Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

I think the poster was talking about Mr. Sanchos. I was just at Paradise Beach and I sent my 8yo and 6yo out with their grandparents (early 60's) and they managed to use all the water toys except one strange One. I watched kids of all ages get on all the water toys without problem. I was not out there with them, and my father did mention one of the trampolines had a broken ladder making it difficult to get up, but the other two trampolines were fine. My father also said he saw several moms have a hard time getting to the top of some of the toys, but it had to do as much with the motion as anything. He said you could really feel the waves (and they were tiny) once you got to the top of a 10 foot blow up slide. I do not think kids would have any trouble using the water toys. My son and daughter loved them.

Oh I'm so relieved to hear this. PB it is for us!!

Thought I would jump in here with our review of Nachi. I spent the day there with my daughter and it was beautiful. We had great weather, service and food. We had been up late the night before and actually fell asleep until 11. We had got to Nachi around 8:30. Our server was so great and did not wake us up to get our confirmation which he could have easily done. Anyhow he did an excellent job and we loved the food. I would definitely go back if our cruise takes us there again. You can eat at the restaurant or they will bring you your food. When we were getting ready to leave they called us a cab too. Again highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Mr. Sanchos on 5/11. The set cab fare was $15. It was one of the most relaxing times that I've ever had:) There were maybe 15 people there. The water was beautiful, the sun was shining, the food was delicious and the drinks were flowing.

I could see a few fish, so if you want to bring a mask you'd probably have a fun time. My servers, Hector and Roman were wonderful and never forgot about me. After a few margarita's, chips, salsa and guac on the beach, I decided to make my way to the pool. Ahhhhhh...the pool...it was GORGEOUS. Big lounge chairs and umbrellas if you needed them. The swim up bar was fantastic with the typical stools surrounding it. There were also several standing tables in the water if you wanted to gather away from the bar. Another fantastic touch. Philippe was the bartender and continued pouring a mean margarita:D

For lunch I ordered ceviche and OMG...it was really good. Between the drinks, the chips/salsa/guac and ceviche, I wasn't able to eat another bite. I wish that I had more room to explore their menu, so I guess I'll need to go back again.

There were ZERO, NADA, NO vendors on the beach, which was a pleasant surprise. There are 5 shops on the premise, that sold all of the usual souvenirs. I was able to find quite a few small gifts, which were reasonable. Since I've been to Mexico before, I know that bargaining is the "norm". I shared a cab back to the port with another couple, so it saved a few dollars.

I was at Nachi in Nov 2009 and IMO, they don't even compare to Mr.Sanchos. I hope they keep up the great work, because I'LL BE BACK:D:D:D

Enjoy:)

I was at Mr. Sanchos on 5/11. The set cab fare was $15. It was one of the most relaxing times that I've ever had:) There were maybe 15 people there. The water was beautiful, the sun was shining, the food was delicious and the drinks were flowing.

I could see a few fish, so if you want to bring a mask you'd probably have a fun time. My servers, Hector and Roman were wonderful and never forgot about me. After a few margarita's, chips, salsa and guac on the beach, I decided to make my way to the pool. Ahhhhhh...the pool...it was GORGEOUS. Big lounge chairs and umbrellas if you needed them. The swim up bar was fantastic with the typical stools surrounding it. There were also several standing tables in the water if you wanted to gather away from the bar. Another fantastic touch. Philippe was the bartender and continued pouring a mean margarita:D

For lunch I ordered ceviche and OMG...it was really good. Between the drinks, the chips/salsa/guac and ceviche, I wasn't able to eat another bite. I wish that I had more room to explore their menu, so I guess I'll need to go back again.

There were ZERO, NADA, NO vendors on the beach, which was a pleasant surprise. There are 5 shops on the premise, that sold all of the usual souvenirs. I was able to find quite a few small gifts, which were reasonable. Since I've been to Mexico before, I know that bargaining is the "norm". I shared a cab back to the port with another couple, so it saved a few dollars.

