Completely Random Question: Do they still fold the toilet paper?

BroncosFan2010

That's only if it's 2 ply. If it's 1 ply, you can use 2 sheets.:D:D

No joke, but my sister's father-in-law only allowed 2 squares for a no 1 and 3 squares for a no 2. I have no idea how he enforced this rule.

No joke, but my sister's father-in-law only allowed 2 squares for a no 1 and 3 squares for a no 2. I have no idea how he enforced this rule.

This may be the last straw for people who think technology has eliminated every last bit of personal privacy: A toilet-paper dispenser that limits the issue of tissues.

from

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19731640/#storyContinued

You might want to call them direct and find out. I mean, if the TP isn't folded into cute little animal shapes, you might want to select a different cruise line.

Just noticed you're on your first cruise tomorrow Newbie. A fellow Georgian wishes you smooth and pleasant sailing. You're gonna love it!:)

Just noticed you're on your first cruise tomorrow Newbie. A fellow Georgian wishes you smooth and pleasant sailing. You're gonna love it!:)

I hope when the cruise is over he does a review of the toilet paper situation.

Inquiring mimes want to know

How many rolls of TP is aboard?

$36 a year!!!!!!!!!!! Is it new or recycled from cruise ships?:D That, my friend, is cheeeeppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the GOOD stuff. Charmin Double Ply. DH won't buy anything else, and he definitely won't do "cheap" toilet paper. Buying in bulk is what makes it so cheap. We buy like 24 rolls in a pack. It is just DH and myself, so we only have to buy twice a year!

In the words of Dennis Miller, paraphrased...

I want the earth to be here a long time. I certainly don't want oceans flooding all of us.

But, the day they make me stop using toilet paper, or the day I have to use the same towel on my face that I use on my squatter....

THEN FORGET IT, SURF'S UP!

Amazing, toilet paper dispenser that keeps score.

This country has become one big giant condo association where we gotta tell each other what to do.

If something needs to be done, I'm all for chipping in.

But overall, I'm sick of people worrying about what others want to do in bed, what we want to eat, what choices we make. Clean air? Clean Water? All great stuff. But the powers that be have LOTS to fix before they worry about what I eat or how much toilet paper I use.

Stay out of my rear-end.

Literally! :)

It is the GOOD stuff. Charmin Double Ply. DH won't buy anything else, and he definitely won't do "cheap" toilet paper. Buying in bulk is what makes it so cheap. We buy like 24 rolls in a pack. It is just DH and myself, so we only have to buy twice a year!

Up until now, I thought that it was just packing light that was totally beyond me. Now I see that there is another unobtainable target in life - only using 24 rolls per person per year! Now I am a double failure.

Sue

PS Am I the only Brit out there struggling to keep a straight face with the OP's name and the subject matter?

What's the point of TP having a point.

Does it have to do something with the Pointer Sisters.

As a matter of fact it does, the group had its early origins when sisters June and Bonnie began performing in 1969 (without a record deal) as "Pointers, a Pair". Anxious to get a record deal the two would try any means to impress record executives. Because the name Pointer, at that time, had no name recognition the sisters launched a marketing campaign aimed at these record executives. When record executives would come to see them perform on the road, they would cleverly sneak into their hotel rooms and neatly fold the toilet paper ends into a triangle or point shape to remind them of the name Pointer. They didn't stop there folding the hotel stationary into points at the ends. Same with the bedspreads and towels. Well the rest they say is history because the toilet tissue idea was a home run and the record executives were impressed and the idea helped seal the deal of their first contract. In a tribute to the sisters hotels across the county began folding their toilet tissue at the end into a point and the trend caught on in classy hotels across American and the world. The Pointer Sisters actually were responsible for this trend of folding toilet tissue into a "point" that still continues today........... and now you know the rest of the story!

Ken

Up until now, I thought that it was just packing light that was totally beyond me. Now I see that there is another unobtainable target in life - only using 24 rolls per person per year! Now I am a double failure.

Sue

PS Am I the only Brit out there struggling to keep a straight face with the OP's name and the subject matter?

How many squares do they use each time to enable them to only use 48 rolls of toilet paper per year :eek:

Sue

??? I am confused. Must be a British joke. Care to share with the rest of us?? Here, the Broncos are an American Football team that I am a fan of, so what is the joke on the other side of the pond?

It's amazing how often we get some variation of the questions, "When was toilet paper invented?", "Who invented toilet paper?", and "What did people use before toilet paper was invented?" Here are a few of the highlights in the evolution of toilet paper that we've compiled from various sources. Some links to more comprehensive articles follow.

The Virtual Toilet Paper Museum opened its virtual doors in 1999.

from

http://nobodys-perfect.com/vtpm/exhibithall/informational/tphistory.html

It's amazing how often we get some variation of the questions, "When was toilet paper invented?", "Who invented toilet paper?", and "What did people use before toilet paper was invented?" Here are a few of the highlights in the evolution of toilet paper that we've compiled from various sources. Some links to more comprehensive articles follow.

The Virtual Toilet Paper Museum opened its virtual doors in 1999.

from

http://nobodys-perfect.com/vtpm/exhibithall/informational/tphistory.html

Wow, a TP museum... ONLINE! LOL This is great.

??? I am confused. Must be a British joke. Care to share with the rest of us?? Here, the Broncos are an American Football team that I am a fan of, so what is the joke on the other side of the pond?

Many, many moons ago, there was a brand of hard toilet paper called Bronco [like thin tracing paper] leading to the phrase "you cannot get a sheet of Bronco between them" for something very close together.

Sue

Many, many moons ago, there was a brand of hard toilet paper called Bronco [like thin tracing paper] leading to the phrase "you cannot get a sheet of Bronco between them" for something very close together.

Sue

Or the John Wayne tp doesn't take sheet from anyone

Sue

LOL, now that IS funny! I had no clue when I started this thread. Glad I can provide a laugh.

Archived