Military Uniform on Formal Night?

SavFam06

of all the people that get VIP boarding (I know this can be a hot topic) I think that ALL Military past and present should get VIP Boarding :D Just a small Thank You to them for their service. I LOVE a man in Dress Blues. Husband loved his Army Dress Blues....I think the a Marine in his Full Dress Blues are amazing :p

Most definitely, YES! And like many others have stated, not only will I buy him a drink, but you also.

Many people don't understand how hard it is on not only the service member to be gone/deployed so often, but also how hard it is on the spouse too. Thanks to both of you.

My husband is a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy...other than his uniforms he owns NOTHING that would resemble something formal or elegant.

Have you spotted military dress uniforms on board?

Sure have, just stay close to your man;), cause the uniform seems to attract the alot of attention from the ladies.:D

Just sailed on Freedom a couple weeks ago and saw a soldier wearing his class A's on formal night and I thought it was great. He was there with his wife and young kids and you could tell they were proud to be seen with him. Yes, tell DH to wear his uniform and thanks for the service.

of all the people that get VIP boarding (I know this can be a hot topic) I think that ALL Military past and present should get VIP Boarding :D Just a small Thank You to them for their service. I LOVE a man in Dress Blues. Husband loved his Army Dress Blues....I think the a Marine in his Full Dress Blues are amazing :p

I think they deserve VIP treatment.

My husband is a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy...other than his uniforms he owns NOTHING that would resemble something formal or elegant.

We have seen it on every cruise, encourage your DH to wear his proudly. DH has brought his Dress Blues on all of ours except the last one since we were really trying to keep our packing to a minimum.

And probably worth a few free drinks.:D

I would defiantly wear it... However since we are flying in from Alaska, cost of luggage would go up considerably for 2 uniforms... DH and DS. This is the main reason we always show up in a nice polo and slacks. $$$ They don't pay us enough in the Military. :rolleyes:

The last time we were on the Sprit there was a group of young U.S. Marines in their dress blues at the Captain’s cocktail party. The Italian captain made a point of recognizing them and he asked them to stand. He went on to say some very complimentary things about the U.S. military and how grateful he was for the fine work they have done and continue to do in the world. The standing ovation was thunderous.

The Marines and their ladies were sitting down front and they must have had to shake a couple of hundred hands each as they left the party. People were clamoring to get in position to express their gratitude. Not a dry eye in the house.

It was one of the most moving things I’ve ever witnessed.

By all means wear the uniform proudly.

(I’m not too sure about the Yacht Club Commodore – not quite the same thing) :rolleyes:

This has to be one of the most refreshing threads I've read in awhile, it's so nice to see all the positive remarks. Reading the posts even made me teary eyed. Yes, tell him to wear with pride!!! You both enjoy & have a wonderful cruise!!!

I'm happy this thread popped up. My wife is wanting me to wear my Fire Department Class A uniform "dress Blues" for formal nights. My only argument to her is I don't want to look like the odd ball.

Do you guys think this would be acceptable?

I see quite a few uniforms. Even retired service members wear thiers. It is nice to see and I have thought about wearing mine. I need some new shoes and a tie, plus I need to buy new ribbons. We should be very proud of our service people, they make up less than 1% of our population and need a big hand.

I would defiantly wear it... However since we are flying in from Alaska, cost of luggage would go up considerably for 2 uniforms... DH and DS. This is the main reason we always show up in a nice polo and slacks. $$$ They don't pay us enough in the Military. :rolleyes:

A lot of airlines have free baggage for military on leave..have your DH & DS check with the airlin

As a AF veteran I would like to thank the OP husband and all other active, retired and prior military for their service.

I see quite a few uniforms. Even retired service members wear thiers. It is nice to see and I have thought about wearing mine. I need some new shoes and a tie, plus I need to buy new ribbons. We should be very proud of our service people, they make up less than 1% of our population and need a big hand.

My DH would have to call Jenny Craig to fit back in to his dress blues :eek: He can still wear the hat :cool:

I personally would feel honored to be seated with any member of the military proudly wearing their uniform!

Archived