Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

When we were at Mr. Sanchos in January the service was amazing. Our waiter was not annoying but always seemed to be right there. We could only order one drink at a time but he was always right there with another one. We DEFINITELY got our moneys worth on drinks!!! lol! I think we tried most of them!

And the food was great too.

A lot of the people at Mr. Sanchos were repeat customers & I can see why! We had such a great day there! We absolutely loved the para-sailing!

Juli

I was at Paradise Last week. This is the deal . $13.00 cab ride to Paradise (shared with another couple) $2.00 swim , beech chairs, umbrella. They want you to spend a $10.00 minimum while there and thats easy. Beer is almost $4.00 a can and they didnt have Corona. Beech is nice but entering / exiting the water the water is rough. VERY rocky. And hurts your feet.

You can't pass drinks to someone who didn't pay AI because the AI people are in a section alone. Non AI people can't go to the AI side. The non AI people can't even use the new pool with the swim up bar. It's on the AI side.

So you can't use the pool if you don't do the AI?? That sucks...cause I don't drink enough to make the AI worth while...sounds like Cozumel may end up being a "ship" day...I'll have the ships pool to myself...and I'm sure plenty of bar staff happy to take my drink order...

I was at Paradise Last week. This is the deal . $13.00 cab ride to Paradise (shared with another couple) $2.00 swim , beech chairs, umbrella. They want you to spend a $10.00 minimum while there and thats easy. Beer is almost $4.00 a can and they didnt have Corona. Beech is nice but entering / exiting the water the water is rough. VERY rocky. And hurts your feet.

Did they have all the water "toys" still up? Trampoline, slides, etc.....

When we were at Mr. Sanchos in January the service was amazing. Our waiter was not annoying but always seemed to be right there. We could only order one drink at a time but he was always right there with another one. We DEFINITELY got our moneys worth on drinks!!! lol! I think we tried most of them!

And the food was great too.

A lot of the people at Mr. Sanchos were repeat customers & I can see why! We had such a great day there! We absolutely loved the para-sailing!

Juli

What kind of water "toys" does Mr. Sanchos have? Trampoline?

Slide? Rock climbing wall? Also, is the water really rocky and hard to walk in?

You can't pass drinks to someone who didn't pay AI because the AI people are in a section alone. Non AI people can't go to the AI side. The non AI people can't even use the new pool with the swim up bar. It's on the AI side.

Can someone explain what the AI side is? Is it partitioned off, roped off, gated off? How do they keep people that are NOT AI out of AI? Are chairs/umbrella's included in AI? What about snorkel gear? Included?

Can someone explain what the AI side is? Is it partitioned off, roped off, gated off? How do they keep people that are NOT AI out of AI? Are chairs/umbrella's included in AI? What about snorkel gear? Included?

It's separated by a small wooden fense. You get arm bands if you are AI. No armband, you can't come to the AI side. If they see you over there they will tell you so.

The non AI side has a pool as well, but its much smaller and doesn't have a swim up bar.

It's separated by a small wooden fense. You get arm bands if you are AI. No armband, you can't come to the AI side. If they see you over there they will tell you so.

The non AI side has a pool as well, but its much smaller and doesn't have a swim up bar.

Well that eliminates Mr Sanchos for me then...I'm not paying for an AI just to be able to use the pool & bar...back to the boards for more research...

Okay, so I'm sort of on board with Mr. Sancho's just not the AI. The only one in my group of 4 adults and 1 child that would get their money's worth is my dad :). So I'm considering the pay as you go option but I have a few questions.

Are there hammocks or lounge chairs/umbrellas for rent on the non-AI area and how much $$$?

What's the average cost of food?

Thanks for any information.

Okay, so I'm sort of on board with Mr. Sancho's just not the AI. The only one in my group of 4 adults and 1 child that would get their money's worth is my dad :). So I'm considering the pay as you go option but I have a few questions.

Are there hammocks or lounge chairs/umbrellas for rent on the non-AI area and how much $$$?

What's the average cost of food?

Thanks for any information.

.......and for anyone who has been there recently, what water toys do they have? Trampoline, climbing wall? etc......

There are several trampolines, a giant iceberg with climbing handles, a few things you straddle that rock in the water, and a blob attached to some of the trampolines.

I wouldn't expect kids to be able to use any of this equipment. For myself and my adult friends, one of which is a professional athlete, some of it was impossible to use and all of it was extremely difficult.

There are several trampolines, a giant iceberg with climbing handles, a few things you straddle that rock in the water, and a blob attached to some of the trampolines.

I wouldn't expect kids to be able to use any of this equipment. For myself and my adult friends, one of which is a professional athlete, some of it was impossible to use and all of it was extremely difficult.

I went to Paradise Beach several years ago. I had issues with the floating rock climbing wall and I thought I was fit. Had no issues with the water slides but did see mothers go up and then get stuck, in that they got scared. Most of the kids going up these inflatables were about 9 or 10 and upwards. I saw one mother who couldn't come down and was being hounded by her kids to let go.

I went to Paradise Beach several years ago. I had issues with the floating rock climbing wall and I thought I was fit. Had no issues with the water slides but did see mothers go up and then get stuck, in that they got scared. Most of the kids going up these inflatables were about 9 or 10 and upwards. I saw one mother who couldn't come down and was being hounded by her kids to let go.

No water slides at Mr. Sanchos.

No water slides at Mr. Sanchos.

My kids really like the water slides, and I was hoping Mr. Sanchos had gotten one finally......but, I guess it is back to Paradise Beach for us.

Thank you for the info!!

Why is it so hard to use? Is the equipment old and outdated or something?

