Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

• 2 weeks later...

I've done the Isla Passion excursion thru carnival a few years back with my husband. Did Nachi last Nov with my son.

The differences that I had was at Nachi I did not have to go to the bar once. I was waited on by my waiter, Carlos.

Isla Passion you will be getting up and down from your beach chair getting your own drinks. Unless, its changed since then. Also, the buffet was nothing to write home about.

I also liked the beach chairs at Nachi better. Isla Passion chairs sat on the sand. Did not like that. Both beaches are beautiful. Isla Passion was furthest away.

So you see my choice is for Nachi.

Hi everyone!

Just went to Nachi Cocum on Tuesday June 15th! I was there in November and had to go back! Loved it again!! It is well worth every penny. It is not crowded at all where Paradise Beach has rows and rows and rows of beach chairs! Carlos was our waiter both times and he does an excellent job! We did tip him on the way out! We were a huge group with a bunch of high school graduates! Let's just say they probably lost money with them kids! All the parents had a wonderful time just relaxing on the beach or in the water with drink(s) in hand :). My hubby and son rented jet skis ($60/30 minutes) and did parasailing ($60 per person for 15 minute ride!). They loved it. Great time!!!!

I have also made reservations for the month of NOVEMBER.. What was the ocean water temp like at that time of year?? My kids are really wanting to swim while there.. If it rains, that will be ok, but I read where the pool there was too cold as well as the hot tub and the ocean water was too chilled to enjoy and I believe the review was dated November... Can anyone give me any reviews on the ocean temp at this time of year please? I know it will depend on cold fronts or tropical storms etc tho.. We have excursions to see the Ruins and Zip Lining on our other 2 stops so this will be their only BEACH time on cruise so hopefully this one day will be sunny and water warm :-)

The website we used both times was cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. On the lower right hand side is where you apply and they will send you a confirmation.

I would like to go to Nachi, but I am concerned that my teenagers will be bored to death. I was considering Paradise or Mr. Sanchos because they have the water toys.

Were their vendors at Nachi that would come up to your beach chairs and try and sell you something?

Do you know what the drinking age is there by the way? I have an 18 and 19 year old.

Thanks!

I would like to go to Nachi, but I am concerned that my teenagers will be bored to death. I was considering Paradise or Mr. Sanchos because they have the water toys.

Were their vendors at Nachi that would come up to your beach chairs and try and sell you something?

Do you know what the drinking age is there by the way? I have an 18 and 19 year old.

Thanks!

We were at Nachi on Aug 2 and had 4 18 year olds in our group and they had a blast. There is jet skiing, parasailing for them to do or just hanging in the pool or beach. We went to a beach with toys last time and found that the kids use it one time and then don't use them again.

There are some venders (massage, snorkle tour, jet skis) who will ask once and not return. The only other vender I saw was when you arrive they take a group photo and ten come around and ask if you want to buy it ($10).

The drinking age is 18.

I was under the impression from reading some other posts that Nachi is only all inclusive for drinks and that food was a la carte. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or are drinks and food included in the $50 price?

We went to an AI beach a few years ago in Cozumel but for about an hour all they wanted to do was sell timeshares, does anyone have an idea which beach resort that was? :confused: I can't remember.

If I didn't have 5 teens with us would not have done Paradise Beach. Water wasn't as clear as I have seen it in the past. Really rocky, I would do the others. My husband and I are both in our mid 40's.

Is the entrance to Mr. Sancho's beach rocky or sandy?

Nachi looks sandy in pictures. true?

I agree Paradise entrance is rocky...there is supposed to be an area that is less rocky, didn't find it. But we did really enjoy our 2 visits there and they Bar Hop Bus last year.

Those are fantastic pictures!!!!

Couple of question if you don't mind (will be there next month):

It looks pretty low key..is there any music playing anywhere (especially the pool area)?

Do you tip your server at the end and what happens if you use the pool bar, do you tip them as well? I like to tip where appropriate..one of those people that tip when I get my soda, even with the soda card!

Was the beach water very warm?? I heard they have mats you can rent to float on and use on your beach chair? Do they provide towels or do you have to bring your own?

I assume the pool is fresh water?

DO they have lockers or is it safe to put your things on your chair? Changing room?

Are their lots of vendors there that come up to you all day??

I assume the water is fresh water???

How was the food and what was your favorite, including drinks??? Do they make what you want (Kiss on the Lips, CocoLoco, etc.).

How much was the taxi each way??

THANKS!!! :D :D

Just got back from Nachi. We were there June 12th and it was AMAZING! There was 4 couples that went. And it was all of our first time there. I was the main planner and really had a hard time deciding between Nachi and Paradise Beach. I am SO GLAD that we choose Nachi. It was very peaceful and deserted. We felt like the only ones there. 2 of us even fell asleep there on the beach. We had Carlos and he did a Wonderful job. Never seemed to aggravate us...but I swear to you I could think "hum...I think I want another drink.." and he would show up. We went to lunch around 11am and sat down to order and we filled up on nachos and our appitizers, so we asked Carlos if we could go back to the beach and come back when we got hungry again and he said No problem. He also offered to bring our food to the beach. The pool was very relaxing to and a jacuzy in it next to the swim up bar. We are not big drinkers but did have a few. We felt like we ABSOLUTLEY got our $$$$$ worth. To me....the gaucamole was worth it alone. We ordered what we wanted to and never got turned away (so ppl only said you can order 1 app. 1 entree and 1 desert) Also..MUST TRY coconut ice cream and vanilla Ice cream. I could go on and on about this place. I was in your same shoes 2 weeks ago trying to decide where to go. I would def. go back her if it's me and the hubby and we wanted quiet time again. We had a great time.

P.S-We had such great service that all of our party even tipped our waitor MORE! GREAT SLICE OF HEAVEN!

O.k., this sounds like a sure winner for me! How do we get to Nachi, how much is the taxi? What time did you leave to make sure you were back in plenty of time? That's the only thing that's worrying me. Thanks.

Lindsay

Does anyone know if you pay the $53 for the tequila tasting at Mr Sanchos, does that also include the AI to the beach/food/drinks?

I would say that it is a separate deal since AI alone is $50 without the Tequila tasting.

I have also made reservations for the month of NOVEMBER.. What was the ocean water temp like at that time of year?? My kids are really wanting to swim while there.. :-)

Have cruised several times in November and water temp has been great...and I'm a wienie and can't stand cold water. Our one cruise in March, Cozumel...water was too cold. Hadn't had time to warm up yet.

I was wondering if anyone has booked through the http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/ website.

wish me luck, requested reservation for 4 today. The website said they'd get back to you within 24 hours.

Not sure how many ships will be in port with us. We'll be there on the Dream on 10/18

We arrive in Cozumel at 11Am on October 21 on Carnival Inspiration. I know that Nachi is only open 9-5, so will it pay for us to go first arriving at 11 AM on the ship? What are your thoughts? I'd love to give it a try. :)

Remember the 9-5 is based on Cozumel's time - your ship's time will be different depending on where you were sailing from. I think Coz was 1 hr. behind our ship's time so that would make the resort open until 6:00 pm on your watch.

Am I understanding you correctly, this was a private tour to Nachi, if so how do I book it. Thanks for the help. We are going next May, and I am having a hard time choosing a beach. I have been to Playa, w ould like to try something different. There is 6 of us, who are all beach people, and enjoy a drink ages 50 plus......If anyone can provide suggestions we would appreciate it.

Archived