Drinking water--how served?

I know I've read over and over again that the drinking water on board the ship tastes fine, but am just wondering how it is served. Can you get it in a large-lidded cup? Will they fill your own personal water cups/bottles? Do you ever bring flavor packets to add to the water?

I'm hoping to avoid purchasing the soda packages for my teens but want to make sure that the water is appealing and easily available.

Thanks for your help!

You can get it in a glass, put it in your own bottle...however you want! If you draw water from the bathroom tap, you'll need to either add ice or stick it in the fridge...ship's water never runs cold. But, once chilled, it's good!

In the eateries, you will get a glass of ice water.

sure, you can bring flavoring, if you want.

Even if you don't get the soda package, you can buy soda by the can, for a once in awhile thing!

I know I've read over and over again that the drinking water on board the ship tastes fine, but am just wondering how it is served. Can you get it in a large-lidded cup? Will they fill your own personal water cups/bottles? Do you ever bring flavor packets to add to the water?

I'm hoping to avoid purchasing the soda packages for my teens but want to make sure that the water is appealing and easily available.

Thanks for your help!

There are self-serve water dispensers in the Windjammer (buffet area). If you want to bring bottles, you can fill them yourselves. There are no lids for the plastic cups, but there really is no need for them. The bartenders will also give cups of ice water when requested.

I have seen plenty of people add flavor to their water. And I have seen plenty of people bring their own water containers in sizes from gym-type bottles to the big gallon-sized pails.

I find the water on the ship quite delicious. Other than wonderful, frozen, alcoholic beverages, water is all I drink on a cruise.

They ask you not to refill your water bottle directly from the spout. It's not hygienic. Please fill your bottle or vessel from glasses; this is why the crew fills your glasses for you and allows you to then take them to the table or your room. Lemonade, iced tea, juices, and water are all served in glasses to prevent unhygienic practices.

Archived