Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

We were at Nachi Cocum 3 days ago and it is money well spent. All 9 of us did not want to leave. It was by far the best day of our cruise. A lovely beach, pool facilities, great staff, fantastic food and free-flowing drinks. I counted about 90-100 people and it was quiet and peaceful.

A couple of people in our group were even talking about taking a trip to Cozumel, staying at a cheap hotel and going to Nachi every day they were on the island. It is that good.

Yea I'm sure you could get some cheap rates on hotel, but I know some of the elite resorts on the water are very comparable to Nachi and you dont have to leave the ocean front.

Can anyone tell me how the pool is at Mr Sancho's? Is it easy to get in & out of? I have a friend who has mobility issues due to knee replacements..sometimes getting in & out of a ladder type pool can be difficult...

The main pool by the dining area is a step entry. Your friend could sit down and enter the pool slowly with some ease.

Our cruise is April 11th will be too cold so swim? Also I am having a hard time picking our beach :confused: all the post are so informative but gives me way to many options.:rolleyes:

We are in our late 30's and have some party left in us but don't want overly drunk fools either. Nachi sounds peaceful but a little too quiet other then Mr. Sanchos and PB what other choises do we have? We don't do water toys other then maybe jet skiing.

Thanks for all the info ya'll give to the first timers.;)

It has never been too cold to swim in April in Cozumel......take your sunscreen - you will need it. We went to Nachi last time - nice day - relaxing and laid back. We are trying Mr.S this April.......we're with a group of lively 50 somethings........Mr.S sounds good for our group. ( PB does have the most kids of the three.)

The main pool by the dining area is a step entry. Your friend could sit down and enter the pool slowly with some ease.

Nachi is a little too laid back for us. We will go for either Sanchos or PB. We are leaning towards PB because they have awesome water toys....trampoline, slides, jumpy stuff........Sanchos offers this also, but not the variety that PB does.

Just back from Mr. Sanchos...had a blast. 4 ships in port but it was super quiet. Fast service, great food! One thing that probably contributed to the small number of guests were the taxi drivers. When we asked to go to Mr. Sanchos we were told we really wanted to go the PB....and he pulled out a glossy ad. When we said we already had reservations, he said it would be $22! We overheard other taxi drivers telling others that also. We walked down the road and hailed a cab for $14. I bet PB was super crowded...and the taxi drivers made alot money on the side. :rolleyes:

lunch and unlimited drinks...you pay taxi. I understand it is aprox $4 pp each way

haven't been there before....fingers crossed they have room for us on 10/18...I'm a little late booking. Anxiously awaiting reply. It said 24 hours, but I think I may not hear until Monday since I just sent in my request last night. I doubt they work on Sunday.

I did check and there are going to be 4 ships in port the day with are there with an extimated passenger load of almost 11,000 :eek:

wish me luck at this late date!

I promise to come back on here after the cruise and let you know how we liked it. 4 adults 50's/early 60's

was wondering which website you check to see how many ships are in port? i know of cruise cal but that only seems to show a few days thanks in advance! :)

Missouri, Did you have the AI? How was the snorkeling? Sounds like where we want to go...

We did have the AI...great food and plenty to drink. The water was a bit too chilly for us to snorkel...but we loved the ATV through the jungle and a bit along the beach (well away from the resort area). We were planning to go out in the kayaks but ran out of day!

Since my original Nachi report post was removed I guess I'll post my thoughts in response to this thread.

The facilities and the beach are very nice. The pool, hot tub, and swim up bar are very nice. The beach is beautiful - looks like a corona commercial. The service was fast and friendly. Food was very good. Drinks were pretty weak unless you insisted on stronger - which we did. 'Spring break' type behavior is definitely not welcomed although as long as you aren't bothering any other guests they will leave you alone. We were told there were 90 people there on the day we visited. You couldn't tell it. Crowds were a non issue. Cab ride to/from is also a non issue.

All in all it is a very nice place although $100 a couple did seem a bit much to me for what you get. I guess it depends on how much you eat - we didn't eat too much but did drink.

AFter reading all the comments, I think I am leaning towards Sanchos. If it were just hubby and I, Nachi sounds great, but we have a 13, 6, &5 year old too, and they may need a bit more stimulation.

