Cruise deposit ?

Jimjam

While preparing to book a 9 day cruise for May 2011, I was informed the deposit for a $3500 per couple cost the deposit will be $604.00..In the past, a deposit was only $100 PP.

To tie up over $600 for a cruise departing a year later is a bit much.. Will pay the deposit anyway. It's pay me now or pay me later..I would just like to pay it later and keep my money working for me. Any experiences like this ?? Thanks in advance..

I think the deposit is only $100 per person if you have Future Cruise Credits, which are each worth $100. Otherwise, I believe the deposit has always been a percentage of the fare, although I know I've heard of various travel agencies having "deposit sales" from time to time.

Look on the bright(?) side: interests rates are so low that how much is that $600 really going to be working for you anyway?! And remember to buy more FCCs next March when you sail!

Many TA's run the $100 deposit special many times throughout the year. I would guess you ran into that the last time you booked. Even without booking with an FCC when they offer these deals, the deposit is lowered.

If you look around, I am sure you can find another TA running that special, there always seem to be one around. Good Luck!

You need to purchase some Future Cruise Credits the next time you cruise. With Princess they are $100. One will be the deposit for you to take a cruise. Your spouse, partner, traveling companion, etc would need one in their name.

In addition to the $100 deposit, you get an Onboard Credit of $25 to $150 depending on the length of the cruise and whether you book an inside or outside cabin.

Ask your TA if their agency has any upcoming or current Princess Cruise Night promos? Have them contact you when they do.:)

Reduced deposit and usually OBC to go with it, on these sales.:)

Any TA that books a lot of Princess , will have several Princess Cruise Nights throughout the year.;)

Archived