feel it! Last year six of us went on a 14 day Transatlantic cruise, and the other five all were feeling the waves on at least one day, using pills, patches, or seabands. I never had the least bit of nausea or any other bad feeling while on board, but, boy, did I feel like I was moving when on land! Walking back down many steps from the castle at the top of the hill in Vigo, Spain, I had to hold onto my husband's shoulder, because those steps sure felt like they were moving! That feeling lasted for about 12 days after I got home, and I admit that I was a little sad when it departed! The others felt nothing but terra firma on land after the cruise. I guess we were all bound to feel the movement one way or another!

Google 'debarkation syndrome'. I get it. The rougher the sea, the longer it lasts. I feel it more when I'm in small spaces (bathrooms, closets,...:eek:). Fresh air makes it better. The worse case for me was 3 weeks, the least was 1 day. But I don't care if I had it for 3 months, it's totally worth it!

Archived