Thoughts, opinions?

I think Sanchos is a great choice for kids, but Paradise Beach may be even better because they have a much better variety of water toys (trampoline, water slides, etc...) then Sanchos does.

I have been to both Paradise Beach & Mr. Sancho's but I still have a question. I was there both times with just my husband and this time we will be bringing our son who is 18 and daughter who will be 15. Which do you think they would enjoy more? Is Paradise Beach more geared toward little kids? I know when I was there I was not paying attention much to the water toys or who was around since we did the parasailing, banana boat and lounging by the water with margaritas :D.

Any advice? they are so excited just to be going & are easy to please. I just thought a place with more teens then teeny kids would be fun for them.

Thanks! :)

Holly

Just got back from Nachi and have no idea how they make any money. We had several drinks, lots of food and the best beach experience. If you go interact with the guys at the bar your drinks are mixed stronger. GREAT water, great beach, nice chairs, LOW crowds even with 3 (maybe even 4) ships in port that day. Lots of nice pictures. Relaxing and fun. Taxi for 4 was $17/each way and the drive there was FAST. We arrived very early and stayed all day. Left and wondered a few shops (and got plenty of complimentary tequila samples) before heading back to port.

This was adults only 20's and 30's..

How much is the all inclusive option at Mr Sanchos and what exactly does it include? Ok looks like it is $50 but does it include the toys or activities?

It includes everything on the menu (food and drink), excluding only lobster and beer. There is one local beer you can order for the AI but that is all. I was recently there and we found it well worth it, and if you book online it's only $45 a person. The water toys are an extra $12 for the day. I do not think that is worth it all at considering they are extremely hard to climb. I was only able to get onto one of the small trampolines, I spent over an hour struggling to get on anything else, and I'm in pretty decent shape!

Also, there were 3 ships in port that day and it was not crowded at all, I would say 100 people or less, which is what people seem to like about Nachi. It was very calm and relaxing, Hector was our waiter (and everyone elses!), he did a fantastic job, we never waited for anything. The only thing was, no one there had a clue what sour cream was. LOL. We tried 3 people and never got it. They kept bringing other stuff (forks, napkins etc) oh well..minor detail. Another thing I was slightly disappointed with was I had heard that you could do parasailing there, but I never saw anyone doing it or any advertising that it was available. I really wanted to do that so I was a bit bummed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm coming in on the Navigator in April....and have been reading all the reviews....I have an excursion through the ship booked for 3 different reefs to snorkel, but was thinking about the beach thing and just doing a little snorkling at one of them. Can someone advise which of these would be the best for a little snorkling and also relaxing and having a few cocktails?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

Just went to Nachi Cocum on Tuesday June 15th! I was there in November and had to go back! Loved it again!! It is well worth every penny. It is not crowded at all where Paradise Beach has rows and rows and rows of beach chairs! Carlos was our waiter both times and he does an excellent job! We did tip him on the way out! We were a huge group with a bunch of high school graduates! Let's just say they probably lost money with them kids! All the parents had a wonderful time just relaxing on the beach or in the water with drink(s) in hand :). My hubby and son rented jet skis ($60/30 minutes) and did parasailing ($60 per person for 15 minute ride!). They loved it. Great time!!!!

I will be their June 3rd, 2011, did you book all inclusive ? or just took a taxi to Nachi Cocum... if you booked , who did you book thru. Our cruise does not offer this one.

We were at Nachi Cocum 3 days ago and it is money well spent. All 9 of us did not want to leave. It was by far the best day of our cruise. A lovely beach, pool facilities, great staff, fantastic food and free-flowing drinks. I counted about 90-100 people and it was quiet and peaceful.

A couple of people in our group were even talking about taking a trip to Cozumel, staying at a cheap hotel and going to Nachi every day they were on the island. It is that good.

Our cruise ship does not offer this, how did you book?

Thankfully, none of the cruise ships have an excursion to Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos. They generally go to Playa Mia. If you want Nachi you can book directly with them or through Island Marketing. If you want Mr. Sanchos you can book it through Beach Tours Mexico or Cozumel Water Sports. Booking Mr. Sanchos in advance saves you $5.00 per person on the all inclusive package. You can also pre-book massages and other extras. You just take a taxi to get there and stay as long as you want.

