Nachi Cocum, Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's

taylor1293

Josh,

I don't know of any place that will let you kayak without a life vest. The liability is too great. We have kayaked at many of the beach clubs and several hotels and always were required to wear a life vest. Not just in Mexico - also in Jamaica, Antigua and Stf. Lucia.

Personally, I don't see the need or how not requiring one would be a liability. They will let you get as drunk as you want (regardless of age), then let you enter the ocean or climb on the inflatables (dangerous enough when sober).

That was just a minor annoyance.

Josh,

I've got to wonder if you just had a lazy server who decided not to bring you more then 1 drink and the comment he made to your friend, sheesh! If he had made a comment like that to me, I would have dumped the drink out in front of him, then asked for another. I wonder if it was just an "off" day, since your review is the 1st really negative one that I've read.

It's a shame that you didn't mention these issues to anyone. Just because they're in another country, you can't assume that they won't care and don't want to listen.

I was at Nachi the last time in Coz and had a server that went MIA, maybe showing up twice in an hour. It was only my sister and I, so not a whole lot of work. I ended up going to the pool to be closer to a bar...loved the swim up, since that was the only way I was going to get a drink. The food was very good.

I'm still going to try MS, for the same reason why I'd try a hotel or restaurant that receives a bad review. It's an opinion that everyone is entitled too and not created equal.

Thanks for sharing:)

The "1 drink" policy was enforced by my server as well as at the bar.

I may have just went there on a bad day. It happens. The only things that would really want people to know before going are the "1 drink" policy, and the fact that the premium liquors aren't available to All Inclusive guests. The rest could be blamed on the server, or a "bad day". Those were policies that were very clearly explained and strictly enforced.

I'd definitely give MS a try. Like I said, the facilities were much nicer and the beach was nicer than Nachi. It just depends on what's important to you. To me, good food and good drinks are more important than the beach.

I guess , i will just bring my ress with the premium drink and food outlined. If I have a problem , I will speak to Oliver Munez the manager.

Any one else have a problem with not getting premium drinks?

Dawn

If it's between Nachi and Mr. Sancho's, definitely go with Nachi (IMO). I have been to both and thought the service and overall ambiance was better at Nachi. Mr. Sancho's had louder and more obnoxious music, but not the fun party atmosphere to match it. Nachi had softer, more fun music that everyone seems to know (mix of Latin and American). The service was also better at NC. The food was awesome at NC.. I don't really remember the food at MS.

ETA: I forgot to add that we got the all inclusive package at MS, which they didn't seem too thrilled about when they got there. What's funny, though, is that they "sell" buckets of beer, but they wouldn't give us a bucket of beer to keep by our chairs. I think there was 4 to a bucket. We gave our server 20 bucks after about an hour and a half of crappy service. His tune changed a little bit.. he ended up bringing us shots, but literally stood there waiting for us to take them (I guess so we wouldn't steal the MS shotglasses)...

I've sent an email to Beach Tours Mexico to see what they say about the 1 drink policy, no premiums and the 1 brand of beer offered. That way at least I'll have it in writing.

I still have the option to cancel and go to Nachi. I just wanted more "energy" then what's at Nachi.

I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm just back from Nachi - was there last week on Navigator. It was the best $100 I've ever spent. We both had a glorious day there. Before I went I couldn't make up my mind between Nachi or Isla Paradise via Twister. So glad I chose Nachi. It was superb. The beach was lovely and peacefull. Drinks were non stop - food was excellent and served to us on the beach. If I ever go to Cozumel again, Nachi will be top of the list.

I've sent an email to Beach Tours Mexico to see what they say about the 1 drink policy, no premiums and the 1 brand of beer offered. That way at least I'll have it in writing.

I still have the option to cancel and go to Nachi. I just wanted more "energy" then what's at Nachi.

The only difference in "energy" I noticed at Sanchos was that the music was louder. Otherwise, they are very similar in that regard.

One thing Sanchos had that I really liked was the swings at the bar. Instead of sitting on bar stools, you sit on swings. Pretty cool.

Josh,

I've got to wonder if you just had a lazy server who decided not to bring you more then 1 drink and the comment he made to your friend, sheesh! If he had made a comment like that to me, I would have dumped the drink out in front of him, then asked for another. I wonder if it was just an "off" day, since your review is the 1st really negative one that I've read.

It's a shame that you didn't mention these issues to anyone. Just because they're in another country, you can't assume that they won't care and don't want to listen.