I was at Nachi in Nov 2009 and IMO, they don't even compare to Mr.Sanchos. I hope they keep up the great work, because I'LL BE BACK:D:D:D

Enjoy:)

So glad to hear this. We will be at Mr. Sanchos next Thursday. We haven't been there for years and are really looking forward to see all the changes. We've been to Nachi years ago when it wasn't AI and again last August and sorry, but I wasn't impressed with the place. We found the food and service to be just average Our favorite thus far is Playa Palancar for food and service and we're hoping that Mr. Sanchos is just as good so we have another option. Otherwise its back to Palancar in August when we cruise again.

So glad to hear this. We will be at Mr. Sanchos next Thursday. We haven't been there for years and are really looking forward to see all the changes. We've been to Nachi years ago when it wasn't AI and again last August and sorry, but I wasn't impressed with the place. We found the food and service to be just average Our favorite thus far is Playa Palancar for food and service and we're hoping that Mr. Sanchos is just as good so we have another option. Otherwise its back to Palancar in August when we cruise again.

Deb,

I hope that all of you have a wonderful time. I took pics, but I'm a dope when it comes to uploading them:o Let us know what you think. Have a great cruise.

I have not been to Nachi of Paradise beach. We went to Mr Sanchos May 18, and it was one of the best days. Had we not reserved the romantic package I think they would have lost money on us. We kept a log of everything we ate and drank, and it came out to something like $225 worth of food and drinks (prices are on the menu you order from); and we are both in good shape so we are not big eaters typically. What the heck we were on vacation!! The food is great. We had a lot of food, but what stood out to me was the guacamole and fish tacos; but honestly, EVERYTHING was good. The dirty monkey was my drink of choice after trying almost all of them. We would get shots throughout the day as well. We were here on an extended vacation in Cozumel so we were able to get to Sanchos right when it opened and leave when it was about to close. FYI The shopping at Sanchos is wayyyy over-priced.

I have not been to Nachi of Paradise beach. We went to Mr Sanchos May 18, and it was one of the best days. Had we not reserved the romantic package I think they would have lost money on us. We kept a log of everything we ate and drank, and it came out to something like $225 worth of food and drinks (prices are on the menu you order from); and we are both in good shape so we are not big eaters typically. What the heck we were on vacation!! The food is great. We had a lot of food, but what stood out to me was the guacamole and fish tacos; but honestly, EVERYTHING was good. The dirty monkey was my drink of choice after trying almost all of them. We would get shots throughout the day as well. We were here on an extended vacation in Cozumel so we were able to get to Sanchos right when it opened and leave when it was about to close. FYI The shopping at Sanchos is wayyyy over-priced.

We have been to Nachi, Paradise and Ocean Resort and are just back from Mr. Sanchos where we spent the day on May 26. We LOVED Mr. Sanchos and will be returning when we go back to Cozumel in August with the kids and grandkids. The food and service was so much better than Nachi and Ocean Resort. As soon as we arrived we met our 2 waiters Hector and Antonio and they looked after us all day. We had chips and guac for starters. The Mango Margaritas were awesome. DH decided on coconut shrimp for lunch but Antonio said the portion was very small and that he should choose something else along with the shrimp. DH had mixed beef and chicken fajitas and the coconut shrimp and I had chicken fajitas. Antonio brought a double order of the shrimp and it came with an amazing orange sauce. Everything was great. Throughout the day the drinks flowed and food kept arriving. There was no skimping on drinks or food and we definitely got our money's worth.

The beach at Mr. Sanchos is so much wider and nicer than any of the other beach clubs and the entry into the water was soft sand so no water shoes needed. DH took out a kayak and did some snorkeling - all part of the AI package. There were very few people on the AI side. I walked down the beach and the a la carte side had a good crowd. There were lots of people out on the water toys and they seemed to have no problems using them as others reported. You get a lot more for $45.00 at Mr. Sanchos than you do at Nachi Cocom and the food and service was way better at Mr. Sanchos. We also liked having a table and chairs under the palapa as well as the loungers so you didn't have to juggle food and drinks on a small table. The bathroom was clean and the pool with the swim up bar looked great. We thought about going up there for a while, but we were too comfortable to move. Mr. Sanchos was absolutely the highlight of our cruise.