Just got back from Mr. Sanchos. I'll share a few things that I wish I'd known ahead of time:

The list of tequilas shown on the menu is not available to the All Inclusive guests. They have one house brand and that's all you can request. None of the premium liquors are avialable to the all inclusive guests, only house brands. The house brand tequila wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly good either.

You are only allowed to get one drink at a time. I went to the bar to get a drink for my wife and myself and was told she'd have to get her own, you are not allowed to get two at a time.

If you request a tequila shot, it's tiny. I'm talking literally less than a tablespoon. You know the little paper cups you get at fast food places to put ketchup in? It's a plastic cup about that size. You'd really have to drink a dozen or so before you felt anything.

The water toys are extremely difficult to use. I could get up on the trampolines, but it was difficult. A friend with me is a professional athlete and had an extremely hard time as well. Some of the stuff was even impossible for him to use. The trampolines are actually a little dangerous. They are extremely hard to stand on, and there is a lot of exposed metal. My brother cut his knee pretty badly when he fell on the trampoline and hit the exposed metal.

The server was amazing, other than one little incident. A friend of mine (female) ordered a drink. She got up to get in the pool and when she came back the drink was melted and hot. She ordered another drink. She didn't finish that one either because the ice melted and it was watered down. When she tried to order another drink the server told her she needed to finish her drinks before ordering another. Personally, I make it a point to finish my drinks before ordering another and wish she had as well, but I was still surprised by the response. The drinks heat up very quickly due to the small plastic cups they use. Some people simply don't like to drink a melted pina colada.

I enjoyed myself, but I'll definitely go back to Nachi Cocom next time. They don't limit you at the bar near as bad as they do at Sanchos, and the food was much better. The only food we had at Sanchos that was "authentic" was the quacamole. It's all pretty much what you'd get at a Mexican restaurant in the States. The civiche was some of the worst I've ever had. It had a very fishy, foul taste. It didn't have the clean and fresh taste that makes good civiche good.

Just got back from Mr. Sanchos. I'll share a few things that I wish I'd known ahead of time:

The list of tequilas shown on the menu is not available to the All Inclusive guests. They have one house brand and that's all you can request. None of the premium liquors are avialable to the all inclusive guests, only house brands. The house brand tequila wasn't bad, but it wasn't exactly good either.

You are only allowed to get one drink at a time. I went to the bar to get a drink for my wife and myself and was told she'd have to get her own, you are not allowed to get two at a time.

If you request a tequila shot, it's tiny. I'm talking literally less than a tablespoon. You know the little paper cups you get at fast food places to put ketchup in? It's a plastic cup about that size. You'd really have to drink a dozen or so before you felt anything.

The water toys are extremely difficult to use. I could get up on the trampolines, but it was difficult. A friend with me is a professional athlete and had an extremely hard time as well. Some of the stuff was even impossible for him to use. The trampolines are actually a little dangerous. They are extremely hard to stand on, and there is a lot of exposed metal. My brother cut his knee pretty badly when he fell on the trampoline and hit the exposed metal.

The server was amazing, other than one little incident. A friend of mine (female) ordered a drink. She got up to get in the pool and when she came back the drink was melted and hot. She ordered another drink. She didn't finish that one either because the ice melted and it was watered down. When she tried to order another drink the server told her she needed to finish her drinks before ordering another. Personally, I make it a point to finish my drinks before ordering another and wish she had as well, but I was still surprised by the response. The drinks heat up very quickly due to the small plastic cups they use. Some people simply don't like to drink a melted pina colada.

I enjoyed myself, but I'll definitely go back to Nachi Cocom next time. They don't limit you at the bar near as bad as they do at Sanchos, and the food was much better. The only food we had at Sanchos that was "authentic" was the quacamole. It's all pretty much what you'd get at a Mexican restaurant in the States. The civiche was some of the worst I've ever had. It had a very fishy, foul taste. It didn't have the clean and fresh taste that makes good civiche good.