The rock climbing walls have these handles on them. to be able to get up the rock wall requires a lot of upper body strength. Also you are dealing with having water on the toy and one your feet and hands, this makes it harder as it is then slippy. I thought I was fit but had issues, might be that I am in my 40's but feel like 20.

The rock climbing walls have these handles on them. to be able to get up the rock wall requires a lot of upper body strength. Also you are dealing with having water on the toy and one your feet and hands, this makes it harder as it is then slippy. I thought I was fit but had issues, might be that I am in my 40's but feel like 20.

I saw some kids climb up on that big white one they had. The problem is that there is no place to put your feet. I got about 3 rungs up and fell off. Way too fat to conquer that beast.

I just finished reading all the posts on this thread. Thought I had it narrowed down to Nachi, but now I'm more confused than before. We are a group of 7. DH & I are in our early to mid 30s, our kids are 14, 12 & 2, and my parents are in their late 60s/early 70s. My parents are not too active, but me, hubby & the kids are. We are trying to find a place to spend our day in Cozumel that will be fun for all of us. I'm torn between Nachi & Sancho. DH & I drink, but my parents do not. I love the idea of a swim up bar, but would need to do AI at Sancho for that. Is it worth it to book AI at Sancho even if my parents don't drink? Are we better off just going to Nachi? I really don't care too much about the water toys, other than maybe a water raft. Where do you think our mixed crowd would have the best time at?

I just got back from a cruise that stopped at Cozumel. After reading through all the relevant threads we decided to go to Paradise Beach. It was just what I expected. My kids 6 and 8 years old loved the water toys. The drinks were fine. We did not eat there as we wanted to go downtown in the afternoon and eat at Panchos Backyard. This was not a great experience, but also there was nothing bad about it. We stayed 3 hours. The place was exceptionally clean and the beach was very nice. The wait staff always seemed to be around when you wanted something.

I just finished reading all the posts on this thread. Thought I had it narrowed down to Nachi, but now I'm more confused than before. We are a group of 7. DH & I are in our early to mid 30s, our kids are 14, 12 & 2, and my parents are in their late 60s/early 70s. My parents are not too active, but me, hubby & the kids are. We are trying to find a place to spend our day in Cozumel that will be fun for all of us. I'm torn between Nachi & Sancho. DH & I drink, but my parents do not. I love the idea of a swim up bar, but would need to do AI at Sancho for that. Is it worth it to book AI at Sancho even if my parents don't drink? Are we better off just going to Nachi? I really don't care too much about the water toys, other than maybe a water raft. Where do you think our mixed crowd would have the best time at?

Anyone have any advice on which of the 3 would be best for our mixed group?

Anyone have any advice on which of the 3 would be best for our mixed group?

I think Paradise might have the broadest appeal. If I was going with only my wife I would definitely choose Nachi from what I have read. Paradise might be more crowded than Mr. Sanchos, but it has something for everyone and the amount of money you spend is determined by how much you want to do. I think Mr. Sanchos might be more authentic (as much as anyting in Cozumel is authentic "Mexico") but Paradise is the safer be. At any rate that was what it came down to for our choice. I went with something I felt would make for a good day, where I think Mr. Sanchos would have been a larger risk. I was traveling with my parents (60's) my wife in I (mid 30s) and two kids age 8 and 6 . . .probably cannot go wrong with any of them as long as you get good weather.

There is nothing to put your feet on to help you climb it. You are in water deep enough so you cant touch the bottom so you can't even use the bottom of the ocean to help you. You pretty much have to use nothing but upper body strength. If you can climb a rope using only your hands, you could probably climb on this stuff. On top of that, it's all wet and getting slammed around constantly due to the waves. They movement isn't smooth either. The toys will rise with the waves, then catch on their anchors and slam to a stop instantly.

Even if you do manage to get on the trampolines, which I did. They are impossible to stand on due to the movement. If you fall, they are covered with coarse sand so you will get raw bloody spots. If you hit the rusty exposed metal around the trampoline you could cut yourself pretty badly, as my brother did.

While I was there I watched at least 10 people try to use the stuff. Other than a friend of mine and my younger brother, I didn't see anyone manage to get on anything.

There is nothing to put your feet on to help you climb it. You are in water deep enough so you cant touch the bottom so you can't even use the bottom of the ocean to help you. You pretty much have to use nothing but upper body strength. If you can climb a rope using only your hands, you could probably climb on this stuff. On top of that, it's all wet and getting slammed around constantly due to the waves. They movement isn't smooth either. The toys will rise with the waves, then catch on their anchors and slam to a stop instantly.

Even if you do manage to get on the trampolines, which I did. They are impossible to stand on due to the movement. If you fall, they are covered with coarse sand so you will get raw bloody spots. If you hit the rusty exposed metal around the trampoline you could cut yourself pretty badly, as my brother did.

While I was there I watched at least 10 people try to use the stuff. Other than a friend of mine and my younger brother, I didn't see anyone manage to get on anything.

This is all good to know. I chose PB strickly for their water toys.........now, I will have to rethink things.

This is all good to know. I chose PB strickly for their water toys.........now, I will have to rethink things.

I think the poster was talking about Mr. Sanchos. I was just at Paradise Beach and I sent my 8yo and 6yo out with their grandparents (early 60's) and they managed to use all the water toys except one strange One. I watched kids of all ages get on all the water toys without problem. I was not out there with them, and my father did mention one of the trampolines had a broken ladder making it difficult to get up, but the other two trampolines were fine. My father also said he saw several moms have a hard time getting to the top of some of the toys, but it had to do as much with the motion as anything. He said you could really feel the waves (and they were tiny) once you got to the top of a 10 foot blow up slide. I do not think kids would have any trouble using the water toys. My son and daughter loved them.

Archived