Sounds nice how did you book Sanchos???

We booked Mr. Sanchos through Beach Tours. No problems at all with the reservation. They just looked for the amount due on the confirmation and we paid and got our wrist bands. Booking again for August.

I went to Nachi in June 2010 and just was at Mr. Sanchos last week. Mr. Sanchos is above and beyond what Nachi is in all areas! It was quiet....beautiful....comfortable loungers....great food!....excellent service and never ending drinks. The swim up AI bar is absolutely gorgeous! Nachi is run down compared to the upgraded Mr. Sanchos and the service was much better at Mr. Sanchos. We had to practically beg for a drink at Nachi and there was only one bar tender for the whole place. At Mr. Sanchos there are two bar areas and the AI bar had 3 servers so we never had to wait. Eduardo was our beach server and he provided amazing service. There are also beds on the beach which are really comfy for a siesta. I highly recommend Mr. Sanchos.

I went to Nachi in June 2010 and just was at Mr. Sanchos last week. Mr. Sanchos is above and beyond what Nachi is in all areas! It was quiet....beautiful....comfortable loungers....great food!....excellent service and never ending drinks. The swim up AI bar is absolutely gorgeous! Nachi is run down compared to the upgraded Mr. Sanchos and the service was much better at Mr. Sanchos. We had to practically beg for a drink at Nachi and there was only one bar tender for the whole place. At Mr. Sanchos there are two bar areas and the AI bar had 3 servers so we never had to wait. Eduardo was our beach server and he provided amazing service. There are also beds on the beach which are really comfy for a siesta. I highly recommend Mr. Sanchos.

I would love to go to Sanchos, but it looks like Paradise Beach has more "toys" out in the water than Sanchos.......slides, trampoline, etc. I know our kids will want the beach with more variety of water toys.

I have a difficult time believing the person who said Nachi was run down and that there was only one bartender when they went. I was there in March of this year with 6 other people and we all thought it was the best day of our cruise. The place did not appear run down at all to us. Our server, Manual, served us enough drinks that we could barely walk after the first couple of hours. The food was fantastic. They had 2 or 3 people behind the bar at all times. An absolutely perfect relaxing day. If you are looking for loud music and lots of activities, go elsewhere. If you want to sit back and have the most relaxed day of your vacation, this is the place to go.

I am not saying that Mr. Sanchos is bad. I have never been there, so I cannot comment on it. All I can say is that next time we visit Cozumel, we will be returning to Nachi.

I am not saying that Mr. Sanchos is bad. I have never been there, so I cannot comment on it. All I can say is that next time we visit Cozumel, we will be returning to Nachi.

And you will be missing out on a great place if you don't visit Mr. Sanchos. We have been going to Cozumel since the mid 1980's and have been to the various beach clubs multiple times. We liked Nachi when there was no cover charge and it was not AI. But we gave it a shot after it went AI and found it very lacking compared to other places. We were there in August 2010 and the place had way more than 100 people. The pool was wall to wall people and every palapa was in use. The service was lousy, drinks watered down and I too found it getting a little shabby.

We didn't go to Mr. Sanchos for years because it was loud and we were not impressed by the service on a previous visit several years ago. We read the reviews on CC and gave it a shot last week. The new Mr. Sanchos is wonderful. Much better food and service than Nachi and they include kayaks and snorkel equipment in the AI and it is ALL you can eat and drink - not limited to a certain number of courses. You can try lots of things and in fact they encourage you to order more. The beach at Mr. Sanchos is just so much better than Nachi. My husband, who is uber picky, congratulated me on picking Mr. Sanchos and we decided we'll go again in August. Sorry, but we're done with Nachi.