I was at Nachi the last time in Coz and had a server that went MIA, maybe showing up twice in an hour. It was only my sister and I, so not a whole lot of work. I ended up going to the pool to be closer to a bar...loved the swim up, since that was the only way I was going to get a drink. The food was very good.

I'm still going to try MS, for the same reason why I'd try a hotel or restaurant that receives a bad review. It's an opinion that everyone is entitled too and not created equal.

Thanks for sharing:)

Honestly if there is no negative reviews, or minor incidents then that would make me wonder, how true and legit the forums are. I have been to many of the beach clubs in Cozumel and to be honest you can find fault in all of them if you look. Life vest rule is obvious and paradise beach made me wear one in a kayak. The not replacing drinks until they are gone is the only way they know someone isnt passing drinks to someone that didnt pay AI etc. Ms is a very nice facility and if your have any issues go to the desk to the right of the bar and express your concerns and im sure it will be taken care of promptly. Most of all enjoy your day!!!

You can't pass drinks to someone who didn't pay AI because the AI people are in a section alone. Non AI people can't go to the AI side. The non AI people can't even use the new pool with the swim up bar. It's on the AI side.

All - I wanted to get back to you regarding my response from Mr. Sanchos. It's not really saying anything...which actually says a lot, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:

Well, I may still cancel my reservation, just not sure.

Hi Annette,

As you probably know everyone has a different perspective about things and we must respect that.

As we said before what you were offer that's what you'll get from us. (This appears to be what they're really failing at)

Soon as you arrive please look for me to welcome you and assist you personally.

Thank you for your comments and we do understand your concerns.

Regards

Oliver

Enviado

-----Original Message-----

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:33:41

To:

Subject: FW: Beach Tours Mexico: New Order #

Dear Mr. Munoz,

I wasn't sure if you were copied on this or not and am anxiously awaiting your response. I'd also like to add that your (Mr. Sanchos) reviews on the very popular Cruise Critic website, have been deteriorating for many reasons, one of them being your staff who've been called "rude".

Thank you,

----------------

Subject: Re: Beach Tours Mexico: New Order #

Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:22:24 -0500

To:

The beer served is domestic as stated in the description but not limited to 1, the liquor us top shelf.

I will ask Oliver to personally respond to your inquiry, I am copying him.

Thanks!

Ericka

My email to Beach Tous Mexico

On Apr 16, 2011, at 9:36 AM, wrote:

Hello,

I spoke to a friend who just came back from Mr. Sanchos and he stated that there's a 1 drink policy per person, that comes in a small plastic cup. He further advised that the liquor served to the AI guests is NOT premium. Also, only 1 brand of beer is offered to the AI guests. If this is indeed correct, why is the AI plan offered?

Please advise if this is correct. I want this verified in writing from Mr. Munez, so there's no issue when I get there.

Thank you in advance,

I didn't say you are only allowed 1 drink, you are only allowed to order 1 at a time. If you order a beer or a shot, you have to wait for the server to go around to the other visitors before he comes back to you so you can order another. You can't just say "bring 3 shots of tequila" or "2 beers please". You can only order 1 item at a time.

It is all inclusive, but you should expect to wait a total of 30 mins between drinks unless you go sit at the bar. But even when I was sitting at the bar my server kept coming up to me and telling me to go have a seat, he'd bring it to me. Like I said, they won't bring you more than one at a time and the one server has a lot of people to serve. It just takes a while. It was very obvious that they purposely try to limit you, while still remaining all inclusive. I wish I had taken a picture of the tiny shots. They really were hilarious.

I didn't say you are only allowed 1 drink, you are only allowed to order 1 at a time. If you order a beer or a shot, you have to wait for the server to go around to the other visitors before he comes back to you so you can order another. You can't just say "bring 3 shots of tequila" or "2 beers please". You can only order 1 item at a time.

Yeah, I guess my email wasn't written to = my thoughts, but I certainly knew what you meant.

Oh well, I'll go just to see how it is.

Beach: Nachi - sandy, slopes more steeply into the water, but not too much

Paradise - rocky at the waterline - go to the far right to enter the water in bare feet.

How steep is the slope at nachi once you enter the water? I know a lot of caribbean beaches tend to have a 2foot+ drop off shortly after entering the water. Both me and my sister have some mobility problems so between the soft sand, the water trying to suck us back out and a drop off to climb up, i'm a little worried about going to Nachi.

It sounds like the perfect place though. My sister really wants a Corona Commercial moment (it's her first cruise) and i think Nachi is the perfect place to give her that. But we both love the water and if it's difficult to get out of the water, we might have to pass.

