Military Uniform on Formal Night?

SavFam06

My husband is a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy...other than his uniforms he owns NOTHING that would resemble something formal or elegant.

Have you spotted military dress uniforms on board?

My husband is a Jeans and T-shirt kind of guy...other than his uniforms he owns NOTHING that would resemble something formal or elegant.

Just about every cruise I've been on, I see a few with their Military uniform on, ,

Yes, my son wore his Air Force dress uniform for both Elegant Nights on our cruise last May. Lots of nice comments were made by other passengers regarding his service.:D

Thanks to all of you for your quick replies!

It is our first cruise and will be MUCH needed time to reconnect (and celebrate 15 years of marriage) after a year long deployment and before a PCS move.

Last thing he wants to do is buy clothes he will never wear again and worry about what to wear to begin with....

Many times. And they become the center of many conversations. Well dressed, attractive people are MAGNETS.

Yes please encourage him to wear it. Nothing like seeing a distiguished man/woman in uniform. I know my husband for one (retired Navy) ALWAYS buys a drink for someone in uniform.

One cruise we had a group of Marines and they looked incredible in the dress uniforms, made people stand a little straighter when they walked by - their pride was infectious. On another cruise there was a man in a French Foriegn Legion uniform - that got peoples attention.

Yup. And the guys and ladies in their dress uniforms always look fantastic.

Every time I see someone in a Military Uniform on the ship I say: "Thank you for serving. May I buy you a drink?"

That could be a cheap cruise! He may decide to just wear his uniform when outside of the cabin

Just kidding he is a humble guy and would probably not take anyone up on that offer.

We had a guy who was a Naval Reserve Captain onboard one cruise. He looked better than the ship's Captain as his uniform came from a custom tailor. I have even seen the Commodore of a yacht club wear his club uniform for "Cruise Elegant" nights. It was not out of place.

Doc

This thread brought tears to my eyes. My father is former Marine, and worked for the Federal Gov't (US State Dept.) for 20 years, and even though he retired from the State Dept. about 6 years ago, he has worked as a civilian contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan ever since his "retirement". I am proud of our Armed Forces, and I would love to see our military men and women in their dress uniforms on my upcoming cruise, and would want to thank and shake the hand of every one I see.

Yes, on almost every cruise we have been on. As a 10 year USN vet, it always makes this old sailor feel good to see the wonderful young men and women serving us today all decked out in uniform. I always try to make a point of thanking them for all they do for us.

I must admit, my husband is a very handsome man (and HOT!!!)...not just in his Dress Blues...

I better not show him this thread...he would not like the thought of getting all kinds of attention, but I love to see my man all cleaned up in his uniform and am quite proud of him and his accomplishments...out of the last 6 years he's been gone for 4....not easy...we NEED this cruise!!!!

Does the uniform still fit?:confused: I know plenty of NCO's who had to go to alterations at the last minute and get new pants when we had to be in service dress. Make him model it for you now....

Nice try guessing my husbands rank....Sure wish I could have him model it for me! He is on a 12 month long deployment right now...but his weight has not varied more than 5 pounds in 15 years of marriage...so the uniform will probably fit the same way it always has!

It doesn't matter if anyone has "spotted" a Uniform on any ship! Your husband should definitely wear his uniform, proudly!! I wouldn't be surprised if he got an ovation. Thanks to your DH for his service to our Country to protect us.

Enjoy your wonderful cruise!

Archived