I have a difficult time believing the person who said Nachi was run down and that there was only one bartender when they went. I was there in March of this year with 6 other people and we all thought it was the best day of our cruise. The place did not appear run down at all to us. Our server, Manual, served us enough drinks that we could barely walk after the first couple of hours. The food was fantastic. They had 2 or 3 people behind the bar at all times. An absolutely perfect relaxing day. If you are looking for loud music and lots of activities, go elsewhere. If you want to sit back and have the most relaxed day of your vacation, this is the place to go.

We maybe hit an off day but service was horrible. We couldn't get a drink from our server and got tired of going to the bar from the beach ourselves so we just moved into the pool. There was only one guy making drinks behind the bar and I felt sorry for him. He was clearly overwhelmed. It was a pretty crowded (and hot!) day. We didn't even get a palapa. Every one has different opinions and circumstances can vary from visit to visit but I am just saying that visiting both of these places in less than a year...Mr. Sanchos with it's new pool and facililites, comfortable loungers and plenty of servers and bartenders is cheaper and was a better experience in my opinion. PS. No lound music at Mr. Sanchos. It's completely quiet on the beach and some low playing party music when you are by the swim up bar.

We maybe hit an off day but service was horrible. We couldn't get a drink from our server and got tired of going to the bar from the beach ourselves so we just moved into the pool. There was only one guy making drinks behind the bar and I felt sorry for him. He was clearly overwhelmed. It was a pretty crowded (and hot!) day. We didn't even get a palapa. Every one has different opinions and circumstances can vary from visit to visit but I am just saying that visiting both of these places in less than a year...Mr. Sanchos with it's new pool and facililites, comfortable loungers and plenty of servers and bartenders is cheaper and was a better experience in my opinion. PS. No lound music at Mr. Sanchos. It's completely quiet on the beach and some low playing party music when you are by the swim up bar.

Mr. Sanchos.........please get a couple more water toys for the kids (a slide for sure) and then more of us can come visit you instead of Paradise Beach!!

Mr. Sanchos.........please get a couple more water toys for the kids (a slide for sure) and then more of us can come visit you instead of Paradise Beach!!

How is the food/service at Paradise Beach since the change in management? The last time we were there it was under the old management and we thought it was great. We're heading back there because the water toys will keep my kids entertained for hours.

DH and I were at Nachi at the beginning of February and we had a blast! Only about 10 people were there that day so we basically had the whole place to ourselves! The service was really good and the food was amazing! We are cruising again in a few weeks and are thinking about going back to Nachi!

I have been to Mr Sanchos twice and loved it; but I was there with my girlfriends. In July, my son and husband (both first time cruisers) will be with me. DH will be fine on any beach....son is 18. I think he would NOT have fun on a beach with just a few people....and older people at that. Granted, when we've gone, most schools are in session. Hopefully this summer there will be more than "full fledged adults" for him. Is there a beach where there will be a good mix of people, and the beach is beautiful, and it has great service.....I know. I'm hard to please! :)

after reading most of this thread, I decided to book Mr Sanchos' romance package. I was torn between Nachi and Sanchos, but the private Cabana, 30 message and private server are what did it for us. Now all I got to do is wait 3 months before we get there...:mad:

btw, anyone booked through beachtours.com? I put down a required $20 deposit but have yet to receive a booking confirmation from Sanchos. did get a paypal receipt tho...

btw, anyone booked through beachtours.com? I put down a required $20 deposit but have yet to receive a booking confirmation from Sanchos. did get a paypal receipt tho...

that's all I received also guess we just have to bring that paper with us and pay cash there

We booked Mr. Sanchos through Beach Tours. No problems at all with the reservation. They just looked for the amount due on the confirmation and we paid and got our wrist bands. Booking again for August.

I think this is what you are looking for,

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/beach-breaks.htm

I did find that site also. Thanks! I see that they no longer offer Mr. Sanchos AI Beach Break. Would anyone know the site I could book this?

Archived