Thanks Josh, makes me happy that I have chosen Nachi for our excursion that day:)

Josh,

Sorry about the drinks, I have reservations in a few weeks and on my paperwork it says Premium brands are included. The only thing cant get off menu is lobster and foriegn beers. So I plan on taking my paperwork in case they give me a problem.

Did you take along the paper that tells you what is included or did you not have one.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dawn

In my experience, when in another country it's never really paid to argue with them. I just sucked it up and tried to have a good time anyway.

I was really dissapointed. One of the things I was looking forward to was trying different brands of tequila. Also, due to the shots being so small I never really did get to get a good buzz on. My plan was to eat, get a good buzz, then chill on the beach and lay out. A tablespoon of tequila every 15 minutes just wouldn't do it. Remember, you can't get more than one of these tiny shots at a time so you have to order 1 then wait for the server to help everyone else and come by again then order another. It makes it almost pointless. There were the sweet drinks which probably had more alcohol in them but were to sweet to drink more than a few of. The beer also came in pretty small glasses.

Don't get me wrong. Mr. Sancho's was a nice place. I think the facility, and the beach was nicer than Nachi's, but that's all they have on Nachi. The variety of drinks, the amount you are allowed to have, and the food is far superior at Nachi. The inflatables, free kayaks, and top shelf tequilas drew me to try Mr Sanchos. Couldn't have the tequilas, the inflatables were almost impossible to use, and the kayaks were just too much trouble to bother with.

I forgot to mention the kayaks in my earlier post. The lockers require a $10 deposit and are on the opposite end of the resort from the All Inclusive side. We rented one. When we tried to use a kayak we were told we needed to leave an ID with them. We went back across the facility to the lockers and got our ID's then told we had to go to the dive shop which was another 40 yards or so to walk. You also have to wear life jackets to use the kayaks. Between all of this, the tiny shots, and the 1 drink per person limit it almost seemed like Mr. Sanchos tried to make it difficult to take full advantage of the all inclusive. I couldn't even say "two shots, one for myself and one for my brother" with him sitting there. They actually made him ask for it. At Nachi, I could just ask for a round of shots for my friends and I and they'd bring full sized shots.

Nachi spoiled me. I went to Mr. Sanchos expecting the same plus more. If you do the same you will be disappointed.

In my experience, when in another country it's never really paid to argue with them. I just sucked it up and tried to have a good time anyway.

I was really dissapointed. One of the things I was looking forward to was trying different brands of tequila. Also, due to the shots being so small I never really did get to get a good buzz on. My plan was to eat, get a good buzz, then chill on the beach and lay out. A tablespoon of tequila every 15 minutes just wouldn't do it. Remember, you can't get more than one of these tiny shots at a time so you have to order 1 then wait for the server to help everyone else and come by again then order another. It makes it almost pointless. There were the sweet drinks which probably had more alcohol in them but were to sweet to drink more than a few of. The beer also came in pretty small glasses.

Don't get me wrong. Mr. Sancho's was a nice place. I think the facility, and the beach was nicer than Nachi's, but that's all they have on Nachi. The variety of drinks, the amount you are allowed to have, and the food is far superior at Nachi. The inflatables, free kayaks, and top shelf tequilas drew me to try Mr Sanchos. Couldn't have the tequilas, the inflatables were almost impossible to use, and the kayaks were just too much trouble to bother with.

I forgot to mention the kayaks in my earlier post. The lockers require a $10 deposit and are on the opposite end of the resort from the All Inclusive side. We rented one. When we tried to use a kayak we were told we needed to leave an ID with them. We went back across the facility to the lockers and got our ID's then told we had to go to the dive shop which was another 40 yards or so to walk. You also have to wear life jackets to use the kayaks. Between all of this, the tiny shots, and the 1 drink per person limit it almost seemed like Mr. Sanchos tried to make it difficult to take full advantage of the all inclusive. I couldn't even say "two shots, one for myself and one for my brother" with him sitting there. They actually made him ask for it. At Nachi, I could just ask for a round of shots for my friends and I and they'd bring full sized shots.

Nachi spoiled me. I went to Mr. Sanchos expecting the same plus more. If you do the same you will be disappointed.

Sorry Mr. Sanchos wasn't what you anticipated. I am grateful you posted this, As I will scratch it off my list. THANKS again...

Archived