Military Uniform on Formal Night?

SavFam06

So why don't you try using the ignore feature it works really well.

First, because the poster was wrong.

Second, they refuse to admit they were wrong and admit they don't know what they were posting about.

Third, I hate seeing a person who has most probably never spent a day in uniform trying to tell active service members about the proper wear of the uniform.

If you think it is being overly sensitive then so be it, you will just have to learn to live with it or use the feature mentioned above.

HEY HEY HEY......this is a Feel GOOD thread the first I have seen in a while one almost completely bare of negative comments.....let's keep it that way Pretty Please.

My hubby wore his dress kit to the first formal dinner on our Glory cruise, this was just before they geared down a notch from "Formal" to Elegant". He got a few looks and nods but being as it was a Canadian Naval dress uniform and hubby's a bit older, some people may have thought he was with the ship's crew :p. For the second formal evening he wore a sports jacket and tie. On our Celebrity cruise he wore it both formal nights and someone did buy him a drink one evening. Since the change at Carnival, he's contemplating not bringing it for our November Dream cruise, might make him feel a bit over dressed. Of course the thing is wool so it gets a bit hot in it after awhile.

Boy, you really like dictating instructions to posters, don't you? :rolleyes:

I'm not familiar with you so what would make me think I'd want to ignore some "Goof's" post?

So asking you a question is dictating. Must have missed that in the definition of dictating, but then I'm not "Perfect" so I will just use my suggestion, note it was a suggestion. Reading what a wonderful skill.

HEY HEY HEY......this is a Feel GOOD thread the first I have seen in a while one almost completely bare of negative comments.....let's keep it that way Pretty Please.

Well it was pleasant for a little while, didn't think this one would get negative. I'm going to add to yours and say pretty, pretty please!!!

So asking you a question is dictating. Must have missed that in the definition of dictating, but then I'm not "Perfect" so I will just use my suggestion, note it was a suggestion. Reading what a wonderful skill.

You missed the point. Like he said, how would he know to ignore you if he hadn't yet read any of your snotty condescending posts? Wow, that was such a crime repeating what I had read on here about not drinking. If it's untrue, the military will ignore the post and drink anyway if they so desire. Quit making a big deal about it. :rolleyes:

So, if you see a uniformed servicemember, you can give them a drink - but if they are wearing BDU's, ask them first.

Will do. But how will I know what a BDU is?

Assume if they are sitting at a bar and already

drinking, that everything is okay.

Will do. But how will I know what a BDU is?

Assume if they are sitting at a bar and already

drinking, that everything is okay.

BDU - battle dress uniform - cammies, fatigues, utility uniform. I doubt if being on a cruise you'd have to worry about seeing BDUs.

My husband is a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy...other than his uniforms he owns NOTHING that would resemble something formal or elegant.

Have you spotted military dress uniforms on board?

ABSOLUTELY! In my humble opinion, military uniforms are about as formal as you can get! Not only do they look sharp, but they represent all of the men and women in our military that put their lives on the line so that we CAN cruise!

By all means...wear that uniform and wear it proudly!

:cool:Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived