Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

This place sounds amazing. Is lunch and drinks included in the $50/pp price? Do they arrange the taxi pick up or do you just go get in a taxi and off you go?

lunch and unlimited drinks...you pay taxi. I understand it is aprox $4 pp each way

haven't been there before....fingers crossed they have room for us on 10/18...I'm a little late booking. Anxiously awaiting reply. It said 24 hours, but I think I may not hear until Monday since I just sent in my request last night. I doubt they work on Sunday.

I did check and there are going to be 4 ships in port the day with are there with an extimated passenger load of almost 11,000 :eek:

wish me luck at this late date!

I promise to come back on here after the cruise and let you know how we liked it. 4 adults 50's/early 60's

Did Nachi Cocum - they are NOT all good because this place was NOT a resort - it is a sliver of a beach - you do get a hard plastic chair - and drinks from a bar that I, frrankly, would not have accepted one from - we left. If you are expecting some bearutifl setting with a lovely pool etc, this is not it.

got the email today and we are booked for Nachi Cocum on 10/18.

I'll report back when we return.

Lawgirl, I'm sorry it wasn't up to your standards, but I've heard much more positive than negative on this beach "club"

I'm glad they refunded your money and you found somewhere else to go. That is excellent news...some places wouldn't do that. So if we don't like it we know what to do.

Lawgirl, I'm sorry it wasn't up to your standards, but I've heard much more positive than negative on this beach "club"

I'm glad they refunded your money and you found somewhere else to go. That is excellent news...some places wouldn't do that. So if we don't like it we know what to do.

Thanks poptart, I feel better knowing the water temps will be fine in November!! Whew, that's what my kids are waiting for, to get into the clear blue water there... Glad to see you got reservations! We have ours confirmed for Nov. 18th!!.. Sorry Lawgirl your experience was a bad one.. Most reviews here and on trip advisor.com have been great!!

I'm glad you didn't have to wait for a reply and that you're all set! Have a great time and don't forget your sun-tan lotion!

Lindsay

I'm glad you didn't have to wait for a reply and that you're all set! Have a great time and don't forget your sun-tan lotion!

Lindsay

I actually didn't wait to hear back from Nachi Cocum direct. I read on another thread---forgot where--to go thru

Island Marketing...where they had a special link for AOL users, emailed them got a response in about 15 minutes, put in the credit card info and were are all set.

I also talked to a friend who has been to Nachi twice, last time was last November. They love it and said they will go back the next time they go to Coz.

So I feel really good about my decision (my friends are going on my suggestion)

I will be well armed with sunblock (I put it on head to toe before I ever leave the ship then re-apply as needed) and insect repellant---I've heard of sand fleas...but that's at lots of beaches.

I will come back and post some pictures and a review when we get home.

I was under the impression from reading some other posts that Nachi is only all inclusive for drinks and that food was a la carte. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or are drinks and food included in the $50 price?

We went to an AI beach a few years ago in Cozumel but for about an hour all they wanted to do was sell timeshares, does anyone have an idea which beach resort that was? :confused: I can't remember.

Might have been answered already, but Nachi is ALL inclusive, all the food and drinks you want. The guac is great. I could eat that alone :) There are NO vendors, in fact there are no people selling anything out there. Nachi Cocum is best compared to the real life version of a Corona commercial. Crystal clear water, lovely beaches and best of all limited people. When we went most of the people were up at the pool... we felt like we had the beach to ourselves.

Without a reef there isn't a whole lot of snorkeling and yet my son and the nice man who was sitting next to us went out and found a variety of shells, including an old conch which my son took to show and tell at school when he came back. We had a fantastic time.

And in case anyone wonders about kids... mine were the only ones there. They were 3 and 8 at the time and enjoyed the quiet. Jack snorkeled and Jo built sand castles all day. WE LOVED IT and can't wait to go back in October.

I actually didn't wait to hear back from Nachi Cocum direct. I read on another thread---forgot where--to go thru

Island Marketing...where they had a special link for AOL users, emailed them got a response in about 15 minutes, put in the credit card info and were are all set.

I also talked to a friend who has been to Nachi twice, last time was last November. They love it and said they will go back the next time they go to Coz.

So I feel really good about my decision (my friends are going on my suggestion)

I will be well armed with sunblock (I put it on head to toe before I ever leave the ship then re-apply as needed) and insect repellant---I've heard of sand fleas...but that's at lots of beaches.

I will come back and post some pictures and a review when we get home.

We didn't need any insect repellant... better safe than sorry, true, but we didn't have any problems and we were in the shade (where I hear the bugs are worse) and my daughter sat in the sand building castles all day. The place is just lovely. You will have a wonderful time.

Did Nachi Cocum - they are NOT all good because this place was NOT a resort - it is a sliver of a beach - you do get a hard plastic chair - and drinks from a bar that I, frrankly, would not have accepted one from - we left. If you are expecting some bearutifl setting with a lovely pool etc, this is not it.

I doubt you are going to find the type of "resort" you're looking for with all inclusive food and alcoholic drinks for $50.

We've been to Nachi three times with our fourth trip next week. Service has been uniformly excellent; drinks are not watered down; and the food quality is very good (it's not reheated glop in a buffet line). I'm not sure how much beach you need. Obviously, I didn't go in the kitchen, but the bar seemed as clean as you're going to get for a tropical outdoor bar. I've been curious about other places like Mr. Sancho, but I see no reason to spend the same amount of money for an experience that may or may not be as good as what I've gotten three times in a row at Nachi.

I doubt you are going to find the type of "resort" you're looking for with all inclusive food and alcoholic drinks for $50.

We've been to Nachi three times with our fourth trip next week. Service has been uniformly excellent; drinks are not watered down; and the food quality is very good (it's not reheated glop in a buffet line). I'm not sure how much beach you need. Obviously, I didn't go in the kitchen, but the bar seemed as clean as you're going to get for a tropical outdoor bar. I've been curious about other places like Mr. Sancho, but I see no reason to spend the same amount of money for an experience that may or may not be as good as what I've gotten three times in a row at Nachi.

I know I am excited and ready to try it 0n 9/28! I do have a friend who is going to be there this week and I can't wait to get her honest opinion.

We went to Mr Sanchos last Thurs. Booked thru ***********************. $45/adult, $20/child and left a $5 per person deposit. Paid cash balance when we got there. They assigned 2 waiters to us. All drinks and food (off a menu) were included as was snorkel gear and kayaks. They had an aqua park a little smaller than Labadee's for $12 per person. Each of us had a lounge chair and they gave us a picnic table with umbrella to eat at. There was a small fresh water pool. When you walk in the ocean you are greeted by at least 40 big angel fish. Its almost like they see you as food... There was a lady braiding hair and massages both for extra $$$. They also arrange snorkel and scuba trips for extra $$$. Food and drinks were good and we ordered enough to justify the AI price. Good crowd too. We gave each waiter $20 tip at the end. $15 taxi ride each way.

We were going to book Nachi Cocum but thought it might be too quiet for our kids (ages 11 and 10).

Also we left the email receipt on the Oasis and they had no record of us leaving a deposit but after talking to Oliver (manager) he honored our deal.

-Scott

We're planning on going there too. Anyone know if you get your deposit (I know, it's only $12/pp - but that's $48) if we're "rained out"? Thanks.

I read it was "come rain or shine". Only way to get money back is if the ship does not make it into port for some reason.

We went to Mr Sanchos last Thurs. Booked thru ***********************. $45/adult, $20/child and left a $5 per person deposit. Paid cash balance when we got there. They assigned 2 waiters to us. All drinks and food (off a menu) were included as was snorkel gear and kayaks. They had an aqua park a little smaller than Labadee's for $12 per person. Each of us had a lounge chair and they gave us a picnic table with umbrella to eat at. There was a small fresh water pool. When you walk in the ocean you are greeted by at least 40 big angel fish. Its almost like they see you as food... There was a lady braiding hair and massages both for extra $$$. They also arrange snorkel and scuba trips for extra $$$. Food and drinks were good and we ordered enough to justify the AI price. Good crowd too. We gave each waiter $20 tip at the end. $15 taxi ride each way.

We were going to book Nachi Cocum but thought it might be too quiet for our kids (ages 11 and 10).

Also we left the email receipt on the Oasis and they had no record of us leaving a deposit but after talking to Oliver (manager) he honored our deal.

-Scott

How crowded was it? Were the drinks good/strong? Quality of food good/bad? Beach rocky or smooth?

We've been to Nachi before and doing Mr Sancho's this time cause its less money and because of the snorkel and AYCE, so I just want to make sure its not a bad choice.

My wife and I will be at Nachi on Sept 15th...we cant wait!! After reading all the wonderful reviews and seeing the amazing pictures it was a no brainer for us where we were heading while in Cozumel!