Is Paradise or Sanchez any better when it comes to exiting the ocean? Although the thought of staring at gigantic inflatable slides and contending with massive amounts of people makes me break out in hives. lol

Thank you to anyone who answers. I greatly appreciate it.

I emailed Oliver at Mr. Sanchos,

He said they do serve premium drinks in the AI, and the beers are XXX, Sol and tkt beer. And said if any doubts or problems I should request to see him. So I will bring the email also that he sent.

I will let you all know how it is when we get back.

Dawn

I emailed Oliver at Mr. Sanchos,

He said they do serve premium drinks in the AI, and the beers are XXX, Sol and tkt beer. And said if any doubts or problems I should request to see him. So I will bring the email also that he sent.

I will let you all know how it is when we get back.

Dawn

I specifically asked for XX and was told all I could have was Sol. Ibalso specifically asked for a better tequila and was told all they had was the house tequila. I guess they could argue that their house brands are premium, but I didn't consider them premium.

Thats why I am taking all paperwork from Oliver Munez and will ask for him if there is a problem. I don't think we will have any problems.

I also let him know about the complaints on CC, that people are switching over to Nachi because of some unhappy people.

That way he can fix any problems with staff or whatever.

Going with a good attitude and no worries. Like I said , I always bring any confirmation paperwork that says what I am paying for and if any problems show them that. If you don't speak up about a problem when at the place it happens, nothing can get resolved.

Thanks, Dawn

clearly I have been missing out by not reading this thread. My parents just returned from Nachi and their review is nothing in comparison to what folks say here.

They sat on the beach and got little to no service. They told me that if we went there and wanted free flowing drinks that we needed to sit by the pool or in it at the swim up bar to get drinks at a fast pace. They didn't eat much food, but the chips and guac they had they said were mediocre at best.

I was planning on making my decision between Nachi and MS based on their review but after reading the past few posts on this thread I am nervous to book MS. I was aware that the only beer that AI got was Sol. I emailed Oliver and he said if we paid $60 at the door that he would make sure we could chose any beer from the menu including the Coors that they offer.

He also told me that he would make sure that I got an umbrella next to my lounge chair.

So should I go ahead and print out the conversation and take it with me to MS and hope that they stay good to their word, or just book Nachi and hope for good beach service?

Opinions welcome.

Thats why I am taking all paperwork from Oliver Munez and will ask for him if there is a problem. I don't think we will have any problems.

I also let him know about the complaints on CC, that people are switching over to Nachi because of some unhappy people.

That way he can fix any problems with staff or whatever.

Going with a good attitude and no worries. Like I said , I always bring any confirmation paperwork that says what I am paying for and if any problems show them that. If you don't speak up about a problem when at the place it happens, nothing can get resolved.

Thanks, Dawn

Unless he's stupid, which I'm sure he's not, he's got to figure that everyone can't be making this stuff up. I'm going to take my emails too and go with a good attitude, but I guarantee that if we go there "armed" with emails, we'll be treated a lot better then the next guy/gal w/o emails.

If that's the case...then I guess we'll come back with good reviews.

I'm going on 5/11, so I'll be back with a review:)

clearly I have been missing out by not reading this thread. My parents just returned from Nachi and their review is nothing in comparison to what folks say here.

They sat on the beach and got little to no service. They told me that if we went there and wanted free flowing drinks that we needed to sit by the pool or in it at the swim up bar to get drinks at a fast pace. They didn't eat much food, but the chips and guac they had they said were mediocre at best.

I was planning on making my decision between Nachi and MS based on their review but after reading the past few posts on this thread I am nervous to book MS. I was aware that the only beer that AI got was Sol. I emailed Oliver and he said if we paid $60 at the door that he would make sure we could chose any beer from the menu including the Coors that they offer. Really! WHATEVER:mad: He better be offering you more then just beer for the upcharge:rolleyes:

He also told me that he would make sure that I got an umbrella next to my lounge chair.

So should I go ahead and print out the conversation and take it with me to MS and hope that they stay good to their word, or just book Nachi and hope for good beach service?

Opinions welcome.

You know, I received the same service the one and only time I went to Nachi. I kept asking myself why everyone kept tripping over each other to get there:confused: Anyway, I do have to admit that the food that we had was very good. My server went MIA, so I moved to the pool and swam to the bar, thus cooling me down and quenching my thirst:D

Since I'm going to MS in May, I'll be back with a review. As long as you're not going before then, there's really no need to book either place this far in advance.

Archived