Some time to escape the crowds, just relaxing with good food and strong drinks ;) Ah paradise :cool:

How crowded was it? Were the drinks good/strong? Quality of food good/bad? Beach rocky or smooth?

We've been to Nachi before and doing Mr Sancho's this time cause its less money and because of the snorkel and AYCE, so I just want to make sure its not a bad choice.

We got there around 11-11:30 and we were one of the first AI's there. Not long after many more started to show up. I wouldn't say they were too crowded, but the waiters did become busy. Once you made eye contact with them they came right over. The were people without AI who tried to sit in our area and they were sent to a different part of the beach.

The sand was relatively smooth. Not smooth like Turks/Caicos but comfortable to walk on. Some drinks were weaker than others. They were mostly frozen type drinks. They had one called 'Ticket to Fly'. I asked the waiter about it and he said its a strong drink. It was pretty good. The food was pretty good too. For 4 of us we ordered a cheeseburger, chicken tacos, beef quisadillas, chicken quisadillas, chicken nachos, and coconut shrimp.

We chose Sanchos because we heard Nachi was quiet and thought the kids would have more fun at Sanchos. Plus they have the aqua park.

My party of 6 went to Mr. Sancho's last year in January. I can't say enough about it. The drinks were great, and the food was excellent! The service was perfect and they went out of their way to do anything for you.

They originally set us up at a table with an umbrella, and lounge chairs beside the table area. We wanted to move to an area a little farther away from the main bar area so we couldn't hear the bar noise, and they happily helped us, insisting on moving our stuff for us. Everyone was super friendly and accomodating.

We ate, drank and snorkeled all day. (Not much to see snorkeling, it's pretty much all sand, but we did see some fun fish.) We all agreed it was one of our best excursions ever.

I know I am excited and ready to try it 0n 9/28! I do have a friend who is going to be there this week and I can't wait to get her honest opinion.

be sure and come back and tell us about it.

We're planning on going there too. Anyone know if you get your deposit (I know, it's only $12/pp - but that's $48) if we're "rained out"? Thanks.

if your ship misses the port you do OR if the weather is bad enough they close.

My wife and I will be at Nachi on Sept 15th...we cant wait!! After reading all the wonderful reviews and seeing the amazing pictures it was a no brainer for us where we were heading while in Cozumel!

Some time to escape the crowds, just relaxing with good food and strong drinks ;) Ah paradise :cool:

That's exactly what we thought. The Dream is a big ship and I will be ready for some peace and quiet.

Although this will be my 1st trip to Nachi Cocum and I'm totally excited about it...if I had KIDS, I too would choose either Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's.

Does anyone know if you pay the $53 for the tequila tasting at Mr Sanchos, does that also include the AI to the beach/food/drinks?

The tequila seminar price is separate from the AI, but the tequila seminar includes lunch. I did the tequila seminar in 2009 and loved it so much I'll be doing it again this October! Totally worth every penny! I didn't bother with the AI on top of the seminar since I didn't think I would be drinking and eating enough additionally to make it worthwhile, and I was right.

My husband and I have been to Nachi five times over the past 2 years, and we absolutely LOVE it! The price is right ($49/person plus cab round trip), they don't have music blaring, no noise, just the water lapping at the coastline! We also like the fact that they limit the number of people there to 100, and that one must have a reservation in order to get access to the property. Plus the fact that the servers will come to you with either food and/or drinks whenever you want them isn't anything to sneeze at!

When we were there this past January, it was bitter cold, but we still had fun in both the ocean and jacuzzi (it was too cold to go into the pool).

When we were there in May, the weather was picture perfect - we were able to swim in the ocean, swim in the pool, use the jacuzzi, and of course take advantage of the swim-up bar (awesome tequila shots were had by all!)

We'll be back there at the end of October, and cannot wait to introduce my bff and her husband to what we like to call paradise!

We went to Mr. Sanchos last September. I can't say enough about this place. They treated us like we were kings. Did the AI at a nice negotitated price (fair size group)...:D....the food and drinks were top notch, service was terrific. Oliver the manager went out of his way for us. No up front deposit, you can do the AI when you walk up...or just ala carte. Their food and drink menu is on their website..M.S.....s.com

We'd go back in a heart beat..

My husband and I have been to Nachi five times over the past 2 years, and we absolutely LOVE it! We'll be back there at the end of October, and cannot wait to introduce my bff and her husband to what we like to call paradise!

We'll be there 10/18 and can't wait. Our 1st time there. We've been to Coz several times and have done almost everything else.

Archived